I've had this 9700 for a week now and i never had a problem with the phone. But this morning at 7am i took my phone off the charging pod. Then during the day i notice my battery was draining pretty fast. Within an hour one bar was gone, then i did some texting and some calling. Then i notice 2 bars were gone. Then i left the phone alone and like around 1pm. I picked up my phone cuz the green like flashing, then i looked at it and the battery was flashing. Then few seconds later the phone completely shut off. I haven't installed any themes or anything new apps. The only two apps i have is pacman and tetris. I am not in any groups nor i have face book installed on my phone. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
    12-19-09 06:24 PM
    Make sure all of the apps are closed properly when you aren't using them. If you used your maps and didn't close them by using the menu and selecting close or exit they could be running in the background. GPS is a major battery hog.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 06:30 PM
    Make sure to close programs that hog the memory you aren't using as mentioned. Faceook/GPS are to blame most of the time since Facebook needs some optimization for Blackberries and regarding GPS, it is very common since it is constantly updating the maps and such.

There is a program that monitors all your programs and lets you know what is eating your battery. If someone knows the name of it, please let us know.
    12-19-09 06:34 PM
    maybe your right, cuz i never close it like that. i usually just press the end key. Thanks ill give that a try
    12-19-09 06:34 PM
    That's most likely the problem then. On most apps simply pressing the end key just puts the app in the background still running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 06:39 PM
    take it back to the store
    12-19-09 06:44 PM
    There is no need to take it back to the store.
    12-19-09 06:45 PM
    take it back to the store
    i really dont think the battery is defective. Maybe its my fault, i wasnt closing the apps properly. Someone was saying something about an app that monitors your battery usage. Does anyone know whats the name of the app?
    12-19-09 06:46 PM
    12-19-09 06:47 PM
    I noticed mine eating through battery life real quick too. Turning off the wifi when I wasn't in a wifi location seemed to help a bit.
    12-19-09 07:26 PM
    Don't believe the hype...Take your phone back and have a tech look at it and at minimum have them give you a new battery. Good luck.
    12-19-09 07:41 PM
    Honestly I can go over 2 days on a single charge.
    12-19-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD