So I have had the iphone for the past three years and I finally made the switch. I just downloaded Blackberry desktop manager and it synced everything perfectly except for my contacts. It keeps telling me sync failed and to retry. I keep retrying with no luck. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem or is there a better download to sync my data on my mac with my new bold 9700?

Thanks
    12-17-09 10:41 AM
    I was synching just fine - Calendar and Contacts. All of a sudden - I get a synch error on Contacts. Calendar still synchs fine. But now I get an error that the Synch Failed on the contacts.

I just got this MAC, I have always been a PC user so there is alot to learn. But if anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it

Thanks!
    01-09-10 09:43 PM
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    01-10-10 03:10 PM
    be warry with this. I had a problem on my Tour (still do actually, never did figure out how to fix it) when you import your contacts from your Mac address book the phone won't let you edit them or make any changes to them at all (including assigning custom ring tones) when you try it just gives you an error message that says "contact updated externally, all changes will be lost"
    01-10-10 09:10 PM
    I decided to make a link of syncs to get my contacts to be the same everywhere. The middle is: my Gmail account. It has all the contacts I need - from my computers, phone, different accounts, all merged together into one database.

Then I synced my Address Book with Gmail and all of them are on my Mac now as well (iPod too )
    Next thing was, I enabled syncing of contacts between my phone and my Gmail contacts.

This keeps my contacts organized and up to date everywhere where I could use them. Maybe you could set yours like this as well?

(I had to delete BBDM because Tether didn't work with it so I had to sync it this way)
    01-11-10 08:02 AM
    Well I did the hard way, I key in manually in the BB then only sync to the mac, now it works well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:08 PM
    be warry with this. I had a problem on my Tour (still do actually, never did figure out how to fix it) when you import your contacts from your Mac address book the phone won't let you edit them or make any changes to them at all (including assigning custom ring tones) when you try it just gives you an error message that says "contact updated externally, all changes will be lost"
    Here is the fix:

Go into your BlackBerry Address book
    Hold down the Alt key and type "rbld" The address book will then be re-indexed which should allow it to search properly.
    01-12-10 05:01 PM
    I thought I'd done it correctly. I downloaded blackberry desktop software. I pushed synch so that I could back up my address book on my broken device. It's gone. My whole address book is GONE. Where did it go? Is it possible to retrieve it? PLEEEEEEAAAASE help!
    Warmest regards,
    Helga
    12-02-13 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD