Title says it all, anyone else on the same boat? After my third 9700 and still having quality problems with all three, I spent 3 hours on the phone with rogers and got them to switch me for the 3GS instead.

Honestly disappointed with the 9700, I dunno how everyone feels about their phones.
    12-15-09 11:25 AM
    some people are lucky, some people are not.
    Enjoy your iPhone.
    12-15-09 11:36 AM
    some people are lucky, some people are not.
    Enjoy your iPhone.
    That's true but this guy went through 3 devices, 3. The probability that all 3 are truly bad or have some QC issue is astronomical in todays maufacturing.

What is comes down to is the op is just to annal. And I don't even know why I waste time responding to threads like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ThePoisonBerry; 12-15-09 at 11:47 AM.
    12-15-09 11:40 AM
    That's true but this guy went through 3 devices, 3. The probabaly that all 3 are truly bad or have some QC issue is astronomical in todays maufacturing.

What is comes down to is the op is just to annal. And I don't even know why I waste time reponding to threads like this.
    LOL, me neither but I will do so anyway.

To the OP, I am very happy with mine. I never wanted an iPhone, I chose Treo 750 over the iPhone, the Treo Pro over the iPhone 3G, and the 9700 over the iPhone 3Gs, and all three times made the right choice.

To each his/her own, I hope you will be happy with your iPhone.
    12-15-09 11:47 AM
    WERID.. i love the 9700 esp with the .415 os my battery life has almost doubled. .. my wife sold her 9700 cause she wanted a change as she has always had bb and she still has a 8900.. so she got the iphone.. shes about to throw it up against the wall.. steve jobs give no flexablity on how to handle things and its kinda sad.. but to each their own
    12-15-09 11:48 AM
    I thought I wanted an iPhone 3GS....well...I'm guessing again! On my way to get a TMo 9700 this evening. Battery life sucks, and I get no coverage at my house (not AT&T's problem, but I just thought I'd vent).
    12-15-09 12:09 PM
    WERID.. i love the 9700 esp with the .415 os my battery life has almost doubled. ..
    agreed. My 9700 is the best cell phone I have ever used. I own a 3rd gen iPod touch and while I like certain features, I am super glad it is not my phone. I have had to restore my iPod 3 times already because of glitches. My 9700 with .415 has been awesome. No issues whatsoever. I am still freaked out by how long my battery lasts. It is even better than my 8900 by a couple of days. I mean what the **** did you guys do to this thing? Keep up the great work RIM.
    12-15-09 12:12 PM
    That's true but this guy went through 3 devices, 3. The probability that all 3 are truly bad or have some QC issue is astronomical in todays maufacturing.

What is comes down to is the op is just to annal. And I don't even know why I waste time responding to threads like this.

I agree, anyone who has gone through more than two devices for any reason has problems with themselves and not the devices they purchased.

Last edited by JD914; 12-15-09 at 12:39 PM.
    12-15-09 12:37 PM
    Wife also have a 3GS and she loves it. This is my i think 5th Blackberry and to me it's the best yet. I see all the issues with build quality and yet mine is perfect and as a matter as a fact so is my son's who got his 9700 as an early xmas gift.
    12-15-09 12:39 PM
    I had the original 8g iPhone, loved it, but got bored of it. Texting sucks in my opinion...and I do A LOT.

I love my 9700. I was in the same boat as you, this is my 5th, but got to go the store and replace them...finally found a good one! This is my favorite phone EVER! Well...pretty much my favorite tech item EVER!
    12-15-09 12:42 PM
    Like i said it took me over 4 tries and almost gave up but Im happy with my 9700. Its all about where they were made and perhaps this is something RIM is taking into consideration. especially when it comes to Build quality. I mean compared to the Blackberry. iphone is kind of a tank.
    12-15-09 12:45 PM
    Where is the best place for them to be made ?
    12-15-09 01:27 PM
    Flame thread
    12-15-09 01:57 PM
    Flame thread
    +1
    12-15-09 02:41 PM
    Where is the best place for them to be made ?
    It really does'nt matter, its the luck of the draw...If I had a huge chunk of cash to plunk down on one I would probably get a European one, but then it would be more hassle to return it if something went wrong. Mine's from Walmart and I have never had a return problem on anything when dealing with them or AT&T for that matter. Once the selection tab moves when I scroll with the trackpad so that I can select an Icon... I really don't care if the trackpad is leaning or any other issue unless it is major like not being able to get my business e-mail or being able to make a phone call! Mine is not bleeding or there are no huge light issues or any big separations between the keys and the screen...My trackpad might be leaning a slight bit though but who cares. Sometimes when we return things for little issues you usually end up getting something that's worse and I personally don't have the time for any of that nonsense.
    12-15-09 05:07 PM
    Ahem.....to the OP........Boooooooooooooo there I feel better.
    12-15-09 05:16 PM
    Why are you guys bashing on the OP?

I had to return my 666 times. Probably the work of the devil. Time to go to church on a weekly basis.
    12-15-09 05:43 PM
    Why are you guys bashing on the OP?

I had to return my 666 times. Probably the work of the devil. Time to go to church on a weekly basis.
    That is just wrong
    12-15-09 08:17 PM
    I recently sold my 3g and upgraded to my first BB, a 9700 and am never looking back. The iphone novelty wore off very quickly for me. You cant multi task, you cant open word or PP documents, your apps arent instant push, your facebook dosent sync info and pictures with all of your contacts seamlessly, you cant customize the interface, i could go on and on and on. iphone is great for a lot of things and I go back when they release the next one, we shall see, but for now I love my 9700 : )
    12-15-09 08:25 PM
    To the OP - Sorry that you had issues with yours i love mine.

This is a general statement... i am tired of reading "I hate my BB going to a Iphone..." if you want to go to a Iphone then great just go get one and be happy why must there be 1000 threads saying this.. I personally have both and personally feel the Iphone isnt that big deal....

Whew.. there I feel better now....
    12-15-09 08:25 PM
    cant wait to get mine and start complaining like OP hehehe... dont be so anal about your electronic devices!
    12-15-09 08:54 PM
    id take the 9700 over a iPhone any day of the week which is what I did
    12-15-09 08:59 PM
    i made the same switch for the same reason and am VERY pleased with my 3gs
    12-15-09 08:59 PM
    Seriously? I have had a number of Blackberries over time and with different carriers and can honestly say I've never had any problems right out of the box with one. I've only had one that really even had any issues and that was over time. I don't know about everyone else feels but I think the time has come for people to STOP the darn whining and either get another phone or move onto something else. Enough already!
    12-15-09 09:07 PM
    Title says it all, anyone else on the same boat? After my third 9700 and still having quality problems with all three, I spent 3 hours on the phone with rogers and got them to switch me for the 3GS instead.

Honestly disappointed with the 9700, I dunno how everyone feels about their phones.
    Sayonara, have fun and hope you dont flood iphone forums with ur glitches
    12-15-09 09:13 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD