So am I the only one that bought the Tour in July only to see a far superior Tour 2 being released 6 months later? I can see a successor being released after a year or more but 6 months? seriously? with WIFI? Unbelievable. Thanks Verizon for suckering me into this phone I am stuck with for two years knowing this Tour 2 was right around the corner. No wonder they never advertised the Tour very heavily.

*bangs head against Tour 1*
    12-17-09 09:51 PM
    just look at it this way - now you're WAY ahead of the game and poised for the Tour 3
    12-17-09 09:57 PM
    hahaha i dont know why but you actually just made me feel better!
    12-17-09 09:59 PM
    They are making a big mistake by releasing this phone so early after the Tour. The device simply won't sell. Anybody who was interested in buying a new-generation BlackBerry has already bought the Tour. And only 1% of people actually knew the Essex would be coming out relatively soon, so everyone thought the Tour was IT.
    12-17-09 10:02 PM
    I will be buying the new tour because the same **** happened to me with the Storm. Bought mine 2 months before Storm 2 dropped. No one at verizon said hold off... better unit coming soon! Grrrrrr Storm 1 is an ok but phone but for the money i pay per month I want a Great phone.
    12-17-09 10:08 PM
    Don't immediately blame Verizon. I work for Best Buy Mobile and more often than not customers know more about new phone releases than we do. It's simply not advertised to us until it's a done deal. So the associates may not have known. However, if you purchased at a Verizon corp. store, they are commission based and some, but not all, are only out to make a quick buck.
    12-17-09 10:13 PM
    I don't care frankly. My tour works fine and I have been running the 5.0 leak since it came out. I'm not buying another phone until 4g rolls out. These phones they are releasing right now are just profit filling betas for the good stuff that is on the horizon.
    12-17-09 10:35 PM
    Yes it sucks.. but hopefully the new one will be more of a bug free version. Sure glad I get my upgrades every year with Sprint... I can stay on top of the new models that way.....probably stick with my Tour1 for awhile anyway..works like a dream!!
    12-17-09 10:39 PM
    yeah well if you have an ipod touch, the wifi addition is a major upgrade. im not about to shell out all that loot though after buying the tour 5 months ago. just frustrating thats all
    12-17-09 11:20 PM
    yeah well if you have an ipod touch, the wifi addition is a major upgrade. im not about to shell out all that loot though after buying the tour 5 months ago. just frustrating thats all
    I agree... but the wifi would be the least things I would be excited about in a new Tour2... only thing I want now is the official OS5, trackpad really isn't calling my name that loudly either.
    12-17-09 11:26 PM
    Its a little bit early, I agree. I think if they advertise the tour 2 more though they can make some money off of it still, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 11:43 PM
    It does suck a little but the Tour2 is not going to be "far superior" - its just a trackpad and wifi, neither of which I personally want or need. As for the OS, the Tour will get 5.0 eventually, just like the Storm 1.
    unfortunately the guys and gals that work at Verizon stores or retailer agents ie walmart bestbuy and so on know about these phones alot earlier then one would think i have a bud that works at vzw corp store and he really gets down about the fact if he tells his long time cust to wait for tour 2 instead of selling him a tour today his job is on the line.
    All I want is the official 5.0 OS.
    12-17-09 11:55 PM
    I would agree that some sales associates just want to hit their numbers.. but not every person sales person hit the blogs or forums trying to get the latest and greatest info.

Sometimes they just don't know...

Besides there is no real confirmation on when exactly the Tour2 is coming out.

So enjoy what you got right now and rock it to the fullest...
    12-18-09 12:13 AM
    All I want is the official 5.0 OS.
    Ditto and X2 here!!!!!!!
    12-18-09 12:18 AM
    So am I the only one that bought the Tour in July only to see a far superior Tour 2 being released 6 months later? I can see a successor being released after a year or more but 6 months? seriously? with WIFI? Unbelievable. Thanks Verizon for suckering me into this phone I am stuck with for two years knowing this Tour 2 was right around the corner. No wonder they never advertised the Tour very heavily.

*bangs head against Tour 1*
    The Tour 2 is not far superior. For one it has a track pad and not a track ball. Which is okay but I can deal with my ball for now. It has wifi which I don't even want. I mean the verizon 3g service is so fast it loads all the mobile sites I go to very fast. Even my youtube videos load instantly.

When I first heard about it I did think about getting it and even posted here and said I might. But I won't be.

It may have more ram I'm not sure. But the truth is my tour is so fast nothing has a load time so I'm not worried about if the tour 2 is faster.

I upgraded from a curve 8330 to a tour. And honestly the tour is way faster than the tour but even if I still had the curve I'd be okay. The curve might not have been AS fast but it wasn't so much slower that it really affected performance that much and what you want to do with your phone.

The main reasons I upgraded from the curve to the tour was because my curve was in bad shape. Been dropped a bunch and I hate the feel of skins and cases.

The Tour has a way better High resolution screen and thats very improtant to me. The Tour plays youtube videos in full screen as well as videos on my sd card. The curve played them in a little small window in the middle of the screen that I couldn't even see. Therefore I never watched videos and I would have really liked to.

The keyboard on the tour is better.

And last but not least the tour feels and looks better.

But as far as the tour and tour 2. Not enough difference for me to care.
    12-18-09 12:50 AM
    I disagree that the tour 2 won't sell because it will. I mean the curve was out forever the 8330 and it's still selling like crazy. The tour will keep selling like it is now and the new people will get tour 2's instead of the original. Trust me. They won't have a problem selling these things.

The bad thing is theres all this talk about droids. So many people are turning to them. The droid is a cool phone. I think the thing is awesome! But it's more like a toy. BlackBerry is the real deal. I know that's off subject but it was on my mind!
    12-18-09 12:52 AM
    Kind of sucks and I'm slightly angry myself especially since I just got my Tour in late October but oh well I am not gonna run out and buy the T2. Like most people I just want the offical OS 5.0 because there really isn't much of a difference between the two phones to be honest
    12-18-09 04:53 AM
    Gang, take it from someone who owns their own VZW Shop. We hear speculation from just about everyone on the planet as to when something is gonna drop. Until I see absolute concrete evidence of a release date? It does not exist. Most people are screamning for 5.0 OS. The trackpad and wifi are just an added bonus. The current Tour is doing everything I need it to do with .61

When the Tour2 comes out, Im sure I will be jumping right to that device of course. But for now, there are plenty of options out there in the meantime. Tis all good campers.
    12-18-09 07:00 AM
    I will just be happy when the Tour 2 gets released. Not because I'll be getting one (just got my Tour June/July), but because I'm hoping that 5.0 will be officially released by Verizon for the original Tour. I've played with the trackpad on a couple different Blackberry's, and while I like it, I'm so used to the standard trackball, that it's not going to make a huge difference to me. And WiFi? Verizon is pretty reliable/steady where I'm at, and the areas I work in, so that's not a huge issue to me. I have another upgrade on the account towards the end of next year, so who knows what they'll have out by then. :-P (There are advantages to having 4 lines on an account, and being the only one who likes upgrading twice a year, lol )
    12-18-09 07:36 AM
    The Tour 2 is simply what the Tour 1 should have been. Plain and simple. It has nothing innovative or worthy to make it a sequel phone. Instead, we got a phone with no wifi and a horrible trackball, including other problems such as rippling screens and nonworking headphone jacks. Instead of fixing this problems at the manufacturing level, RIM just claimed the trackball problems were an issue with the "first batch" of phones and then never addressed them again. They then decided to screw all the Tour 1 owners and instead of fixing their problems, release a "sequel" phone 6 months later.

It's a joke - but don't bring this up in the Essex forums, because the RIM fanboys will be all over you. They don't understand that we, as consumers, should hold these companies responsible for making shoddy products and not fixing them. It's because of people like them that RIM and other companies will continue to do this.

If you really don't like this, vote with your dollar. If the Tour 2 comes out within 6-8 months of the Tour and they don't offer any restitution for current Tour owners, my business will be going to the Droid or its successor next time around.
    12-18-09 07:37 AM
    Ill just be happy when 5.0 comes out. Wifi was great, when i had Tmo but with Verizon i dont need it. Track pad just doesnt feel right to me
    12-18-09 07:40 AM
    I love my Tour, but my daughter's eligible for an upgrade from her World at the end of January, and I'm just hoping she can get the T2 by then. Remains to be seen...
    12-18-09 07:59 AM
    eh im probably jumping to android asap anyway
    12-18-09 08:28 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD