So guys, what's the Telus formula for the ETF?

Is it $20 per month remaining on the contract?

Is there a minimum or a maximum?
    12-16-09 07:53 PM
    i believe its 20buck for every month u have left. I'm just curious why you're terminating your contract?
    12-16-09 08:04 PM
    I'm trying to do a cost benefit analysis of switching carriers.
    12-16-09 08:14 PM
    whats the max ? i would also like to know. This Wind business has me interested... No contract sounds good to me ...
    12-16-09 10:23 PM
    That's my question. When I was with Rogers years ago, it was $20/month max 200. That's why I'm asking. Does Telus have a mas?
    12-16-09 10:29 PM
    No, Telus does not have a cap. It's $20/month for every month you have remaining in your contract.

I have heard that there's a minimum of $100 if you are under 5 months left in your contract, but don't quote me on that.
    12-16-09 10:39 PM
    "Rogers and Bell both charge consumers the greater of $100 or $20 for each month left in the contract, capped at $400, to get out of their contracts. Telus charges customers $20 per month to abandon their contracts though there is no maximum. Virgin Mobile penalizes customers with time remaining on their contracts at a rate of $10 per month."

CBC News - Consumer Life - Early-termination fees: Taking the bite out of consumers' bark
    12-16-09 11:44 PM
    Plus on telus if you have been on a smartphone contract for less than a year you get charged an extra 100 dollars for canceling the blackberry plan early... I got a promo priced phone on a three year contract however.
    12-19-09 01:49 PM
    Considering how much you saved upfront on the retail price for the phone, you're more or less just paying full price for the phone. It's tough love, but I'm actually thinking of paying out my term. As well, since you've got to consider you're saving NOT paying any more monthly services fees to Telus, you're free to start fresh wherever else. It's a tough call, but I'm actually thinking of going over to Rogers's HSPA network even though the cost is insanely higher.
    01-26-10 11:29 AM
    Do wha my brother did you tell them that you are out of work but you want to keep your line. But cannot possibly pay for there plan and ask to shut it down till you find employment what they will do is keep your line. But chrg you 5$ dollers a month the idea is that you will resume paying once your working again its sneaky but better then 20$ per month.I couldn't and believe that till I saw my brothers bill he just went to another provider to get the phone he wanted

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD