Ok,

I have to take my fiance's 8330m to the local Sprint store again tonight since the tech left at 6 last night and they couldn't look at it then. Since I have to drive well out of my way for a second time any chance I could use that as leverage to get them to upgrade her phone to an 8330? I mean they are technically same price after rebates online and the 8530 has a full retail of less $220 less than the 8330 (still can't figure that one out).
    12-18-09 10:20 AM
    You can definitely try, but it really depends on the store manager. It seems these types of things are up to the managers discretion.
    12-18-09 11:34 AM
    Well, I will have to see then. According to them last night, the ringer issues she's having is a known issue with 4.5.0.175 but I couldn't find anything last night.
    12-18-09 12:43 PM
    Ok,
    I mean they are technically same price after rebates online and the 8530 has a full retail of less $220 less than the 8330 (still can't figure that one out).
    8530 is a cost reduction. Probably costs them less to make 8530s than it does 8330s.
    12-18-09 01:00 PM
    Boy it didn't take long for one of these silly scandulous threads to pop up....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 01:04 PM
    Boy it didn't take long for one of these silly scandulous threads to pop up....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My fiance has legitimate issues with her 8330, and to be honest I'd just rather get her the slightly more future proof 8530 since she won't be getting a new phone for over a year. Plus you have no clue what was said to me last night at my local Sprint store when I went to have it looked at. I mean, I made an appointment and they didn't have that, then they said I had to wait until tomorrow since one of their techs went home sick. And somehow everyone in MN forgets how to drive in the snow over the summer, makes winter driving in the town I work in even worse than it should be. Plus the local Sprint store is the only one within 10 miles of where I work, all the other ones are way to far away to goto after work.
    12-18-09 02:58 PM
    I've been having crazy problems with my 8330 also. What kinds of problems exactly are you having? I've called Sprint to complain and gone into stores to complain, but it never gets me anywhere.
    12-20-09 11:24 AM
    I've been having crazy problems with my 8330 also. What kinds of problems exactly are you having? I've called Sprint to complain and gone into stores to complain, but it never gets me anywhere.
    She is getting random resets, horrible battery life, not respecting message deletion settings, ringer not working & now the camera takes pictures at random.

She needs her phone to work correctly since she takes care of a vulnerable adult & needs to be able to make a call at any time. The Sprint store was horrible, retentions & BB support are working with me to get it resolved. They also filed a complaint w/ the store for me as I will not step foot in there again.

I was also told all her issues were due to the number of programs installed & the number of messages she sends/recieves. I asked why my Curve doesn't do the same thing since I have more apps installed and was told "Each phone is different", yet mine is an older model so it should have more issues.
    12-21-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD