About 25 minutes ago, a circuit was cut and Sprint's SMS nationwide text messaging went down. Customers who attempt to send texts are getting a reply message that reads:

The message could not be delivered due to a network setup error. Please contact Customer Care. Error 2112.

They're saying it will be back up within the hour, but that remains to be seen.
    12-16-09 11:42 PM
    bummer, gotta love sprint
    12-16-09 11:49 PM
    I'm getting that problem too. I'm in Southern California by the way.
    12-16-09 11:50 PM
    I've got sprint and its working fine in New Jersey thx for the update though
    Well, here in Chicago my SMS is still down, and a buddy in California is also down. Must be something about NJ.
    12-16-09 11:50 PM
    i am down also. i am in the bay area. i got the same message as op......
    12-17-09 12:06 AM
    Down still here in northen california.
    I didn't even realized that there was an outage until a friend asked me if I could send text

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 12:26 AM
    currently down in northern CA, but not for everyone.
    I can not send SMS from my berry, but my son is not having any problems at all now.

and i can say that according to sprints call center recording, there is currently a 20 minute wait for calls right now... which is UP from the 13 minutes it estimated when i first called...
    12-17-09 12:46 AM
    im back up at this point.
    hopefully its corrected now
    12-17-09 01:09 AM
    Looks like the POS is back up again!
    12-17-09 03:28 AM
    Yea Mine was out in Central Florida, but I never got that reply back from sprint. All I got was messages that where sent to me about 12 hours earlier and they all dumped on my at once.
    12-17-09 07:16 AM
    The call center will likely be jammed today, there's a nationwide RIM Mail issue (not working) so good luck getting through!
    12-17-09 07:51 AM
    Due to the outage last night, I called Sprint CS and the tech was super helpful. I had mentioned that I had a few glitches with my phone last week, and proceeded to ask what I was having problems with, and if they were still happening... basically asking me for an update. He was nice, helpful, quick and even though I had to wait a few minutes through the automated system he was very knowledgable about what was going on. I've never had Sprint reps tell me different stories, so yes; I defend Sprint to the maximum, and I defend Blackberry as well.

Couldn't be happier, I even had a Sprint rep tell me she's excited for the Tour2 (Essex). Great minds think alike !!!
    12-17-09 11:02 AM
    My Sprint SMS is working fine all morning in South Texas.
    12-17-09 11:04 AM
    My service is back up but all text messeges and emails from last night when it was down did not come through...
    12-17-09 11:06 AM
    All texts working fine in kansas city area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD