I'm planning on getting the 8530 for Christmas and I am all for it but there are 2 complaints I've heard the most about and that is the battery life and how it doesn't last and then also, does the keyboard feel cheap? I've heard people say as if it's like a plastic toy..
    12-15-09 01:33 PM
    My battery usually holds for 3-4 days on .411 leaked OS.

I have no complaints about the Black 8520 keyboard.
    People usually complain about being unable to see the White 8520 keyboard.

It's make of plastic, so it can only feel like plastic, but IMHO it's far from feeling like a toy. Maybe it's because it is that light. But surely not toy-like.
    12-15-09 02:44 PM
    Thank you
    12-15-09 02:52 PM
    I bought the 8530 about a week ago and I have found nothing to complain about with it so far keyboard is solid to me, no issues with the buttons or anything and the battery life really depends on the user
    12-15-09 03:29 PM
    8530 keyboard is fine on mine, heavy use for nearly a month now.
    It is smaller than other berries like the 8330 curve, but is fine...

Battery life is not great. More memory, faster processor are the reasons I'm chalking it up to.
    12-15-09 03:29 PM
    keyboard feels very cheap, but it works. Big difference from the 9700 Bold. Then again, so are the price tags.
    It could do with a bit more comfortable keyboard, but it's still much better than a touchscreen, IMO. Beats an iPhone by far.
    Battery life... mine holds up for a day, sometimes half with extensive use.............
    12-15-09 03:35 PM
    i prefer the spacing of my previous 8330 keyboard. the 8530 is a little tighter not as wide. the phone itself and the 5.0 os is killer.
    12-15-09 03:50 PM
    I get 3 to four days per charge, and coming from a 8220, I'll take this keyboard over the pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 03:58 PM
    keyboard feels very cheap, but it works. Big difference from the 9700 Bold. Then again, so are the price tags.
    It could do with a bit more comfortable keyboard, but it's still much better than a touchscreen, IMO. Beats an iPhone by far.
    Battery life... mine holds up for a day, sometimes half with extensive use.............
    Gotta laugh at this one!
    Even thou he is not exactly happy about the 8520, it still beats the iPhone.
    The funniest thing.. I do tend to agree to the latter.
    12-15-09 04:17 PM
    Got it since yesterday as replacement of my dead Bold 9000. Totally love the 8520, I miss 3G and GPS but if that ain't an issue for you....just go for it

Keyboard feels okay....feels like plastic, but okay
    12-15-09 04:44 PM
    Got it since yesterday as replacement of my dead Bold 9000. Totally love the 8520, I miss 3G and GPS but if that ain't an issue for you....just go for it

Keyboard feels okay....feels like plastic, but okay
    Keeping in mind the OP said she's getting the 8530, she'll have the 3G and gps.
    12-15-09 05:12 PM
    I've had my 85xx for a month now, and it took me a day to get used to the keyboard. After about a week, you'll be used to it. And the battery is fine as long as you put it in sleep/standby. I'm a UMA user, so having the WiFi and the Rogers Mobile Network running constantly is a drain. Still, I see about 2 full days with a decent amount of use before a charge is needed.
    12-15-09 06:20 PM
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate all of the comments! Does everyone like the trackpad better than the trackball?
    12-17-09 01:34 PM
    For sure like the trackpad, this is my first BB so I don't know about previous trackball's, but it's better than the one on my sidekick I had. I do find the keyboard to feel cheap, but it does work well. It kinda slides on the device, but not a huge issue. I have no problems with my battery life. I use it a lot for many applications, and it lasts all day and halfway through the night.
    12-17-09 01:48 PM
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate all of the comments! Does everyone like the trackpad better than the trackball?
    YES!! no dust, no grease, no pimple on the berry

Used trackball berries from collegues a few times. They tried my paddy a few times and like it better too.
    12-17-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD