I have had 4 tours crash on me. since July. I am at my wits end. I use the phone for work and can't go without for even a day. I am a clinical social worker working wth kids with serious psychiatric behaviors. My boss is going to freakl out when I have to tell him.
    What I would like is to try another Blackberry. I am so tired of all the problems I have had since I have upgraded to the tour. Do I have any options? I have never used a touch screen but at this time I would be willing to try any other Blackberry that might be more reliale/stable. Thank you.
    12-17-09 09:50 PM
    what are your tours doing? That many bad devices is more likely something you are causing with a bad application or something rather than defects
    12-17-09 10:18 PM
    Wow.. if a phone blew up on you, then you may want to consider not using a phone period.. Tours are pretty solid in terms of software - I say user error.. gotta be something that you're installing or doing with the phone that's causing problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 10:29 PM
    Honestly both me and my wife went through 3 tours each for various reasons, on the fourth replacement and a ton of headache, was given storm 2 instead, I am so glad I did, I could never go back to the tour honestly.I liked the tour even with all the problems, But I LOVE my storm2. Verizon has a policy with 3 defective units in 90 days they will give you a different phone.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 12-17-09 at 10:47 PM.
    12-17-09 10:45 PM
    Various reasons = ???

12-17-09 10:51 PM
    Various reasons = ???

aka: made up reasons. Once people learn this policy they have all kinds of issues with their phones.
    12-17-09 10:52 PM
    I get it all the time. People have "issues" with the phone, refuse troubleshooting, demand a new phone of a different model and then quote the policy to me. I hope you can take this as just a answer to your question and not make it into another arguement. Because for someone that doesn't like what I say, is an awful big fan of what I say.
    12-17-09 11:07 PM
    I was speaking with one of my managers the other day about how none of the employees ever seem to have phone problems or replacements. I've had six phones dating back to before I was in the industry and have never gone to a store or called tech support for any issues. That's everything from a Samsung ACH A950 to my current Blackberry Storm. Most employees I know have the same kind of story. We see customers with multiple replacements every day, and that's why it gets harder and harder to believe that someone can have a phone replaced that many times because of a faulty device.
    12-18-09 06:18 AM
    ya know i am having the same problems i am on my 3rd tour and of course they are not new they are refurbs from verizon but the one they just sent me on wednesday is now reseting every hour sometimes twice and hour and the tour before that the battery drained while sitting in my locker i pulled the battery and i got the reinstall software error 507 sat on the phone with a rim tech from singapore i dont think i even spelled that right but they could not get it to reload the software and my first tour i had the track ball issue so i dont think the tour is a good refurb device they should give out new ones lol

honestly i think i should have kept my storm and waited till they released 5.0 it seemed like it made it a better phone i kick my self in the *** everyday i go to work and see my boss and a few coworkers playing with the storm i just had so many refurbs with the storm because of the screens had dead spots in them i know what u mean about people just going in and changing out the device i seen a guy in the store last night trying to do that same thing then he thought if he snaped it in half in front of the guy they were going to give hime a new phone and another phone for free for his other account what redneck
    12-18-09 09:12 AM
    I can kind of agree a replacement is warranted when the screen goes blank or the trackball sticks or even the batter is bad. But bricking the phone by installing bad software is a user error and then demanding a replacement due to a faulty phone is laughable. I'm sure some of the accounts get setup incorrectly and that appears as a hardware error on the phone also, makes it tough to troubleshoot.

I myself have had 3 tours, all hardware related. Last tour is a charm though.
    12-18-09 10:34 AM
    aka: made up reasons. Once people learn this policy they have all kinds of issues with their phones.
    My first 2 the track ball would not work. The third was an "reload software 502' error where we could not do anything with the phone. This 4th the phone keeps shutting down. I can not charge the phone by the wall charger or the car charger. Who knows if it is a hardware or a software problem. never the less it won't work.
    I also wiped the phone today to see if that would fix the inability to charge the phone.
    This is a royal inconvenience for me. I do not want to have to reload a new phone with all my work templates and programs. I would be much happier if the tour was reliable and function.
    12-18-09 07:42 PM
    I was speaking with one of my managers the other day about how none of the employees ever seem to have phone problems or replacements. I've had six phones dating back to before I was in the industry and have never gone to a store or called tech support for any issues. That's everything from a Samsung ACH A950 to my current Blackberry Storm. Most employees I know have the same kind of story. We see customers with multiple replacements every day, and that's why it gets harder and harder to believe that someone can have a phone replaced that many times because of a faulty device.
    I am sure that I have been using a mobile phone as long as anyone here. I go back to 1994 with cell phones. I can say unequivocally and with 100% certainty some phones are TOTAL PIECES OF CRAP. I had a Motorola candy-bar (can't remember the model) that was replaced 5 times in one year by T-Mobile because the freeking things sounded like the other party was talking under water. I also had some MOTO's that had microphone problems.
    12-18-09 08:33 PM
    Various reasons = ???

OK I didnt want to go through and list each one but here goes.
    TOUR 1 random reboots constantly GPS never worked Trackball Issue.
    TOUR 2 still having random reboot issues this time no extra apps installed and GPS would work fine on VZNAV but would never lock onto sattelites for blackberry maps or any other app
    Tour 3 Trackball issue

My Wife TOUR 1 Random reboot issues and gps would not work as well
    MY Wife TOUR 2 still having random reboot and gps issues no extra programs installed
    MY WIFE TOUR 3 Trackball problem

I wasn't trying to work the system just to get a new phone, I wanted the phone I invested in to work properly. I tried every possible thing on all 6 devices to find out why the gps would not connect and why I was getting random reboots. I tried wipes, adding no apps removing all but the basic phone apps and nothing worked. Also if you check the tour forums I was not the only person having these issues.
    All my issues were blatantly obvious, and I really liked the tour as a phone, however, I talked to customer service on numerous occasions and went to the store about 10 times letting the tech see what issues I was having. I had a supervisor tech tell me gps was locked down on the tour that's why it wouldn't work without vznav. (cmon seriously know your product) I was also told that bb maps is not their app so they could not trouble shoot the issue. No one even knew about the gps selftest that shows the gps issue was a hardware problem on all the devices. My wife got fed up and bought a storm 2 on upgrade and we sold her tour, my tour was about to be replaced for a 4th time in 90 days and that is why they chose the multi fru route. Both storm2s we have received have worked as advertised and I have had no problems with either device.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 12-19-09 at 01:10 AM.
    12-19-09 01:05 AM
    Try the storm 2. Myself and my girlfriend love the phone.

12-19-09 06:29 AM
    Did we ever get a legit reason as to why you and your wife returned so many phones?
    12-19-09 07:57 AM
    Did we ever get a legit reason as to why you and your wife returned so many phones?
    Yes it was in my post:
    TOUR 1 random reboots constantly GPS never worked Trackball Issue.
    TOUR 2 still having random reboot issues this time no extra apps installed and GPS would work fine on VZNAV but would never lock onto sattelites for blackberry maps or any other app
    Tour 3 Trackball issue

My Wife TOUR 1 Random reboot issues and gps would not work as well
    MY Wife TOUR 2 still having random reboot and gps issues no extra programs installed
    MY WIFE TOUR 3 Trackball problem

Also I want to point out these were not my first bb devices. I had curve 8330 wife had pearl no problems ever, we both had curve8900 no problems ever tour was first phone we had that gave us issues. And now storm2 also both have no problems for us.
    12-19-09 01:30 PM
    I am sure that I have been using a mobile phone as long as anyone here. I go back to 1994
    Wow, I think you have me beat by one year.
    12-19-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD