Ok, here's what happened... I have a T-Mobile branded 8900 i was using my sim with no problems (t-mobile sim) until i decided to see how to unlock it... I did the mepd on the advanced options>sim card and put sixteen zeros now it doesn't accept any of the sim cards i put... i tried At&T several other T-Mobiles but only get "Invalid SIM" I flashed to the latest OS 5 and now when i turn it on it says "this sim card requires an unlock code blah, blah, blah" and it is a T-mobile sim on a t-mobile branded 8900 like i said earlier. Will putting the MEP code fix my situation?
    12-15-09 02:05 AM
    When put in your zeros, it would have said how many unlock tries you have left. if its zero, your screwed.
    12-15-09 05:56 PM
    You may have messed up the device. It sounds like it is bricked to recover the phone to normal look up how to unbrick a phone,I had a bricking problem before do to something else not unlocking a phone and I restored it. You should have bought a code from ebay or a website they usually guarentee the code given and how to do it. you may have also blocked sim cards on the device for working did you change your settings back the MEP?
    12-15-09 07:42 PM
    Check with the guys in the BB UNLOCKING forum. They should be able to help you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 09:29 PM
    Sounds like you need the PUK code for the T-Mo sim. Contact them to acquire one

12-15-09 10:58 PM
    You need the PUk code or another active sim and you should be fine.
    12-18-09 12:31 AM
    You need the PUk code or another active sim and you should be fine.
    hey! I just bought an unlock code from you guys... It accepted the code, but the device freezes and when i pull the battery it resets the network to active... I'm picking up another one T-Mo sent me this next Monday... I'll be buying another code i guess... lol
    12-19-09 04:51 AM
    Bumping this thread..because I've got the same problem.

Did a search and read this thread too : (I can't post links..so f)orums.crackberry.com/f100/8900-not-working-help-336133/#post3803497

Mine's kinda in the same boat. Got it from a friend, it's a T-Mobile one. It says invalid sim card.
    Now, we tried with my friend's AT&T sim card, wouldn't read it.
    Tried with a reg. T-Mobile Sim card, wouldn't read it.
    ALSO tried with a T-Mobile sim with data plan and stuff...but same thing.

So, we re-installed the OS and everything, but same problem.

Well, what my friend was told is that someone tried unlocking it, and I'm guessing used all 10 tries so it got bricked.

Today, I went to the Options > Advanced > Sim > MEPD > Mep2, and it told me to enter mepd code..WITH 10 LEFT.

Now my question is..if I put the unlock code then, will it work and fix the problem?
    And also, if I still have 10 left..how did it get bricked?!?!!
    03-28-10 04:04 PM
    Bumping this thread..because I've got the same problem.

Did a search and read this thread too : (I can't post links..so f)orums.crackberry.com/f100/8900-not-working-help-336133/#post3803497

Mine's kinda in the same boat. Got it from a friend, it's a T-Mobile one. It says invalid sim card.
    Now, we tried with my friend's AT&T sim card, wouldn't read it.
    Tried with a reg. T-Mobile Sim card, wouldn't read it.
    ALSO tried with a T-Mobile sim with data plan and stuff...but same thing.

So, we re-installed the OS and everything, but same problem.

Well, what my friend was told is that someone tried unlocking it, and I'm guessing used all 10 tries so it got bricked.

Today, I went to the Options > Advanced > Sim > MEPD > Mep2, and it told me to enter mepd code..WITH 10 LEFT.

Now my question is..if I put the unlock code then, will it work and fix the problem?
    And also, if I still have 10 left..how did it get bricked?!?!!
    Bricked means something totally different, it would then be hardlocked. It is a hardware issue.
    03-28-10 04:19 PM
    Bricked means something totally different, it would then be hardlocked. It is a hardware issue.
    So I have a hardware issue? Such as the phone does not read Sim cards?

So in this case...me buying an unlock code and unlocking it wouldn't really help then?
    03-28-10 04:26 PM
    This thread is talking about something entirely different then you are. if you are having sim card reading issues then you need to have it warranted it out.
    03-28-10 04:27 PM
    This thread is talking about something entirely different then you are. if you are having sim card reading issues then you need to have it warranted it out.
    Well, the thing is..Someone did try unlocking it before, and obviously messed up? I thought that's why it doesn't read any sim card, or says invalid simcard no matter which one it is.

That's why I was wondering wether unlocking it would fix it.
    03-28-10 04:40 PM
    If someone HAD tried before then it would display 10 attempts. It is not unlocked.
    03-28-10 04:47 PM
    If someone HAD tried before then it would display 10 attempts. It is not unlocked.
    well yeah. Do you think though, that unlocking it would help fix the Invalid Simcard problem..or do I simply need to call t-mobile for warranty and whatnot.
    03-28-10 04:53 PM
    If it doesn't even read the carrier sim card then you need to have it sent to warranty.

03-28-10 05:18 PM
    If it doesn't even read the carrier sim card then you need to have it sent to warranty.

Gotcha.
    Btw..because..well..it's not under warranty under T-mobile, Do you think local stores could fix the hardware problem?
    03-28-10 07:18 PM
    If it's a sim holder issue yes otherwise now.

03-28-10 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD