Dears;

I have upgrade my storm 2 to the new O.S Leaked .428 , i have recieved many SMS's from my contacts , but all SMS's recieved under one name of my contacts , EX: Shadi sent to me sms , then John send another , both messages appears under shadi name also i have modified the conutry code to show the name of sender

Please I Need your advise ASAP.

Thanks;

12-15-09 04:17 AM
    try a battery pull
    12-15-09 04:40 AM
    it dosent work
    12-15-09 04:47 AM
    Yes - same problem with mine. I had a several dozen SMS messages and after the upgrade, they are all merged under 2-3 contacts (almost random). Its totally weird

Dears;

I have upgrade my storm 2 to the new O.S Leaked .428 , i have recieved many SMS's from my contacts , but all SMS's recieved under one name of my contacts , EX: Shadi sent to me sms , then John send another , both messages appears under shadi name also i have modified the conutry code to show the name of sender

Please I Need your advise ASAP.

Thanks;

12-15-09 04:52 AM
    i need help because its a serious problem
    12-15-09 05:40 AM
    Delete all of your SMSes. Start fresh and it should work fine. Mine did that with other OSes.
    12-15-09 05:46 AM
    Its not working
    12-15-09 05:55 AM
    As in...what? When you delete all the SMSes and start fresh, it still does not work? I would wipe and reload bc you're one of the few with this problem.
    12-15-09 06:10 AM
    what is an SMSes?
    12-15-09 06:12 AM
    what do you mean by SMSes , DO you mean SMS ?

sorry , i cant get what u mean

can you clarify it for me
    12-15-09 06:14 AM
    also i need to notice you that when i am viewing a folder on my Messages , i can see it divded when i select SMS inbox , but in the main screen it dosent!! , theres no combained or separted option on this new leaked O.S .428
    12-15-09 06:26 AM
    also i need to notice you that when i am viewing a folder on my Messages , i can see it divded when i select SMS inbox , but in the main screen it dosent!! , theres no combained or separted option on this new leaked O.S .428
    Yes there is, you have to look in the folder options. It is there. Someone in the leak thread found it. You just have to look.

By SMSes I mean SMS but plural lol. Go to the top of the SMS folder and hit bb button, then "Delete Prior". It will delete all of your SMS messages and allow you to start fresh. That usually works.
    12-15-09 06:29 AM
    i would like to thank you for your support , but it dosent work i have delete the prior , also theres no option to combained or separate the messages & SMS
    12-15-09 06:39 AM
    As in...what? When you delete all the SMSes and start fresh, it still does not work? I would wipe and reload bc you're one of the few with this problem.
    Just did a wipe and the problem is still there with the SMSes. BTW, you can't send new messages properly either...they kind of auto-reply to one of the 3-4 threads already there. Its reeeeally screwed up - I have never seen this before :-(

I have also tried deleting all the messages and starting afresh - same problem.
    12-15-09 06:43 AM
    i didn't see the option to combine either and i searched pretty thoroughly. the sms issues is not affecting me everything is fine u really should do a wipe and reinstall
    12-15-09 06:47 AM
    This is the same problem with the leaked os for the 9520. Had to downgrade back to .341. I was wondering if they fixed it for the 9550. But I guess not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 06:52 AM
    Holding off on the upgrade because of this bug. This is a big one to me as I use SMS quite a bit for work and play.
    12-15-09 07:41 AM
    I was gonna say the same thing- 402 on the 9520 had this issue and I had to downgrade to 341. There were also other issues with 402, for example, my phone suddenly turned silent even though the profile was at General. A battery pull helped but I was ready to downgrade.

This is the same problem with the leaked os for the 9520. Had to downgrade back to .341. I was wondering if they fixed it for the 9550. But I guess not.

12-15-09 07:58 AM
    i would like to thank you for your support , but it dosent work i have delete the prior , also theres no option to combained or separate the messages & SMS
    i didn't see the option to combine either and i searched pretty thoroughly
    From user "theanswer3": Go to the messages box then press BB button options then inbox settings. You pick what you want to show up in messages folder.
    12-15-09 08:07 AM
    Has anyone noticed that this bug is on non-American carriers? i.e. two from Etisalat and one from Orange. Seems to be a very rare issue and so far from what I can see, this bug has not effected anyone on an American carrier or Telus for that matter either.

Maybe it is a carrier problem?
    12-15-09 08:13 AM
    Has anyone noticed that this bug is on non-American carriers? i.e. two from Etisalat and one from Orange. Seems to be a very rare issue and so far from what I can see, this bug has not effected anyone on an American carrier or Telus for that matter either.

Maybe it is a carrier problem?
    Now that is an astute observation. I think you're right, this only happens with other carriers.
    12-15-09 08:16 AM
    No. I am on Verizon and I had a problem. But mine only involved one contact. I just went into my contacts, edited them to show the proper name, and the problem fixed itself. But I had to remove the contact from my BBmessenger contact list and then put it back in because I had it linked with my address book contact.

12-15-09 08:55 AM
    thats an interesting observation. i did notice that the sms tests i did on the leaked OS were from blackberry contacts linked to messenger. maybe thats why the new BB messenger updates have been leaking the past few days.
    12-15-09 09:04 AM
    is there any solution for this issue or shall i downgrade the version for the previous one ?

i really hate to downgrade but i need your kind support to solve this issue
    12-17-09 02:35 AM
    Well I would say if you have tried a complete wipe and reinstall and that didn't help, then you should downgrade because I don't think that there will be a solution for it.

I personally have not had any problems with the leak at all...

12-17-09 02:42 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD