Latest build is .17405.

Can't find release notes, though, and haven't noticed any change in functionality (perhaps just bug fixes). FWIW......
    12-17-09 11:14 AM
    Sounds like they just added more languages.
    I am always hoping they add more zooms and better scrolling...
    12-17-09 11:26 AM
    Sounds like they just added more languages.
    Yeah, doesn't do much for me as I haven't fully mastered one yet.
    12-17-09 12:55 PM
    I have tested a few pages and the "blank/white" page bug seems to be fixed/improved - haven't had it happen, yet :-)
    12-17-09 02:20 PM
    The white screen issue was addressed 2 weeks ago. But nothing new seems to have been added here really. I think this is the last update for a while.
    12-17-09 07:49 PM
    so no sense getting this if the previous OMb2 is working fine?
    12-18-09 08:50 AM
    Just downloaded. i'm curious to see what was fixed.
    12-18-09 09:12 AM
    The last silent release fixed the white screen issue but it never mentioned that in the release notes. To see if there are any significant changes that haven't been mentioned check the following issues:

* Can OM be set to Socket mode?

* Do links sometimes just reload the same page? Harder to check since it seems more random.

* Scrolling smoothness, any better?
    12-18-09 10:15 AM
    Is there a fast way to update the program. I have not been able to find it on the Opera program itself.
    thanks
    12-18-09 11:00 AM
    Is there a fast way to update the program. I have not been able to find it on the Opera program itself.
    thanks
    Just download it from the same link again, it's just updated with the languages.
    12-18-09 11:09 AM
    Nope.
    * Do links sometimes just reload the same page? Harder to check since it seems more random.
    Hasn't happened to me yet.........but it's early.
    * Scrolling smoothness, any better?
    Doesn't seem to be.
    12-18-09 11:44 AM
    Nope.

Hasn't happened to me yet.........but it's early.

Doesn't seem to be.
    Guess it's just a language update then...
    12-18-09 12:39 PM
    Guess it's just a language update then...
    Yep, appears to be a reasonable guess. OTOH, it's sort of difficult to determine whether there are any (most likely minor) security/stability fixes. Regardless, I suppose any truly significant enhancements/fixes wouldn't be included in a new build of the current beta (i.e. they'd roll out another beta for that).
    12-18-09 01:08 PM
    I want tabbed browsing! I reinstalled OMb5r2 this morning on my 8330 with OS5 and it was terrible. Trying to navigate was so skippy and lagged it was unusable. Sticking with Bolt for now.
    12-18-09 01:44 PM
    Opera mini 5 does have tabbed browsing. The only thing I find difficult about Opera mini 5 is that it doesnt incorporate how the touchscreen works. I.E you can't highlight something then click it..highlighting is the same as clicking it. I used opera mini on my omnia (winmo) that i just got rid of and it worked very well. The omnia and winmo however were crap. can't believe i stuck on winmo for so long. O well i'm on bb to stay!!
    12-18-09 02:41 PM
    The last silent release fixed the white screen issue but it never mentioned that in the release notes. To see if there are any significant changes that haven't been mentioned check the following issues:

yes you can set it to socket mode Settings>Advanced>Protocol change it from HTTP to Socket
    12-18-09 06:26 PM
    yes you can set it to socket mode Settings>Advanced>Protocol change it from HTTP to Socket
    Of course you can set it to socket mode. However, I believe the individual who posed the question wanted to know whether it would connect in that mode and, of course, it will not. Simply put, socket mode does not work.
    12-18-09 06:52 PM
    My bad for the noob question but what does socket mode do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:02 PM
    My bad for the noob question but what does socket mode do?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...ra-mini-109460

Basically:

socket = keeps open connection to servers (faster)
    http = establish connection to servers every time a page is loaded (slower)
    12-19-09 01:57 PM
    Ok. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 02:48 PM
    So I have the Beta version and whenever I go to type a web address it automatically wants to put uk.co instead of .com.. Is this normal or did I install wrong version?
    12-19-09 06:34 PM
    Latest build is .17405.

Can't find release notes, though, and haven't noticed any change in functionality (perhaps just bug fixes). FWIW......
    I have noticed opera is disabling my coverage indicator. Also running berrybuzz... Anyone else notice?
    12-20-09 12:58 PM
    I have noticed opera is disabling my coverage indicator. Also running berrybuzz... Anyone else notice?
    I typically have my coverage indicator set to "off". When I do set it to "on", though, running OM does not disable it. Perhaps it has something to do with BerryBuzz. ??
    12-20-09 06:05 PM
    So I have the Beta version and whenever I go to type a web address it automatically wants to put uk.co instead of .com.. Is this normal or did I install wrong version?
    Haven't read anything like that before. I'd have to say it certainly isn't normal, at least my install defaults to ".com". Have you checked your language settings in "Options"?
    12-20-09 06:07 PM
    Opera mini 5 does have tabbed browsing. The only thing I find difficult about Opera mini 5 is that it doesnt incorporate how the touchscreen works. I.E you can't highlight something then click it..highlighting is the same as clicking it. I used opera mini on my omnia (winmo) that i just got rid of and it worked very well. The omnia and winmo however were crap. can't believe i stuck on winmo for so long. O well i'm on bb to stay!!
    HUGE +1!!!

Is it really that difficult to enable storm compatible input methods? I know the storm is still not "officially supported" but they obviously geared the program for the storm to the extent that it still displays properly on the screen in both orientations. But it's been a few versions with still no click support. I only use opera when i am trying to view mutliple pages or a page that is just too heavy for the stock browser.
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 12-22-09 at 10:44 AM.
    12-22-09 10:41 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD