Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a really good screen protector. I know, I know... search the forum but I have. Everyone has put up where they got theirs from.

However, what I'm looking for is a really good quality one that isn't super thick. I got a really good thick one for my 9530 but I noticed that it took away from the quality of the screen resolution.

Now that the resolution on the 9700 is even better I don't a screen protector to hinder it.

I'm kinda interested in the privacy one... Anyone out there that has one, does it take away from the resolution?
    12-17-09 11:38 AM
    Best Skins Ever

Buy two screen protectors for $6.99 or the whole skin for $7.99.

Screen protector itself is amazing, but I applied the whole skin and I'm lovin it! No need for a pocket case and it still will fit into holster cases as well!
    12-17-09 11:52 AM
    Invisishield has a full body shield that covers the screen it is amazing or just the screen, but if you want a privacy screen true supplier sells them for $6.99. I would try either of them because they are great companies.
    12-17-09 11:53 AM
    I have BSE screen protector applied no problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 11:55 AM
    The BSE and IS skins are nice and protect well... but they will reduce the screen quality due to the wet application get the orange peel effect..... I would suggest the Clarivue Ultra Clear protector for your needs.... you cant even tell it is on the screen if you apply it correctly

Blackberry Bold 9700 Screen Protector from Clarivue
    12-17-09 12:38 PM
    I just ordered my Clarivue protector yesterday.
    12-17-09 12:40 PM
    The BSE and IS skins are nice and protect well... but they will reduce the screen quality due to the wet application get the orange peel effect..... I would suggest the Clarivue Ultra Clear protector for your needs.... you cant even tell it is on the screen if you apply it correctly

do the Clarivue protectors cover the beveled edges as well?
    12-17-09 12:47 PM
    No they do not..... they cant since they are static applied only
    12-17-09 12:57 PM
    For them to look good you will have to take your time applying it.....and be patient!!
    12-17-09 12:58 PM
    I got back on the zagg bandwagon with my 9700. I got a universal set and then cut so that it would cover the beveled edges. I will get six protectors out of one pack that cost $17 or $18. I have had one on now for several weeks and it has not peeled up or pulled away from the sides. Tricky to install but once its on its on. I wear earrings and I really needed something that would keep the screen from getting scratched and zagg does the trick.
    12-17-09 01:00 PM
    +1 for the Zagg ones

It's really expensive but works great. It's almost impossible for the screen protector to peel off if it is installed right!
    12-17-09 01:27 PM
    +1 for the Zagg ones

It's really expensive but works great. It's almost impossible for the screen protector to peel off if it is installed right!
    the BSE product is the exact same product used by ZAGG however the fit tends to be a lot better and they can be had for about a 3rd of the cost, if you dont mind mixing a little bit of soap and water yourself
    12-17-09 02:00 PM
    the BSE product is the exact same product used by ZAGG however the fit tends to be a lot better and they can be had for about a 3rd of the cost, if you dont mind mixing a little bit of soap and water yourself
    I agree completely.... but neither of these products are clear like the product I listed!!

I had a BSE and took it off and put on the Clarivue and it was like night and day difference in the clarity!!
    12-17-09 02:46 PM
    I have used the BoxWave ClearTouch Crystal screen protectors for all of my devices. They boast "over 99% visual transparency," and I believe it. There is no detectable degradation in image quality.

Bold 9700 Screen Protector / BlackBerry Bold 9700 Screen Protector / Bold 9700 Screen Cover / BlackBerry Bold 9700 Screen Cover / Bold 9700 Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

I have also tried the Best Skins Ever, and while they are tougher (gummy material resists scratches) and they stick very well, they have an orange peel surface that slightly degrades the image.
    12-17-09 02:55 PM
    Seidio is perfect on mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 03:44 PM

How easy are the clarivie protectors to install? Which version did you buy?
    12-17-09 06:24 PM
    martin fields is the best i've used, it's a bit expensive though.
    12-17-09 06:35 PM
    I love the Invisible Shield, myself. It's pricey, but they'll replace them for free for the life of the phone. Bang for the buck if you burn thru things like these (which I do).
    12-17-09 09:11 PM
    I'll put in a good word for the $1.99 / 3pack I got from pro.pal on ebay. I was skeptical about a 67cent screen protector, and it did take 10 days to arrive from Singapore, during which I was very very careful but I'm impressed with it. (And no, I have nothing to do with them except being a satisfied customer.) Went on without bubbles and I can't tell it's on there. I'm boggled they can sell them that inexpensively -- the $1.99 included shipping for heaven's sake, how can they make any money? -- but hoorah for capitalism.
    12-17-09 09:25 PM
    martin fields is the best i've used, it's a bit expensive though.
    I agree... best I have ever used. however, I stopped buying them due to the price. They are worth the price though.
    12-17-09 09:57 PM
    Thanks for all the reply guys! I checked out every single one of them. However, someone posted that the 9700 has beveled screen.

Wow! I didn't even notice! So, what have you guys done to get pass that?
    12-18-09 12:17 AM

In the process of ordering a Clarivue, going to use the ultra clear and then use scraps of BSE to cover the edges, would really like the better quality screen resolution that the BSE doesnt give me
    12-22-09 11:43 PM
    I got the 3M version from clearfreakmobile on the bay and it works great. Seller was great to deal with and stands behind the product!
    12-22-09 11:59 PM
    I have BSE -can i remove it to try the clarivue? I had a friend apply the BSE - how would i cest remove it to try the other.I have noticed that it does make the screen a little less clear but I feel better knowing it is protected from scratches etc..
    Thanks
    12-23-09 12:05 AM
    I have BSE -can i remove it to try the clarivue? I had a friend apply the BSE - how would i cest remove it to try the other.I have noticed that it does make the screen a little less clear but I feel better knowing it is protected from scratches etc..
    Thanks
    it can be pulled off but it wont go back on
    12-23-09 12:24 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD