Hey all,

I'm experiencing an issue that I've never had before with any other OS / BB. Here's the sequence of events:

1) Wife SMS texts me something (nobody else texts me).
    2) I type my reply (conversation view, FYI), then press return to send.
    3) My reply never shows up in the conversation view.
    4) I press back, which takes me to the Messages App home screen, and I CAN see my reply there.
    5) I try to open my reply, and nothing happens.
    6) A battery pull fixes the issue temporarily (I can then open my reply and see it in conversation view), but it happens daily and multiple times each day.

Anybody else having this happen to them?
    12-18-09 01:36 PM
    Sounds like yet another 9700 glitch it has happened to me before. Did you have this problem with the stock OS? or did you notice this with the .421? Also try deleting the whole conversation and see what happens the next time you text with your wife.
    12-18-09 01:47 PM
    Did you intall a beta OS on your berry? i run official ATT (my carrier) .296 and i will be upgrading tonight and i have never had issues with it.
    12-18-09 02:18 PM
    Forgot to change my sig. I reverted back to stock OS .133 I think it is with T-Mo.
    12-18-09 04:16 PM
    Same issue, running .421.

To re-sum what you said, It doesn't happen often but it is annoying. I text my GF and my reply isn't visible so I am not sure if it was send or not. I go back to "My messages" and notice the message is there. When I try to go back to the conversation, It does not let me. I can delete it but then I would need to start my conversation again or reboot it to fix the issue.

Seems like a issue with the OS.
    12-18-09 04:49 PM
    Same issue, running .421.

To re-sum what you said, It doesn't happen often but it is annoying. I text my GF and my reply isn't visible so I am not sure if it was send or not. I go back to "My messages" and notice the message is there. When I try to go back to the conversation, It does not let me. I can delete it but then I would need to start my conversation again or reboot it to fix the issue.

Seems like a issue with the OS.
    It would have to be an issue with at least the stock OS as well as .421. I wiped my device before downgrading to the stock .330.
    12-18-09 05:24 PM
    Anyone can help since it happened again today. Running .421. Happened once in the past 2 days but very annoying.
    12-20-09 08:22 PM
    I just got this issue last night where I was sending a reply on an SMS message but it didn't appear on the threaded SMS. But when I check back into the messages section, I can clearly see my reply. When I try to open up the SMS, it wont let me.

I am running stock AT&T OS .296 so it's definitely not a leak OS issue.
    12-20-09 08:55 PM
    i run .405 and do not have this issue
    12-20-09 08:56 PM
    It would have to be an issue with at least the stock OS as well as .421. I wiped my device before downgrading to the stock .330.
    I'd have to agree with you on this. I have had the same problem and I'm on .330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 09:00 PM
    Hey all,

I'm experiencing an issue that I've never had before with any other OS / BB. Here's the sequence of events:

1) Wife SMS texts me something (nobody else texts me).
    2) I type my reply (conversation view, FYI), then press return to send.
    3) My reply never shows up in the conversation view.
    4) I press back, which takes me to the Messages App home screen, and I CAN see my reply there.
    5) I try to open my reply, and nothing happens.
    6) A battery pull fixes the issue temporarily (I can then open my reply and see it in conversation view), but it happens daily and multiple times each day.

Anybody else having this happen to them?
    I have the stock T-mobile OS and have had the same problems, I thought it was part of the whole contact name not showing up. I am waiting on T-mobile official update.

12-20-09 09:09 PM
    i have the same issue...also i am having anotherissue here when someone sends me a text the red start icon appears andthen when i check the text and go back to the home screen the star logo doesnt go away! i have exchanged my 9700 4 times already and obviously it is not the phoine...has anyone had this issue? can anyone help?
    01-05-10 11:25 AM
    having the same issue, but this isn't a new issue to the 9700, I had it happen a few times with the curve 8900 as well, though I see it alot more with the 9700, I've been hunting for a fix, but looks like this is a Tmobile issue from what I can tell, my ATT users haven't seen the issue yet... hope someone finds a fix or a workaround soon, it seems to target the people I sms the most so I'm looking into message storage
    01-05-10 11:42 AM
    I am using the new Curve. I had the storm before this and never had this problem. Unfortunately I don't think it is the service provider. I am with Verizon and have the same issue. Funny thing is it doesn't happen to the same person each time. I did figure out the trick of composing a new text and when i do that it unlocks it and i can open it again.

I did reboot my phone this morning and it allowed me into the text once but then it locked it again. Hopefully BB is working to resolve this problem.
    01-11-10 01:58 PM
    I would try a couple of things.

Unlink all of your contacts in bbm. Highlight the contact>menu>unlink contact.

Delete old SMS and bbm threads and start new.

Don't know that either of those will solve the problem, but its worth a shot.

01-11-10 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD