Why am I having such a hard time finding a spreadsheet app, I have searched all over the App World with little success, tried a few with very poor performance on OS 5.0, I don't need one with every feature that is in a full blown PC program. Just a nice functional program
    12-20-09 06:17 PM
    Docs to go (free) that comes with the phone?

works great.
    12-20-09 06:27 PM
    You cant edit and create documents with it.
    12-20-09 06:32 PM
    You can fully edit and save all documents.

You cannot "create" new docs, but there are plenty of workarounds for that; many folks just keep a blank doc on their phone to use for "new" docs.
    12-20-09 07:36 PM
    another option is Gridmagic @ simprit.com - it is an Excel compatible spreadsheet.

There is a free version and a couple of paid versions.

Honestly though, I haven't used Gridmagic since RIM started packing SheetToGo with the product. I just keep a spreadsheet and word file saved on my BB - then I "edit" them and save them as I need them.
    12-20-09 08:23 PM
    I know this is an older thread, but hunting for a good spreadsheet app (again). I LOVED GridMagic, but apparently Simprit went out of business and took their servers offline, so now it's impossible (to my knowledge) to e-mail spreadsheets back and forth. This is a necessary feature if you don't want to lose all of your spreadsheets in the event of a catastrophic failure (which has happened to me more than once with these stupid Blackberries). Documents To Go won't allow formatting of cells (date, currency, etc.) with the free version. I'm not about to spend $30-$45 on ANY app.

Any other suggestions?
    05-14-10 11:12 AM
    I wanted to add that even if I format a spreadsheet in Excel, then open it in Docs2Go, the formatting does not apply when entering new data into cells. For instance, I have a spreadsheet that has a date column, a number column, and a currency column. These are formatted as such. When I go to enter new data into the date column, it just reverts back to "general" formatting. That's just obnoxious.
    05-14-10 11:18 AM
    I wanted to add that even if I format a spreadsheet in Excel, then open it in Docs2Go, the formatting does not apply when entering new data into cells. For instance, I have a spreadsheet that has a date column, a number column, and a currency column. These are formatted as such. When I go to enter new data into the date column, it just reverts back to "general" formatting. That's just obnoxious.
    In all honesty, I have been in accounting for over 20 years and have utilized software since DOS. Why the **** would you want to use your BB to create a spreadsheet, add formating and fomulas ??????

I literally work remotely. Get a laptop and use any of the Excel versions that have been availaboe over the years. All are better than anything that can "be seen" on a BB.
    05-14-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD