I currently have a Curve 8330 and an old iPod mini. I am up for a phone upgrade and my iPod needs to be replaced. I am debating getting either (a) the Storm2 with 32GB sd card, or (b) the Tour + an iPod touch 32 GB.

- The iPod touch is obviously great for multimedia... is the Storm2 comparible?
    - How does the Storm2 compare to the Tour for phone/email/calendar/contacts?

Any input or suggestions? Not sure if it would be a pain to carry around two devices, but I don't want to settle on something that doesn't handle multimedia as well as an iPod. Is there anything else I should take into consideration?

Thanks

(I created another thread in the Storm2 section, but thought it might be better suited here for general discussion to get feedback from non-Storm users that may be doing the 2 device approach....)
    12-16-09 05:53 AM
    If I were you I would wait for the Essex (aka the Tour 2 aka 9650)...and yes get an IPod Touch...that is the ultimate handheld gadget...it is a must have and it will compliment any phone you get....
    12-16-09 06:17 AM
    As for what else you should consider, you should consider the availability (or lack thereof) of the 32GB microSD you speak of. Such a card has been discussed and has been planned for release for more than a year now. As of yet, no such card is on the market. When it does hit the market, I'd expect an early $150 price tag, at least.
    12-16-09 06:19 AM
    another suggestion for you....if it were me I wouldn't go with two fully touch screen devices...trust me you will get sick of it...the ipod touches screen works much better than the storms any ways, and the tour/essex keyboard is superb...
    12-16-09 06:22 AM
    I have a storm 2, and I use that for my "ipod." Here is the deal tho, I hate carrying a phone and a MM device such as an ipod. I'm prone to lose one, but thats just me. There is no such thing as a 32gb sdcard currently, but it doesn't come with a 16gb card. Worst case senario you could buy an extra card and swap out when you need. But I mean the storm has wifi just like the itouch, and you combine that wifi with an Opera Mini browser you will be completely satisfied. THe storm2 has a MUCH MUCH better click screen than the storm1 and makes typing and navigating much easier. I have sit on ebay watching itouch's go off looking for a steal only to realize that my storm2 is completely sufficient for everything I need. What it comes down to is a personal opinion... and I chose storm2..GOOD LUCK!!
    12-16-09 06:53 AM
    If I were you I would wait for the Essex (aka the Tour 2 aka 9650)...and yes get an IPod Touch...that is the ultimate handheld gadget...it is a must have and it will compliment any phone you get....
    When is the Essex/Tour2 expected to be released? Will it be available for Verizon?
    Last edited by bcfallar; 12-16-09 at 07:43 AM. Reason: I found the thread for the Essex/Tour2 release date... sorry, should've searched before I asked
    12-16-09 07:34 AM
    As for what else you should consider, you should consider the availability (or lack thereof) of the 32GB microSD you speak of. Such a card has been discussed and has been planned for release for more than a year now. As of yet, no such card is on the market. When it does hit the market, I'd expect an early $150 price tag, at least.
    Thanks for the feedback... good to know that the 32GB microSD isn't yet available... I had it confused with regular SD.
    12-16-09 07:36 AM
    When is the Essex/Tour2 expected to be released? Will it be available for Verizon?
    i'm not sure man look on the news feed page...but honestly man i think that would be you best bet...
    12-16-09 08:05 AM
    I'm running with a Bold and iTouch 16GB.

At first I loved all the touch screen features/apps of the iTouch but for the last 3 months it's been solely used as an mp3 player. Yes the BB's do have media payers but they just aren't the same as the quality (imo) that the iPod touch gives you.

I don't mind having two devices to carry around, one for either pocket, have yet to misplace either.

I feel that a touch screen BB would also soon become a bit frustrating and novelty-esque in terms of usage.
    12-16-09 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD