I tried to search the forums to find this issues but it doesn't find anything. I am having prblems with the new messenger release.ever since I have installed it my phone seams to be running at 1/2 speed. Freezes constantly when the browser or messenger is open. I am on a road trip and can not re-install anything at the moment. I also have a problem when I am typing. It forgets I'm typing and I'll hit T when spelling a word and it scrolls to the top and stops my typing. Gets really irritating. Just seams like there have been a lot of issues since these last BBM. And os updates have come out. Can't wait for os 5.0 to be released. Have a leaked verson I had on my old phone and really liked it. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having these problems. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 12:26 PM
    i've had no problems with bbm on my tour. infact, when i installed .56 i got spell check back, so if anything .56 has been the best version i've used yet

i dont have any unoffical software, so maybe thats why i've never had a problem?

if i were you, i would just uninstall bbm and see if that fixes you're problems, if it does you can always reinstall it again by downloading it using the blackberry browser or app world
    12-21-09 03:41 PM
    I downloaded the new version as well and haven't had any problems. It basially seems to be the same as the previous version.

Maybe you have too many apps running?
    12-21-09 10:47 PM
    I've just recently started using BBM on a consistent basis, and damn- that program saps my battery life like no other! What's the deal with that? I can run Yahoo Messenger just fine, but this BBM just kills the battery.
    12-21-09 11:40 PM
    agreed. heavy usage of BBM has been sucking my battery life.
    i was out shopping the other day and with heavy usage, my phone died. my tour has never died on me, i always have at least a bar by the end of the day.
    it's either BBM or the heavy usage.
    12-22-09 12:12 AM
    Anyway to go back to the older version?
    12-22-09 12:23 AM
    I tried to search the forums to find this issues but it doesn't find anything. I am having prblems with the new messenger release.ever since I have installed it my phone seams to be running at 1/2 speed. Freezes constantly when the browser or messenger is open. I am on a road trip and can not re-install anything at the moment. I also have a problem when I am typing. It forgets I'm typing and I'll hit T when spelling a word and it scrolls to the top and stops my typing. Gets really irritating. Just seams like there have been a lot of issues since these last BBM. And os updates have come out. Can't wait for os 5.0 to be released. Have a leaked verson I had on my old phone and really liked it. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having these problems. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've been experiencing the same problems. I am running OS 50v7.14. Download went fine, but installation has yet to work. I'm still running .55 but .56 is waiting to be installed on the phone. Since this download (not install) my tour has been at 1/2 speed at times. It has definitely been better since Sunday morning when i downloaded it, but still very slow. Also freezes often (never had this problem), and restart takes double the normal time.

To hopefully get us back on topic, does anyone have any suggestions?
    12-22-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD