I have a blackberry storm. This is actually my 3rd blackberry storm and I have had it a year now. It is a Love/Hate relationship. I feel like the touch screen on this blackberry is so much work, and it feels like work returning emails, etc. Not to mention even with all of the "upgrades" the darn thing still freezes A LOT and causes me to miss calls, etc. because I can't answer the phone!

SO, I don't want to make another mistake purchasing my next phone. I have been looking at the 8530 Violet for Verizon Wireless. I can get it now for $50 (it is $99 now, and I have a $50 credit since my phone is a year old.

My question to you guys is if the biggest complaint I have is freezing up, and the lack of speed/control when typing, do you think the 8530 would fit my needs?

Would love to hear some feedback from some new Curve 8530 owners

I like the fact that you can watch you tube, browse internet that looks the same as the Storm, etc.

Pros, Cons?
    12-14-09 12:38 PM
    Well I currently just bought a Curve 8330, I know it's not the new one, but I already love it more than my Storm 1. I can type soooo much easier on it. I am a twitter addict so that is important to me, LOL. I am over the touchscreen. Seeing as it's only $50, I would go for it =)
    12-14-09 01:09 PM
    I don't own one but I did take a look at the specs a few days ago. Few things that stuck out were: No GPS, lower resolution screen and no metal adapters outside of the phone for using a charging pod (I hate wires). Because of these 3 reasons I would personally pay a bit more and get a higher end blackberry, but thats just me. Im sure a lot of people have this phone and love it because they dont need the 3 things I listed.
    12-14-09 04:09 PM
    U should try a droid or eris.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 05:56 PM
    They are awesome. I would highly reccomend a curve.!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 10:21 PM
    I would go with the Tour over the curve. Better camera, bigger screen, better battery life (per RIM). You will loose WiFi, but guess it is what is important to you. Really I might hold off to see when the Tour 2 comes out. It is looking like it may drop early 2010 which will add WiFi and a trackpad.
    12-15-09 09:54 AM
    I just bought my GF the 8530 and she loves it. It's a solid phone from what I can see. She's had no problems with it, and her app memory has only budged a mere 0.02MB in three weeks!
    12-15-09 10:32 AM
    I don't own one but I did take a look at the specs a few days ago. Few things that stuck out were: No GPS, lower resolution screen and no metal adapters outside of the phone for using a charging pod (I hate wires). Because of these 3 reasons I would personally pay a bit more and get a higher end blackberry, but thats just me. Im sure a lot of people have this phone and love it because they dont need the 3 things I listed.
    8530 has GPS. From BGR "More or less the same device as T-Mobile’s (and soon to be AT&T’s) Curve 8520, the 8530 differs a bit: it adds GPS into the fold and runs on EV-DO Rev. 0 networks."

I had the 8330, which I liked a lot, but I like my Storm much more!
    Last edited by plkcable; 12-15-09 at 10:47 AM.
    12-15-09 10:41 AM
    I have a Storm and its been back for repair 3 times and bought an 8310 as a backup i love the lil 8310 when the storms in for repair but appreciate the clarity and the huge screen of the storm when its back in my pocket.

The Storm is a great phone when it works and since my last repair ive upped to the latest OS 5, V 5.0.0.425 and have to say the phones been solid and had no glitches yet, however my network provider have told me they will exchange the phone if it fails again.
    12-15-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD