I am looking to block some particular phone numbers. I would prefer free apps over pay for but either will work.

I have found a few for the storm and curve, but not any free ones for the tour... any help would be appreciated.
    12-15-09 02:23 AM
    I'm pretty sure there should be a free feature from your carrier if you have verizon download the My Verizon app and go into features there should be a blocking feature you can activate.
    Last edited by redman213; 12-15-09 at 02:40 AM.
    12-15-09 02:38 AM
    theres one on the CB blog page?
    gotta link?
    12-15-09 02:40 AM
    I'm pretty sure there should be a free feature from your carrier if you have verizon download the My Verizon app and go into features there should be a blocking feature you can activate.

The block caller id, in my features is for blocking your number when you call other people. Is that what you are referring to?
    12-15-09 08:43 AM
    If you search "call block" in the 3rd party apps forum, you should find something..
    12-15-09 08:45 AM
    'AddOnis.' It is not free; I believe it is 6.95 or thereabouts. But it does a marvelous job. It gives you a 'Call Firewall' which affords you the option of 'whitelisting' or 'blacklisting' any contact or group of contacts. As you might have guessed, blacklisting a contact means that you will no longer have to worry about calls from them. Poof...bye bye, my dear ex. It also includes a host of other features, such as enabling your SMS signature, adding custom emoticons, etc. It prompts you after every call to indicate whether you would like to add any numbers not already in your address book as a contact. It also prompts you to blacklist or whitelist them after such calls. I highly recommend it.
    12-15-09 08:55 AM
    Cerberus seems to work and it is cheap.......
    12-15-09 09:03 AM
    I use Buzz Off. It is on sale right now for $3.99 (I think). I like it because it has a pickup/hangup feature so people can't get through at all. There are others that are similar. I do think the support for Buzz Off is great. I don't know about the others.

I saw you have Sprint. I know that Sprint and Verizon both have a place on their websites (when you log in) to block numbers from contacting your phone (for free). The advantage is that it will prevent someone from calling or texting you. The call blocker programs don't do that.
    12-15-09 09:29 AM
    theres a handfull of Apps in Blackberry world to choose from that block calls, but from what I remember, they all cost money and didnt really have that great of reviews.
    12-15-09 09:32 AM
    I settled with call block pro. There was a great thread in the 3rd party apps section. It had decent reviews and was only $3. And on my tour, for basic blocking features it was perfect.
    12-15-09 12:37 PM
    Ok i must admit ive tried three different apps for Call Blocking and all three didnt work the calls still came in

But i just recently downloaded Call Blocker Professional and trust me it was a joy to finally have a Call Blocking app that works

I came from a Palm Phone before getting a BB

And palm had a ton of good Call Blockers that would Block a Call without the phone even ringing

Now Call Blocker Professional will block the call, but as i have found out the phone will ring for half a second and then sends the caller to voicemail

I tried it by using my wife's number

I think you can find Call Blocker Professional in the App store

Hoped i helped
    12-15-09 12:54 PM
    I like Call Blocker Professional. It is not free, but works for me..
    12-15-09 01:47 PM
    12-15-09 01:54 PM
    You should be able to have your carrier do it for free...
    12-15-09 02:07 PM
    Try NumberCop USA....its free under BB App
    12-15-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD