Well i'm running a hybrid for the first time and it is going great but the thing is i want to install Yahoo, AIM, Windows, and Blackberry Messenger and well they like in total take about 10mb and well since i'm on 8330 my memory is limited and well i just want to know how i can make it smaller
    12-19-09 01:22 PM
    did the hybrid you install not have them installed with it?? if you choosen to redownload them im not sure if its possible to shrink the zip down.
    12-19-09 01:23 PM
    If you downloaded those programs via BlackBerry App World you'll find that the installs include most of the language support which will bloat each of those programs considerably (x2 for WLM and close to x3 for Yahoo).

I would recommend deleting them and re-installing directly from the BlackBerry website where you get to choose which language to install (approx. 800kb vs 1.9MB for WLM, approx 900kb vs. 2.1MB for Yahoo).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:45 PM
    Well no it didnt and yes i have noticed that it just 800kb from the website thank u so much!
    12-19-09 03:05 PM
    but the problem is that on the bb website it is just 2.3.30 and theres a new software 2.3.32 wats the difference
    12-19-09 03:06 PM
    That's a good question. I'm still running 2.5.30 (not wanting to load up unnecessary language packs on my phone). But like just about every release that RIM does... no change log. I doubt that there's much difference; probably just a maintenance release.

If you "really" want to download the 2.5.32 versions, do so and then use BBSAK to delete the unwanted language .CODs for each program. You can grab a copy of BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) here --> http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...e-beta-240210/
    12-19-09 04:02 PM
    I'm running the 5.0 hybrid also as of last week and currently using Nimbuzz for IM. Its a multi IM app that includes facebook and myspace. It is a little slow at times and does eat up the battery a little but nothing major. There is also a PC/MAC version. The look and feel is great I am just hoping in future releases they lighten it up or optimize it.
    12-19-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD