So I've been having issues with the send key on my Storm2 for awhile now and actually exchanged the phone twice already. The first time it was the end and back buttons that didn't work and now it's the send key. I went back to Verizon last night and when I finally got waited on, the sales rep immediately asked me where I got my case. I said online. He told me that my case is causing the problem with my screen! Since it is not a Verizon case, it was not made specifically for my phone. He wouldn't even press my send key to see what I was talking about! He just kept insisting that it was my case! Its just a hard black soft-touch black snap on case! So I got really mad and he started getting an attitude and then proceeded to look in my email box and said I have way too many emails so that could also be causing the problem (I counted and I had 19 emails in my email box....!) On my old Curve 8330 I had 1,000 at a time and it worked fine! He said I need to delete them every day because they could be affecting the phone performance and therefore the keypad! I just never heard of such a thing in my life. The problem is on the inside of the phone, not the outside and has NOTHING to do with a case!
    12-16-09 03:03 PM
    Yeah I have heard of cases causing screen problems. A lot of people have concluded their cases cause all kinds of problems with their screens.

People have found that if you take em off, then screen will get better.

The case can be pushing on the phone in a certain way and end up causing it to not move properly, and cases can also change the conductance of the screen.
    12-16-09 03:08 PM
    theoretically it could be the case. It's the same idea with people having issues with the bottom button when you have the phone flat on a table. (Apparently this was fixed in the latest leak, but i still have the problem. Just not as much).

The table issue can be solved by placing a finger on side of the phone where the battery door is . As long as part of you is touching that the bottom buttons will work fine. It works in your hand find since you're probably touching the back of the phone. Since the case covers the phone the you're not "completing the circuit" and it makes it harder to press those buttons.

Why it doesnt' happen with the rest of the screen is beyond me...
    12-16-09 03:09 PM
    The email crap isn't true. While I have seen people who refused to delete messages have phones that are slow, this definitely isn't a Storm 2 problem. The case on the other hand, could be a problem. I say could because sometimes I have the issues you are describing with my OB defender case. As I understand it, the leaked OS 5.0.0.428 makes the screen more sensitive all over, and makes the buttons respond better, especially when the phone is in a case. Hopefully, I will have time to install the leaked OS to my phone tonight. I suspect the next OS update from Verizon will alleviate some of these issues. I don't think it is a hardware one, from what I read on here, it seems to be more of a software/OS problem.
    12-16-09 03:10 PM
    My bottom buttons work MUCH better when I take off the case. The Verizon guy is TOTALLY full of s**t. I bought a hard case from Verizon when I bought my phone. It was so tight I could hardly snap it together around the phone, and it definitely affected the bottom buttons. I have a super-cheap aftermarket snap together case now, and it is markedly better, although it still affects the bottom buttons. And that BS about your email box is total CRAP!!!!!
    12-16-09 03:44 PM
    Oh yeah the email is not true at all.. I have about 800 emails in one account, and probably another 500 in another, and I have no problems at all... I dont ever have to do a battery pull, and its not slow either.
    12-16-09 03:46 PM
    So I've been having issues with the send key on my Storm2 for awhile now and actually exchanged the phone twice already. The first time it was the end and back buttons that didn't work and now it's the send key. I went back to Verizon last night and when I finally got waited on, the sales rep immediately asked me where I got my case. I said online. He told me that my case is causing the problem with my screen! Since it is not a Verizon case, it was not made specifically for my phone. He wouldn't even press my send key to see what I was talking about! He just kept insisting that it was my case! Its just a hard black soft-touch black snap on case! So I got really mad and he started getting an attitude and then proceeded to look in my email box and said I have way too many emails so that could also be causing the problem (I counted and I had 19 emails in my email box....!) On my old Curve 8330 I had 1,000 at a time and it worked fine! He said I need to delete them every day because they could be affecting the phone performance and therefore the keypad! I just never heard of such a thing in my life. The problem is on the inside of the phone, not the outside and has NOTHING to do with a case!
    I had some minor issue with the bottom keys before I put on a case, after I put on my Ottercase the problem got worse. However that all went away after I did the OS update to 5.0.0.428. So the key issue could be fixed with OS update and nothing to do with email and case.
    12-16-09 04:31 PM
    The OS update fixed my bottom button problem too.
    12-16-09 07:06 PM
    This why I prefer a silicone case. I even got my own custom storm 1 case that I .modified to fit my s2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 07:16 PM
    It is generally true that putting physical pressure on the unit can cause controls to activate seemingly on their own. I have one of those windshield mounts in my car and when I "squeeze" the 9550 closing the mount on it to hold the phone in place, the screen lights up as if I'd pressed it. I'd guess that various controls can be similarly affected. Cases of various kinds cause similar pressure if they're tight fitting.

Bob
    12-16-09 08:34 PM
    I actually thought it was just in my head. I have only had problems pushing my screen down on very rare occasion, but when I did it seemed to correlate to when I used an aftermarket rubber case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD