Hey Everyone,
    I'm wondering what everyone thinks the best FREE Twitter client is? I've searched and found the round-robin on twitter clients, but doesn't give me a whole lot of help on deciding, so I want to hear from the people that use these clients what they think.

I'm wanting a twitter client that is simple, shows the timeline, alerts me when there is a new tweet from someone I'm following, doesn't eat up battery life. I do have an unlimited data plan, so that isn't a big deal to me.

Thanks, and I hope that this thread may help some others deciding on what client to get...
    12-18-09 06:50 PM
    Do you use Facebook too? If so, look at the excellent Vodafone Update.

If you're strictly Twitter, look at Ubertwitter. In my opinion, the best Twitter client out there.

If Ubertwitter is a bit much, look at OpenBeak (formerly TwitterBerry).

Hope that this helps.
    12-18-09 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm currently using OpenBeak and I'm not sure if I'm really liking it. Do you know how process intensive it is? It seems I can't control how many tweets it gets for timeline.
    I do use FaceBook too. Can you separate twitter and facebook updates with Vodafone Update? As for UberTwitter, Do you know how process intensive that is? Also how good loading/closing the app?
    12-18-09 06:59 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm currently using OpenBeak and I'm not sure if I'm really liking it. Do you know how process intensive it is? It seems I can't control how many tweets it gets for timeline.
    I do use FaceBook too. Can you separate twitter and facebook updates with Vodafone Update? As for UberTwitter, Do you know how process intensive that is? Also how good loading/closing the app?
    You're welcome. I used TwitterBerry a while back, and liked it. Wasn't too intensive, actually; maybe the devs changed a bunch of stuff in the new version. Ubertwitter has not been intensive for me at all, and is a great app.

In Vodafone Update, you can separate your updates between Facebook, Twitter, or both. A bunch of nice options and it doesn't affect performance on my phone either.
    12-18-09 07:02 PM
    Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure how many times this question has probably been asked. I just want to get the best I can for my blackberry.

Do you like the overall UI for Vodafone Update?
    12-18-09 07:07 PM
    ubertwitter is probably the best free app.
    12-18-09 07:11 PM
    Do you like the overall UI for Vodafone Update?
    Yes I do. There are a few tweaks I'd like to see made but overall I love the app.
    12-18-09 07:13 PM
    Uber all day....
    12-18-09 07:15 PM
    vodafone is pretty cool, i like it
    12-18-09 07:26 PM
    Too bad Vodafone update isn't available for the Storm!
    12-18-09 07:39 PM
    Too bad Vodafone update isn't available for the Storm!
    It will kind-of work on it but it's quirky (at least, back when I had a Storm running 5.0.0.328). Supposedly they're planning on adding Storm support soon. Take that for what you will.
    12-18-09 07:42 PM
    Another question, Vodafone does use the notification area, right?
    12-18-09 07:59 PM
    SocialScope. No doubt whatsoever.
    12-18-09 08:06 PM
    SocialScope. No doubt whatsoever.
    It's too bad so many people can't get it without a invite.
    12-18-09 08:14 PM
    Seesmic! look for it in App World. UberTwitter has a weird issue with all music being played on the 5.0 OS after doing the browser fix. Seesmic is also faster than UberTwitter and Openbreak.
    12-18-09 08:19 PM
    I personally love SocialScope. However, before I got my invite I used just about every other Twitter client out there and my 2nd choice would have to be Uber. It's straight forward and does what you would want a Twitter client to do. I would definitely try and get a SS invite though. It will be worth it.
    12-18-09 08:23 PM
    I personally love SocialScope. However, before I got my invite I used just about every other Twitter client out there and my 2nd choice would have to be Uber. It's straight forward and does what you would want a Twitter client to do. I would definitely try and get a SS invite though. It will be worth it.
    how do you go about getting a SS invite? i been wondering
    12-18-09 08:48 PM
    how do you go about getting a SS invite? i been wondering
    SocialScope

Just go there and sign up. Very simple. All of 5 seconds. Then you play the waiting game. I was one of the lucky ones though. I signed up and got my invite 2 days later so you never know.
    12-18-09 08:55 PM
    SocialScope

Just go there and sign up. Very simple. All of 5 seconds. Then you play the waiting game. I was one of the lucky ones though. I signed up and got my invite 2 days later so you never know.
    Been waiting 5+ months, and this seems to be the majority consensus. Signed up 3 times to no avail. Hence, why I point people to Vodafone Update; you can actually get your hands on it.
    12-18-09 10:58 PM
    Been waiting 5+ months, and this seems to be the majority consensus. Signed up 3 times to no avail. Hence, why I point people to Vodafone Update; you can actually get your hands on it.
    Oh yea I completely understand. I wasn't "jumping" to try SS because I had read all the waiting stories and what not. Like I said I was one of the lucky ones to get it so quickly. However, you make an excellent point; there are great apps out there that you can get your hands on right away.
    12-18-09 11:09 PM
    i am ready to try this vodafone app, I go to the website and can't find a download link, does it know I have a tmo 9700?
    12-18-09 11:24 PM
    I've used Twitterberry, Ubertwitter, and paid for Tweet Genius. I must say I like Twitterberry the best. It is simple and isn't fancy, but is easy to use and efficient.
    12-19-09 12:41 AM
    I used to use UberTwitter until i ran into TxiXtreme. It has a great user interface! and its ad-less =) check it out! Ever since I started using TxiXtreme, I've never went back to UberTwitter.

TwiXtreme: The Sweetest Twitter� Client for BlackBerry
    12-19-09 12:52 AM
    I have SS uber and tweet genius and I have to say I love uber much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 08:53 AM
    Seesmic is my absolute favorite.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 09:11 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD