Ever since I updated my os after doing the facebook update a lot of peoples profile pics show a ripped looking picture type icon. Anyone else ever get this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 06:45 AM
    What do you mean by "ripped looking picture"??? I upgraded to .411 and Facebook looks and works just fine on this OS version.
    12-15-09 06:52 AM
    I also get the annoying "ripped profile pictures" of my fb friends... We need a fix.

12-15-09 07:09 AM
    Yes, it's sorta like a broken link as you would see in an old jpeg image uploaded on the internet. I got the same thing.
    12-15-09 07:24 AM
    Yes, it's sorta like a broken link as you would see in an old jpeg image uploaded on the internet. I got the same thing.
    Where's the link to the new .411 version?

12-15-09 08:12 AM
    Where's the link to the new .411 version?

Exactly where it should be found.... in the BETS OS Forum
    12-15-09 08:41 AM
    i too am having the same issue... why?
    12-15-09 09:17 AM
    I don't know if this was the cure or not, but it's working for me now. I have the bb curve 8330. I upgraded my o.s. on the bb to 4.5.0.169. after everything installed, I shut down, took the battery out, rebooted and about 10 mins later my profile pic was there. NOw, I don't know if that upgrading the o.s. worked or if the facebook app got corrected on it's own, but I had to share.
    12-15-09 07:45 PM
    I have the new V5 OS and everything seems to be working fine for me
    12-15-09 08:16 PM
    I have a S1 running the official OS 5 and I too have ripped pics of my FB friends... not all of them either, started a day or two ago...I have been through all my settings and all seems OK. Weird...
    12-15-09 08:19 PM
    I have 0.411. Some pictures are fine. Some are broken.
    12-15-09 09:19 PM
    Yes I have the same problem, but I didn't install anything, it started when I changed
    my profile pic.
    I got the same icon, like a broken jpg file or something. I know its the app because
    it shows up just fine
    on the website.
    Then I it started to happen to other peoples pics. the weird thing is it only affects the
    profile pic. all the other pics show up fine
    Its just when I try to set them as aprofile pic. At least I know it isn't just me.

12-16-09 08:14 AM
    Yes I have the same problem, but I didn't install anything, it started when I changed
    my profile pic.
    I got the same icon, like a broken jpg file or something. I know its the app because
    it shows up just fine
    on the website.
    Then I it started to happen to other peoples pics. the weird thing is it only affects the
    profile pic. all the other pics show up fine
    Its just when I try to set them as aprofile pic. At least I know it isn't just me.
    I have an ATT BB Bold 9000

12-16-09 08:14 AM
    I also have the same problem as everyone else here, except it's just in some profiles and not in all of them. If anyone finds a solution please post it
    12-16-09 06:48 PM
    im pretty sure it has to do with facbooks new security settings. when you log in on the computer, theres a popup concerning the user needing to choose new settings. i think some people have it set up a certain way where it blocks out user pics. so its nothing wrong with your phone, FB app or anything else. just the security settings the users chose when setting up the new security stuff on their PC.
    12-16-09 09:55 PM
    the same thing has been happening with my profile pic on my BB Curve for over a week..now i'm noticing that some of my friend's pics are also showing with a broken line through them. It all started when i updated my security settings. If anyone figures out a solution please post. Thanks.
    12-17-09 09:33 AM
    im pretty sure it has to do with facbooks new security settings. when you log in on the computer, theres a popup concerning the user needing to choose new settings. i think some people have it set up a certain way where it blocks out user pics. so its nothing wrong with your phone, FB app or anything else. just the security settings the users chose when setting up the new security stuff on their PC.
    This seems most likely the problem. I hadn't been having a problem with it at all until I read this thread. Since I don't often use the actual program (I usually just do everything through the website) I hadn't been on it in a few days, and I do remember having to look at my security settings. So who knows. I know I didn't do any software changes, so it doesn't seem like a software issue.
    12-17-09 05:18 PM
    The problem is the facebook settings, I fooled with them but its strange,
    the changes took
    Several days to take effect. All the pics show up fine now.

12-27-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD