Hive Mind Technologies LLC is proud to announce the release of Ditto.

Ditto is a SMS utility that makes it easier for multiple people to chat via standard SMS. Ditto allows you to act as a text message chat server. Even your friends who don�t have smart phones can participate in a Ditto conversation with ease. Set up the Ditto conversation and start chatting, Ditto figures out the rest for you.

Ditto is available on App World� for Blackberry� devices running the 4.2.1 OS and greater.

To find Ditto on App World� search for "Ditto".

Uses

* Send messages to many people with ease
    - Coordinating a movie night

- Where to meet and when

* Emergency event communication
    * Allowing other to communicate anonymously via your Ditto service
    * Tweet a Ditto conversation by setting Twitter� as a listen only participant
    * Query Google� via text message and distribute the results automatically to all conversation members

Features

Ditto makes standard SMS conversations to multiple people easier.

* Conversation members only have to reply to you, no need to distribute all the member phones numbers to the group.

* As the Ditto host you can reply to any member of a conversation and they all get the same message, no need to reply to a specific person.

Automatic translation of alpha numeric phone numbers

* Ditto understands alpha numeric phone numbers and can convert them to regular numbers
    * Example: 1-800-GO-DITTO --> 1-800-463-4886

Host multiple Ditto conversations simultaneously

Conversation monitor allows you to see who is talking to who.

Pause and Resume chat services

Conversation specific message limits keep you from going over your allotted text messages

Communication ability controls allow you to moderate the conversation.
    * Set a members ability to speak and listen to the group
    * Set members to anonymous to hide their identity
    * Set members to not be identified to allow transparent proxying
    * Change member communication abilities at any time

Quick configuration from menu items in the address book and the message application

Language support in 6 languages
    * English
    * French
    * German
    * Italian
    * Portugese
    * Spanish
    12-17-09 01:41 PM
    This makes no sense to me at all....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 02:08 PM
    What parts are unclear?
    12-17-09 02:16 PM
    This is like a BBM group or conference but only in sms text format. Could be useful.
    12-17-09 04:42 PM
    mookish, would you like a free copy of Ditto?
    12-17-09 09:44 PM
    im still confused on exactly what this does, so you can have people in the conversations that dont have smart phones and does it like send a mass text to everyone? so kinda like a BBM group? sounds interesting if i am understanding this correctly. also the feature to start and stop in chats sounds nice because in BBM groups when there are a lot of people in the conversation it slows down my blackberry quite a bit...
    12-17-09 10:59 PM
    Any chance of posting a video of the app in action on youtbe,etc?
    12-17-09 11:44 PM
    Any chance of posting a video of the app in action on youtbe,etc?
    i would also like to see it in action or screenshots if it is like a separate app than just sending SMS from your normal SMS folder

Thanks
    12-18-09 12:06 AM
    I don't have a video of Ditto in action ready, but there is one in the works. I've put together a better description of what Ditto does below.

WHAT DOES DITTO DO
    Ditto works in the background as the server for a SMS based conversation while you text using your favored SMS application. You tell Ditto which phone numbers are part of which conversations and then Ditto routes text messages sent by you and received from others to the entire group.
    When you need to send a message to the entire conversation group, just reply to any member and Ditto will make sure all other members get the same message. When a member of the group replies to you, Ditto will make sure all other members of the conversation get that message.
    DITTO GIVES YOU CONTROL
    As the server for the conversation you control how and if messages are sent to the group. Ditto allows you to hide the identity of members by replacing the members name with the word “anonymous” when it relays their messages to other members of the conversation. Ditto also allows you to omit a member’s identity completely. When a member is configured this way, the relayed message appears to originate from the member running Ditto.
    Ditto also allows you to control the ability of members to speak and listen to other members of the conversation. Each member has two settings that affect their ability to send and receive messages to the group.
    The first setting is called listen mode. Listen mode can be set to “Deaf” or “Listener”. When set to “Deaf” that member will not receive messages from other members of the group, excluding the member running Ditto. When set to “Listener” that member will receive all messages sent from other members in the conversation.
    The second setting is called speak mode. Speak mode can be set to “Speaker” or “Mute”. When set to “Speaker” that member’s messages will be relayed to all other members of the conversation. When set to “Mute” that member’s messages will not be relayed to all other members of the conversation, excluding the member running Ditto. Ditto does not prevent normal direct text messaging and because of this the exclusions for the “Deaf” and “Mute” settings exist.
    12-18-09 02:23 AM
    The format was off.

WHAT DOES DITTO DO

Ditto works in the background as the server for a SMS based conversation while you text using your favored SMS application. You tell Ditto which phone numbers are part of which conversations and then Ditto routes text messages sent by you and received from others to the entire group.

When you need to send a message to the entire conversation group, just reply to any member and Ditto will make sure all other members get the same message. When a member of the group replies to you, Ditto will make sure all other members of the conversation get that message.

DITTO GIVES YOU CONTROL

As the server for the conversation you control how and if messages are sent to the group. Ditto allows you to hide the identity of members by replacing the members name with the word “anonymous” when it relays their messages to other members of the conversation. Ditto also allows you to omit a member’s identity completely. When a member is configured this way, the relayed message appears to originate from the member running Ditto.

Ditto also allows you to control the ability of members to speak and listen to other members of the conversation. Each member has two settings that affect their ability to send and receive messages to the group.

The first setting is called listen mode. Listen mode can be set to “Deaf” or “Listener”. When set to “Deaf” that member will not receive messages from other members of the group, excluding the member running Ditto. When set to “Listener” that member will receive all messages sent from other members in the conversation.

The second setting is called speak mode. Speak mode can be set to “Speaker” or “Mute”. When set to “Speaker” that member’s messages will be relayed to all other members of the conversation. When set to “Mute” that member’s messages will not be relayed to all other members of the conversation, excluding the member running Ditto. Ditto does not prevent normal direct text messaging and because of this the exclusions for the “Deaf” and “Mute” settings exist.
    12-20-09 05:50 PM
    Could be useful, especially for those without a BB. I'm interested to see how this looks in action.
    12-20-09 06:29 PM
    Detman101

This sounds awesome. Great way to keep my skate crew in touch for on the spot tournaments or grind sessions.

When does it come out?

Dm

12-20-09 07:34 PM
    Its out now on app world. It the next few minutes I'm going to post a link for some free copies! Stay tuned.
    12-20-09 07:46 PM
    I'd give this a shot--kind of a neat idea. How does it incorporate in to threaded sms?
    12-20-09 07:50 PM
    This sounds like an interesting app.

12-20-09 08:07 PM
    mookish, would you like a free copy of Ditto?
    Of course!
    12-20-09 08:21 PM
    Its out now on app world. It the next few minutes I'm going to post a link for some free copies! Stay tuned.
    Sounds interesting.I don't use app world tho I will stay tuned and hope you are going to use an ota link here for the free copies .

12-20-09 08:22 PM
    very interested in how this will work waiting, for the free copies to pop up
    12-20-09 08:48 PM
    Hey!

I'm keen to try out this applications too!

Thanks!
    12-20-09 08:49 PM
    Man I want this bad.....

12-20-09 09:09 PM
    Ok, here it is! For all who would like a free copy of Ditto, follow the link below on your Blackberry for an OTA download.

You'll find a green download button on the link below. Clicking on the green button will take you to a free download page.

Enter the download code "cbxmas25".

Hive Mind Technologies LLC
    12-20-09 09:20 PM
    The cbxmas25 download code is good only for the 1st 50 downloads.
    12-20-09 09:24 PM
    Downloading now, thanks!! Can't wait to try this out.
    12-20-09 10:03 PM
    Let me know how it goes.
    12-20-09 10:22 PM
    I'm going to sign off for the night. If you have any questions about Ditto check out this link with some documentation or send me a message.

Hive Mind Technologies LLC
    12-20-09 11:20 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD