Official word is that the Curve 8530 is coming to bell and will be released December 26th

It will be available in Royal Purple, and Black.

It will work on the CDMA/EVDO network, unfortunately it is not be an HSPA phone.

$199.95 on 3 year agreement,
    $399.95 on 30 day!!
    Last edited by prince-ali; 12-14-09 at 08:21 PM.
    12-14-09 08:18 PM
    Is there a source?
    12-14-09 11:07 PM
    I'm a Bell rep and we all got the echo on it earlier today.

I would snap a shot of the note but I'm a bit lazy at the moment... maybe another time, lol.
    12-14-09 11:39 PM
    I believe you, but can you explain to me how this makes any sense at all? At the $399 price point they are missing out on a huge market share of last minute Christmas shoppers.

As you are a rep you know more than me, but I would guess the 22nd seems more realistic as an "early release date"...thoughts?
    12-15-09 10:30 AM
    I agree with you. But that's just what they're doing, don't know why but the note said they will ship to stores Dec 21st, to be on sale for the 26th.

Also the price didn't make sense to me either, however I don't think the note was clear about the pricing as it may have included the Data ISPR/discount of $200 without mentioning it. But then again........ that could be the actual price since it's still a CDMA device and wouldn't make sense selling at the same price as the HSPA Bold 2 device (599.95) which happens to be faster and includes wifi...

(btw, smart phones get discounts for doing a 3yr contract, and another discount for adding data)

here is a snip of the price chart they included...
    Last edited by prince-ali; 12-15-09 at 01:41 PM.
    12-15-09 01:38 PM
    thanks for that...pricing looks pretty solid - which is excellent! $399.99 as an outright buy is great! I was expecting $499 as per earlier reported leaks...going to buy my wife the purple one as well as the black one for me...wooo!
    12-16-09 10:06 AM
    The 8530 has wifi as well.
    12-16-09 10:12 AM
    I agree with you. But that's just what they're doing, don't know why but the note said they will ship to stores Dec 21st, to be on sale for the 26th.

Also the price didn't make sense to me either, however I don't think the note was clear about the pricing as it may have included the Data ISPR/discount of $200 without mentioning it. But then again........ that could be the actual price since it's still a CDMA device and wouldn't make sense selling at the same price as the HSPA Bold 2 device (599.95) which happens to be faster and includes wifi...

(btw, smart phones get discounts for doing a 3yr contract, and another discount for adding data)

here is a snip of the price chart they included...
    (Shakes fist.......)

Where is the Storm2?????????
    Ranting aside, my wife swears by her Curve 8330, so I will get her the 8530.
    12-16-09 02:58 PM
    The 8530 has wifi as well.
    Never really understood the prupose of wifi when about 99.9% of people who have a blackberry already have data. Yes, I understand it's faster and that noise, but I would figure that if you are using the internet from home (wifi) you might as well use your home computer instead of some dinky little blackberry screen.
    12-20-09 05:27 PM
    one reasons for wifi if your in a free hotspot then you done have to use your data
    12-20-09 05:36 PM
    one reasons for wifi if your in a free hotspot then you done have to use your data
    I understand that too. I guess I figure that since BB data is compressed the chances of using too much data are next to nil. In terms of the faster speeds for wifi - I once again stand firm that if I am going to be in a free hotspot for a lengthy period of time I'll bring my laptop - browsing on a BB (or any cell phone for that matter) for lengthy periods of time is just stupid, imo.
    12-23-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD