Has anyone upgraded their BBM yet? I was going to do it but a friend of mine lost all her BBM contacts when she upgraded. Also.. she lost her spell check.

Just want some feedback on whoever downloaded the upgrade if there was any problems getting on the Tour and any issues with BBM itself. Oh.. and what the change are with the upgrade.

Thanks
    12-15-09 02:34 PM
    I haven't had any problems. It's a much richer application with more options. You can also have chat groups with other BB users, sharing events, pictures, and whatever else you want. I'd highly recommend it.
    12-15-09 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the response.
    Which brings me to a question I forgot to ask..

I have some Groups now... will the upgrade autmatically get me back in the group or do I have to be re-invited?

I ask because when I upgraded to OS .61 and then upgraded the BBM after that, I didn't have any of my groups. I had my contacts, but had to be re-invited to the groups. I event lost the group I created.
    12-15-09 02:44 PM
    I upgraded and everything is working fine. Haven't noticed the changes, except it runs smoother & richer. Plus pictures work better now inside BBM.
    12-15-09 02:45 PM
    yeah its no real visible changes.....all under the skin.
    12-15-09 02:45 PM
    I havent noticed any problems, all my contacts and groups are as they were.
    Runs so much faster and smoother, spellcheck is fine too.
    12-15-09 02:54 PM
    Just make sure you backup ur contacts via BlackBerry and Desktop Manager and you'll be fine. I didnt have to reload anything, but backed up just in case.

As far as changes from the last BBM, from what I notice:
    1) Text on statuses is smaller, I guess so you can see more of it without having to look at the contact's profile
    2) Maybe a few changes in options

Other than that, nothing has changed (I dont do the "groups" thing, so I couldnt tell you if they made any option changes with that or not). Any upgrade is worth the upgrade in my opinion. Why play Madden 2009 when Madden 10 is out...doesnt register for me. Hop on that upgrade.
    12-15-09 02:54 PM
    i upgraded and still have all my contacts and groups . . . honestly don't notice any differences, but then again, I haven't had a chance to sit down and examine it closely.
    12-15-09 04:17 PM
    Another noticeable change: when you click to end a conversation, another box pops up prompting you to decided again whether you would like to end the conversation or not. Before, once you click end, the conversation ends, no room for error on your part.

I really appreciate this feature, but would appreciate it more on the Facebook app when "liking" someone's status. Once before, I clicked to "like" someone's status by mistake, actually intending to click on something else. Luckily it was a status that I could relate to and agree with, otherwise I would have looked like a fool!
    12-15-09 04:29 PM
    Another noticeable change: when you click to end a conversation, another box pops up prompting you to decided again whether you would like to end the conversation or not. Before, once you click end, the conversation ends, no room for error on your part.
    I use the DELETE button to end conversations and the prompts have always come up, even in the pre-BBM 5.0 versions.
    12-15-09 04:38 PM
    I use the DELETE button to end conversations and the prompts have always come up, even in the pre-BBM 5.0 versions.
    Oh yea? Well it wasn't like that for "end conversation" before this update. I've always used "end conversation" and was never prompted to confirm my decision.
    12-15-09 04:42 PM
    ok so i look around a lil looking for an answer... i dl the new bbm and my display pic is still not coming up on my friends bbm....
    12-15-09 05:35 PM
    I like the fact that you don't have to actually download a picture or voice note
    and instead open it right away without saving it!!!!!
    12-15-09 05:55 PM
    Everything works fine..I was tripping when I didn't see any of my contacts but the backup option cleared up that issue

The only problem I had was d/ling it cuz I used BB App world which I'm sure as everyone knows is slower than slow..two battery pulls didn't do jack sh*t lol so I decided to use the link on crackberry home page & it d/led on the 1st try woot woot..honestly BB App world is a joke

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 06:49 PM
    I downloaded 5.5 and now it says i have 15 unread BBMS! But i don't i even re downloaded it and it wont go away :-( Anyone know how to fix this
    12-15-09 07:02 PM
    does anyone know how to reactivate the spell check feature on this new bbm, its really aggravating going from having it to it being gone. And it works in my texts and email just not in bbm.
    12-15-09 07:14 PM
    I downloaded 5.5 and now it says i have 15 unread BBMS! But i don't i even re downloaded it and it wont go away :-( Anyone know how to fix this
    i would suggest deleting bbm altogether and re-installing to ur bb...of course be sure to do a backup before doing that.
    this happened to me before and wen i deleted and re-installed it was fine...a lil annoying to have to go thru that, but it worked
    12-15-09 07:15 PM
    There are many members complaining about this all across the boards. RIM is on these forums more than you think, they will fix it...
    12-15-09 07:20 PM
    i just read that this new version of bbm 5.0 will have spell check only on OS 5.0 is that true anybody with 4.7... have this new bbm and spell check?
    12-15-09 07:36 PM
    i just read that this new version of bbm 5.0 will have spell check only on OS 5.0 is that true anybody with 4.7... have this new bbm and spell check?
    i will verify that for you in a sec. seeing Im downgrading back down to 4.7
    12-15-09 07:38 PM
    1) Text on statuses is smaller, I guess so you can see more of it without having to look at the contact's profile
    I like this update.
    12-15-09 07:40 PM
    bbm updates only work on OS5?
    12-15-09 07:44 PM
    i will verify that for you in a sec. seeing Im downgrading back down to 4.7
    thanks i think if it doesnt work on 4.7 for everyone it will be the kick i need to finally go to OS 5.0
    12-15-09 07:49 PM
    does anyone know how to reactivate the spell check feature on this new bbm, its really aggravating going from having it to it being gone. And it works in my texts and email just not in bbm.
    It's not working for me on 4.7 Tour. However, I have reports of 8900 on tmobile that have spell check, while others don't... strange...
    12-15-09 08:16 PM
    Does this .55 give you the option to group updates to single people?? .54 does on my S2 but Im getting a Tour tomorrow and updating everything.
    12-15-09 08:29 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD