Im trying to figure out if I can save an entire conversation in my Txt messages. I can see how to say one message but not the whole conversation
    12-18-09 06:09 PM
    Don't think you can. If you figure it out let me know...
    Other than backing it up of course.
    12-18-09 08:55 PM
    Trying to black mail someone I see by keeping their words?

Is there a particular sting that you want to keep only for a long time for a reason? If you HAVE to hve it, bcking up is the only way I can think of. Invidually deleting instead of delete prior is another. I am not thinking they actually expire, but I don't know for sure.
    12-19-09 01:30 AM
    "Trying to black mail someone I see by keeping their words?

Is there a particular sting that you want to keep only for a long time for a reason?"

Who the he!! cares about his reasons?! What, are you the local morality cop or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 11:34 AM
    Maybe he needs to save the string for sentimental reasons.

Be it for sentimental or blackmail purposes, I would like to know if its possible as well.

12-19-09 03:36 PM
    no reason to go into why I need information saved from my texts, but still would like to know if you can save the entire string and not just one message at a time
    12-20-09 03:55 PM
    I wish there was a way of saving SMS messages but so far I have not found a way...
    12-20-09 04:48 PM
    Just don't delete it. Or take screen shots.
    12-20-09 07:40 PM
    This is one of the reasons I hate threaded SMS.
    12-21-09 09:49 AM
    Just don't delete it. Or take screen shots.
    After a while they automatically delete if you have enough of them. It's happened to me. A certain contact and me used to send over 100 SMS's a day to each other, and after a while the oldest started to drop off...
    12-21-09 11:01 AM
    SMS stringing is one thing I really miss from my Palm OS. I don't know why, but I really liked that feature. The closest way that I have found to do that with my BlackBerry is to use the "search" feature and select the name of the person you want to "string". My BlackBerry will pull up every text I have ever received from that person. Its not perfect, but it does help. I wonder if there is a software application that will allow SMS stringing?
    12-28-09 10:35 AM
    Its been awhile since this thread saw some daylight.

Has anybody come up with a possible solution in the six months since the thread originated?

06-03-10 08:00 AM
    I am actually pretty ******* pissed about blackberrys these days. I have been a blackberry user for years now, and have never left to try other phones because I was completely satisfied with everything balckberry had to offer. Now ... I've pretty much has every kind of blackberry but I recently upgraded to the 9780 and the fact I can't even save an entire sms message anymore is a ****kkking joke, not to mention the lagging youtuube, which is always a ******* problem with this phone and I'm on the fastest network that exists. Blackberry has a lot oof cool improvements, but honestly small details make all the difference with me. I'm considering breaking up with blackberry and thinking of dataing iphone. I mean even tho I admire that blackberry got new ringtone sounds and **** but where the **** are the old ones?? They don't exist, they should have the old tones and the new ones. And the new ones for os6 are limited, there's like 5 to choose from, so everybodies ****in blackberry has the same ring tone and I keep thinking its my phone ringing when really its someone elses, like wtf!!? Sorry had 2 vent. Oh its also nice to know even though my blaackberry setting is set to 'saave sms messages forever" it deletes them anyways after like a month. Like why even give me a choice if it ****in deletes it anyways? Am I the only one trippin out here??!?!

02-11-11 11:44 PM
    taz, you can get the old ringtones from OS 5. There are multiple threads on that issue here, probably under the Torch section. Within those threads you will find direct links to add back the ringtones.

I sent the link via email, then SAVED that email for the future, because any future OS upgrade will remove them again.

Agreed, it would be nice to be able to save an entire threaded SMS to email or something other than Desktop manager. This should be fairly easy to code into the OS.
    02-19-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD