For starters the radio goes off & on at times, and wont come back on for hours. the port on the side broke off after two weeks so now i cant charge the phone at all (does anyone know anywhere on this site i can get info on getting that re-soldered on again). i was so excited to get a boostberry but it was short lived 2 1/2 weeks. Just needed to vent there is nothing like getting ripped off !!
    12-16-09 07:35 PM
    Also if anyone may know, is there any other way to charge that bb like a docking station etc etc , instead of using the usb port
    12-16-09 07:41 PM
    You should send your phone to Cell Phone Repair Center � Doctor Cell Phone � Committed to Customer Service and Quality they will be able to fix the port. Once fixed you can charge the phone with the usb also you should update the firmware it fixes the radio issue. I had the same problems. I got my port fixed and updated the phone and it works perfectly now... Also you can charge it with a dock other then the usb. If you want to pay $40 more for it... Its sold on crackberry here in the store...
    12-16-09 08:58 PM
    Thanks so much for the info !!!! is it pricey to repair that port
    Last edited by bkflatbushbaby; 12-16-09 at 09:12 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    12-16-09 09:07 PM
    hey man sorry to hear about your charging port on your 8350i i had the same problem and i tried some people on ebay and it worked out great they did my in 4 days.give your email and ill send you the link i cant post it here it wont let me. good luck brother. they are 100% good at what they do.

Angel Martinez
    12-17-09 03:05 AM
    You can get a charging doc on Ebay for less than $20.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 06:01 AM
    Thanks so much for the info !!!! is it pricey to repair that port
    It only cost me $50 to repair. Its the cheapest around. Other places charge almost $70 to $80 bucks...

It took two weeks for the repair. Well it took a week to get to them and a week to get back. But it was fedex ground. Unless you live in Texas it would get there a ton faster...
    12-17-09 08:40 AM
    try bringing it to sprint repair store and see if warrenty will cover it. you could aslo try those new charing matts they have. you just pair your phone to it and lay it on it
    12-18-09 08:26 AM
    Sprint wont touch it because its on Boost Mobile and not on Nextel. Boost doesn't support it so they wont fix it either. BlackBerry will not touch it because again its not on Nextel. The only option for repair is a third party. Like the link I posted before.

I've been through all this with my own 8350i... It was a pain to get it fixed but it works fine now.

Oh and as for a charging mat... They have to support a specific model of BlackBerry and is more expensive then a charging pod you can get.
    12-18-09 09:43 AM
    Powermat claims to support the 8350i with a compatible battery door. Unfortunately it's $30 for just the door and you still need the mat.
    12-18-09 11:35 AM
    Got a charging dock from Amazon for under $13 delivered. Just search and make sure it's for the 8350i. It's the exact same as the $30 and $40 ones.
    12-18-09 11:34 PM
    For 100 bucks u can get a new one from the insurance company if u have insurance on it u get in 2 days.
    12-20-09 02:24 PM
    My wife bought mine from a local seller off of Craigslist for $200. Since I'm on Boost I pray mine keeps on working
    12-20-09 02:54 PM
    My wife and I both have the 8350i and have ordered several cases, charging pods, etc..off of sites on Amazon and could not be more please with the prices. We got two charging pods for less than $10 bucks. As for apps, Crackberry is the only way to as I have a lot of them.

Papa
    12-23-09 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD