I had a Tour 9630 and hated it so I got this Storm2 now. I cannot get it to go to sleep when pushing the upper right button. Also, it will not sleep when going into the holster.

Should I instead be pushing the button on the upper left (the one with the power symbol)?

Strange about it not sleeping the holster... I wonder if there is a setting...

Thanks!
    12-18-09 09:33 AM
    the button on the upper left is the lock button. What do you mean by 'sleep'? Will the screen dim to black? pressing the lock button locks the phone and then it goes black until you unlock or press buttons.

now for the holster....is it made for the storm 2 or another device. a tour holster will not put the storm to sleep.
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-18-09 at 10:42 AM.
    12-18-09 09:37 AM
    ah so the Verizon store told me wrong. By sleep I mean whatever that mode is that saves the battery, but keeps it in the mode to receive alerts, messages and calls. Maybe that is just blacking the screen. But why does my upper right button not do that anymore? Does it do anything?
    12-18-09 09:55 AM
    the storm 2 doesnt work with the tour holster..thats why it wont go to sleep
    12-18-09 09:57 AM
    ah so the Verizon store told me wrong. By sleep I mean whatever that mode is that saves the battery, but keeps it in the mode to receive alerts, messages and calls. Maybe that is just blacking the screen. But why does my upper right button not do that anymore? Does it do anything?
    While looking at your phone, the upper RIGHT button is the silence button while the upper LEFT button is the lock button.
    12-18-09 10:16 AM
    the button on the right will mute the phone if in a holster i believe but it will not do much else. It is severly disabled from what it can and should be used for, but that is something RIM wont fix probably
    12-18-09 10:16 AM
    Thanks guys. The more I use this phone, the more I think I may take it back. I will make some posts to another thread to discuss my other issues.
    12-18-09 10:25 AM
    the button on the upper left is the lock button. Its no a power button. What do you mean by 'sleep'? Will the screen dim to black? pressing the lock button locks the phone and then it goes black until you unlock or press buttons.

now for the holster....is it made for the storm 2 or another device. a tour holster will not put the storm to sleep.
    the button in the upper left is most certainly a power button. holding it powers of the phone and the screen making it unclickable.

if you have a generic holster it will not have the magnet to put the phone into sleep mode. i suggest getting the blackberry one or one from crackberry made for the S2 that supports the sleep function
    12-18-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD