I have an 8530. I dl'd iheartradio...installed...then started it up. It works fine for a bit, then it gets a stuttering problem. Like when I'm listening to ESPN is sounds something like this..."today today tiger tiger woods woods made made a a statement statement on on his his web web site site." i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it....but same problem. It's happened on several other stations as well. It happens @ home over the wifi network as well as over the Verizon 3G network when I'm somewhere other than home. Anyone else having this problem on the 8530? Solutions? Other apps of the same variety you recommend? Thanks
    12-14-09 09:58 PM
    I have the 8530 on Verizon and the exact same problem! I'm so frustrated because this is the main application I wanted to have work when I switched from my iPhone to a blackberry. I'm contemplating going back to my iPhone, I think the 8530 is just too slow of a phone to handle the streaming. Thats my guess anyways.
    12-28-09 06:24 AM
    i had a Curve 8330m and this app worked fine, no buffering or stuttering (echo) ever.

Then moved to a Curve 8530 from US Cellular (same carrier) and it streams
    well for about 30 seconds, then buffers and comes back, but the stutter (echo)
    is present and gets worse.

Installed and uninstalled the one from the IHeartwebsite. Same issue.
    Turned off or uninstalled anything that could be using the Internet.
    No change.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

Ps, searching for older version to see if that works better.
    01-29-10 10:44 AM
    Tried the older version, same issue.

I see this on the Internet but have not seen any resolution for it or
    even a response..

Tim
    01-29-10 07:26 PM
    I've had my Blackberry Curve 8530 for almost two weeks now. One of the first things I did was download iheartradio and thought it was pretty good. Last week it worked pretty much flawlessly. Last Friday I screwed things up when I set the password on my BB and apparently what I thought I typed in for my password isn't what I actually typed in so a bunch of stuff got zapped - fortunately I didn't have very much on it. Anyhow, iheartradio worked fine last Sunday but then this past Monday it started having problems. As others have described it starts stuttering so its basically unusuable now. I tried downloading V2.2 of the program but there was no difference. I've tried, as best as I can tell, shutting down just about everything else that accesses the internet. Is there a way to tell what's currently running on a BB? Anyhow, I'll keep checking to see if anyone's posted a solution to the problem.
    01-29-10 09:06 PM
    I have not found a solution yet nor anyone official to
    point this out to as it does seem to be happening to more
    folks then it should.

Runs, buffers, runs, stutters/echos, slows down.

Slacker works fine. Streaming .wmv works fine,
    YouTube works fine, IHeartRadio chokes.

Tim
    01-30-10 07:33 AM
    Closest thing I've found to an "official" place where you can give feedback and MAYBE they'll see it is on FaceBook. They have a fan page there. A couple of people have posted comments about the problem already and I have, too. One thing I'm wondering is if the problem is with iheartradio or if it could be the cell phone carrier(s). Who do you have as your cell phone carrier? I have Sprint.
    01-30-10 02:52 PM
    Never mind. Doh! I just noticed that the messages show who your carriers are so I guess we can probably eliminate that as a possible culprit. It really wouldn't have made sense for it to have been the carrier anyways since other apps like Pandora work just fine.
    01-30-10 02:55 PM
    US Cellular. But I am sure its not the signal nor carrier as I am using
    it with the same carrier I had before, in the same locations.
    It's the phone that changed.

I think IHeartRadio has an issue with the new Curve.
    The only contact point I found as their website is:

new at iheartradio.com

Had to do that because this board, for some odd reason will not
    let me post an email addy. ARGH!

I have emailed them and I think anyone with a 8530 having this issue
    should also email them, call them etc.

Tim
    01-30-10 04:22 PM
    Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I sure hope they get it fixed soon. I really enjoyed being able to listen to it for that first week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 04:40 PM
    I found a feedback form on iheartradio's website. Apparently I haven't posted enough messages to post a link to a website but let's see what we can do.

www dot iheartradio dot com slash cc-common slash radio_app slash feedback dot html

Let's see if this goes through.
    01-30-10 08:44 PM
    After roaming the Internet for two days, I would say that they are aware of the issue.

Some older websites promoting IHeartRadio listed the 8530. But newer sites do not.
    Their website says Curve and has a picture of an 8330.

A search for IHeartRadio turns up nothing in BB App World, via BB.
    But after finding a direct link (via the web/PC) to it on BB App World I attempted
    to download it via the BB. App Worlds' app said it was not available for my device
    and would not allow me to download it.

This combined with all other streaming radio applications working fine and IHeartRadio having bad issues, I would say they are aware of it but not saying anything right now.

Too bad, I really liked the app. But silence is not golden, for long.

Tim
    02-01-10 02:16 PM
    I took a look on their site at their FAQ list and they have a compatibility chart which shows that the 8530 is not supported. Weird. The thing worked for me during the first week that I had my BB with no problems whatsoever. I'm wondering if they added some new feature that the 8530 doesn't support or something. One thing I did notice on the homepage of CrackBerry is that it looks like RIM is getting ready to release a new version of the 8530 OS. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try to find out what new features/bug fixes are supposed to be in this new version. Apparently you can download and try it out at your own risk but I'd rather wait until the official release. I'm just hoping that once it gets released that maybe iheartradio will work once again. In the meantime I'll just have to see if I can find some of the syndicated talk shows I like on other providers like AirKast or FlyCast.
    02-01-10 09:04 PM
    Wow, it's nice to see I'm not alone with this issue. I've got a Curve 8530 on Sprint (recently changed from a 8330.) OS is v.5.0.0.395. IheartRadio worked flawlessly on my 8330, and even worked OK for a few days on the 8530, but now also suffers from the stuttering/staggering audio issues that many others have reported here. Interestingly enough, this same problem occurs on Nobex Radio Companion as well, but not on Slacker or Pandora. But for now, IheartRadio is completely unlistenable on my Blackberry, and that's a shame. Hopefully the fine folks at IheartRadio are now more aware of this issue and will work to correct it. If anyone comes up with a fix, please let us know!

-Wolf-
    02-02-10 10:29 AM
    I received the following reply from iHeartRadio today on Facebook:

Hi Scott-- Unfortunately, we are working on a fix with your particular device right now so iheartradio is not supported with the 8530 at this time as many people have reported difficulties. Once the issues have been resolved, we will let you know so you can enjoy iheartradio on your BlackBerry once again. In the meantime, you may listen online at www dot iheartradio dot com We're sorry for the inconvenience but would like to keep our application as error-free as possible.
    (I still can't post URLs - I've only made 6 posts)

So, they're aware of the problem now we just have to wait and see how long it will be before they get a fix out to us. I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything further. Also, I think looking at their Facebook page may be the best place to find out what's going on.

Later,

Scott
    02-02-10 06:26 PM
    This thing is not very reliable.
    02-02-10 07:17 PM
    Can you be a little more specific? What thing is not very reliable?
    02-02-10 08:25 PM
    Thank you Scott. Been having the same problem for weeks with iHeartradio and my 8530. Just found the Crackberry site and knew right off the bat I was in the right place. Keep us posted.

Bildegarde
    Last edited by Bidegarde; 02-03-10 at 12:10 AM. Reason: not enough words
    02-03-10 12:08 AM
    Okay, at first I thought I had a defective 8530. (Or it just may be that the whole 8530 line is defective)

I'm having a similar experience with Nobex Radio Companion. For about 2 weeks it was working perfectly. I canceled my XM radio because this was a perfect replacement.

Then it started ... It would work fine for a minute or so, then going into echo or repeats over and over again like a broken record. I'm trying IHeartRadio now and I'm having the same echo problems that have been mentioned above.
    02-04-10 01:04 PM
    I have FlyCast and Nobex on my 8530 and both work fine.
    I have found some of the stations on Flycast have their own
    issues though..

I hope IHeartRadio fixes the issue and releases something for the
    Curve 2 8530. Doesn't make sense to leave out one of the most popular
    BBs out of the mix, when they once had it in.

Tim
    02-04-10 01:07 PM
    I heard they found the problem. Has anybody heard if they have a fix yet or when the fix will be announced?
    02-07-10 10:14 PM
    Looks like an upgrade of the BB OS has fixed the problem. I upgraded to v5.0.0.459 and it's working well ... so far.
    02-09-10 12:44 PM
    It still isn't working on my Blackberry
    02-15-10 11:33 PM
    It still isn't working on my Blackberry
    I think it's because verizon is still hasn't released an update yet. I check last night and there was no update for my bb and I don't rememeber exactly what the verison was i believe it was v5.0.0.3xx something but I know for a fact it wasn't as new or new as the one posted above your post. v5.0.0.459 So I guess we are waiting. WEAK! lol
    02-19-10 08:56 AM
    Last night my Sprint Curve 8530 auto-updated to v5.0.0.459.

Upon checking my iheartradio & Nobex apps, both now seem to be working OK without the stuttering/repeating/flutter problems previously experienced!

Whatever the problem was in the previous OS build seems to be resolved in this latest update. Hope some of you out there that have also had this problem can update your OS's and report back to see if this had any effect on your BB's too...

WOLF
    02-20-10 10:32 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD