Has anyone been able to get the Barnes and Noble eReader on their S2? Everytime I try to download it from the site I get an error message that says:

We detect that you are using a browser other than your built-in Blackberry browser (Ex: Opera, Bolt, Skyfire, etc.).

Please visit Barnes and Noble Ereader Mobile Download in your built-in Blackberry browser to install the Barnes and Noble eReader. If you are using your built-in browser, your device may not be supported at this time.

Ok, the stupid thing is that I AM using the built-in browser and I have an email from the eReader support people assuring me their eReader will work on the Storm 2. Has anyone been able to successfully install this on their S2?
    12-17-09 10:13 PM
    I have it, got it lastnight.
    12-17-09 10:28 PM
    12-17-09 10:32 PM
    I got the exact same error message when I used your link. This is driving me nuts because I had the B&N eReader on my 8330 and loved it. I have sent another email to customer support but in the meantime I'm open to any other ideas...
    12-17-09 10:42 PM
    Downloaded fine for me.
    12-17-09 10:50 PM
    Try rebooting your phone, then try the link. People are saying BIS being down earlier messed with their browsers too.
    12-17-09 10:55 PM
    Try rebooting your phone, then try the link. People are saying BIS being down earlier messed with their browsers too.
    That didn't work either. I have actually been trying to get this on my phone since I got my S2 on October 31st. When I used the device switcher (previously had an 8330) in the DM, it transferred the eReader to my S2, but it was messed up. I couldn't get rid of the keyboard and it left very little room for the text. So, I uninstalled the whole thing and have been trying to reinstall it from their website ever since. Arrgg! I appreciate the suggestions, though.
    12-17-09 11:08 PM
    Yes, I got and works just fine.
    12-18-09 05:51 AM
    This might be too obvious so you probably tried it already, but go into your browser, choose BBKey->Options->Browser configuration->Browser identification->Blackberry

I've been using the B&N eReader for a couple months on both my Storm1 and Storm 2, and it works great.
    12-18-09 10:13 AM
    This might be too obvious so you probably tried it already, but go into your browser, choose BBKey->Options->Browser configuration->Browser identification->Blackberry

I've been using the B&N eReader for a couple months on both my Storm1 and Storm 2, and it works great.
    I checked my browser settings and it was already set for BlackBerry browser identification.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 10:37 AM
    It works just fine on my 9550 but it by ebook reader so I can't compare how good it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 11:27 AM
    12-18-09 01:05 PM
    Same here.
    12-26-09 01:01 PM
    I'm currently working on a fiction novel. I'm seriously considering publishing my work as an eBook. Any advice? Also, if any of you are authorities in book reviews, I'd like to pitch a couple of excerpts your way for your review and opinion. Thanks a bunch!
    12-28-09 04:50 AM
    I hate the BN eReader app. I downloaded it on my 8330 and everytime I try to download a book or part of a book (preview) it never downloads and eventually crashes my phone. I went to get the preview of Under The Dome and it requires me to pull the battery to get the phone working again. I plan on getting a Storm 2 soon, but will stick with Mobipocket for ebooks.
    12-28-09 09:29 AM
    I'm currently working on a fiction novel. I'm seriously considering publishing my work as an eBook. Any advice? Also, if any of you are authorities in book reviews, I'd like to pitch a couple of excerpts your way for your review and opinion. Thanks a bunch!
    My wife is a ebook reader freak, she would gladly check out your works. dsump85(AT)yahoo.com
    12-28-09 10:25 AM
    Try going to m.ereader.com There are links there to download the ereader. I have been using this for over a year. Apparently, ereader.com was a separate company and was later bought out by Barnes and Noble. If you go to the sight from your desktop you can browse more easily and you will see that ereader.com is definitely a company owned by barnes and noble. I believe you will end up with the same app. Either way though, the ereader app available on ereader.com is great and their book selection is very good.

Can anyone verify that the apps are the same?
    12-28-09 11:05 AM
    Well it looks like they are different apps afterall. I was able to get to the download screen for the B&N ereader though. Hopefully it is working for everyone. Does anyone know what will happen with the ereader.com app? Is B&N planning on phasing that out? From what I can tell, the new B&N ereader should accept books bought from ereader.com but I haven't verified that. Anyone know about that?

Thanks,
    Matt
    12-28-09 11:21 AM
    Has anyone been able to get the Barnes and Noble eReader on their S2? Everytime I try to download it from the site I get an error message that says:

We detect that you are using a browser other than your built-in Blackberry browser (Ex: Opera, Bolt, Skyfire, etc.).

Please visit Barnes and Noble Ereader Mobile Download in your built-in Blackberry browser to install the Barnes and Noble eReader. If you are using your built-in browser, your device may not be supported at this time.

Ok, the stupid thing is that I AM using the built-in browser and I have an email from the eReader support people assuring me their eReader will work on the Storm 2. Has anyone been able to successfully install this on their S2?

I had exact same situation - tried all sorts of things (uninstalled Fictionwise ereader, deleted cache, battery pull, etc.) HOWEVER it finally worked!!!!
    I was on the webpage with the error message noted above - clicked BB menu, Set Encoding and changed the default charset from some ISO value to US-ASCII and the download screen POPPED OPEN.
    try it.....hope it works for you.
    I transferred all my Ereader PDBs into the BN_eBooks folder and was able to open all (after re-entering original name & access code). Good Luck
    05-11-10 07:24 PM
    I was having the same issue before, have not tried it for a few months. I tried it today after reading these posts and it went right through. Finally!
    05-11-10 08:59 PM
    I have it on mine, and I've had it for a while. It works great, and I don't remember having any trouble downloading and installing it.
    05-12-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD