Is it possible for carriers such as verizon, att, sprint ect to push out something that will affect your phone without you downloading it? I was wondering bc of the S2 issues with the only bing search engine.

The reason I ask is because a couple of weeks ago there seemed to be an abundance of people with 83xxs who's ringtones stopped working on the same day. Some people were able to fix them, but I was unable to fix mine ever, they just miraculously started working again one day. The sound issue seemed to coincide with the release of the new curve.

Anyway RIM or a cell provider could push something like this through to boost new cell sales? Had I not been so busy, I would have just bought a new phone, but now, although I am less busy, mine is working again so I'm sticking with the 8330.

Sorry so long!
    Last edited by eureeka181; 12-17-09 at 12:10 AM.
    12-17-09 12:02 AM
    The sound issue has been isolated to OS's higher than .169 on the 8330 version. I came up with the fix and posted the solution as well.

I think you're being paranoid. The Verizon/Bing issue is going to bite them in the ***. Carriers *usually* are not pushing updates to your phone.
    Last edited by docsmody; 12-17-09 at 12:16 AM.
    12-17-09 12:10 AM
    Yep, read all about the fixes. Did everything I could to no avail. My OS is .138 and has been since I got it, so the fix doesn't apply to my phone. It was just weird how it all happened on one day. I don't think that we all had the same carriers, but I was just wondering if there was some sort of explanation other than the OS issue since that wasn't ever part of the issue with my phone at least.

thanks!
    12-17-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD