Alright so last night I ordered my first Blackeberry, the Tour I am pretty excited (: Anyways I was wondering if there was anything I need to know...like tips or ticks? Your favorite themes or backgrounds...anything really...

Thank you!
    12-14-09 10:13 AM
    congrats on the Tour! It really is a great Blackberry

being that this is your first Blackberry, its going to seem confusing for a little bit for you to understand how the Operating System works. I've owned Blackberrys for about 6 years so far and still dont know exactly how everything works! Blackberrys are great though!

you might want to start Reading up on this forum to get to know the basics.. lots of good info here..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    12-14-09 10:34 AM
    check the wallpaper section up at the top...it has tons of cool wallpapers..also check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/po...screen-275821/

The thread above has tons of themes and wallpapers listed..i would start from the last page and work your way back..
    12-14-09 10:37 AM
    12-14-09 10:37 AM
    Welcome to the family!!!

There are also tons of ringtones on this site, that will allow you to personalize your blackberry even more!! Just click the download menu up top!
    12-14-09 10:52 AM
    Thanks! I am hoping I will like it WAY better than my instinct...

congrats on the Tour! It really is a great Blackberry

being that this is your first Blackberry, its going to seem confusing for a little bit for you to understand how the Operating System works. I've owned Blackberrys for about 6 years so far and still dont know exactly how everything works! Blackberrys are great though!

you might want to start Reading up on this forum to get to know the basics.. lots of good info here..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    12-14-09 11:26 AM
    How Cool!! Thanks!

Welcome to the family!!!

There are also tons of ringtones on this site, that will allow you to personalize your blackberry even more!! Just click the download menu up top!
    12-14-09 11:27 AM
    Also be sure to get some protection asap..... Like silicone case or better yet an otterbox case..... Enjoy your tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 11:29 AM
    You are going to love this phone.

12-14-09 12:19 PM
    welcome to the fam be sure to upgrade to os to 5.0.0.230 then install the 7.14 hybrid from bbhybrid.net... you are going to love it
    12-14-09 12:24 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Explore CrackBerry's list of free OTA apps along with CrackBerry App Store and BlackBerry App World for apps to customize your BlackBerry!

i suggest:

DriveSafe.ly

DriveSafe.ly is a service that
    makes TXTing and E-Mail safe while driving.

Here's what it offers:

* A service that reads your TXT and E-Mails out loud.
    * An Auto-Responder for TXT and E-Mails.
    * The best premium voices.

Vlingo

With Vlingo you can instantly send a text message, call a friend, search the web using Google or Yahoo!, update your Facebook or Twitter status and more by just speaking. Vlingo is the fastest way to get things done on your BlackBerry.

VQ CarFinder

VQ Car Finder is the ONLY car locating application that AUTOMATICALLY remembers where you parked. You don't have to do anything until you want to find your car. Then, at the press of a button, your BlackBerry� maps the way back to your car.

You can use VQ CarFinder in MANUAL mode by launching VQ CarFinder, clicking Menu button, clicking Set Car Position then giving your BlackBerry's GPS a moment to get a lock on your location.

MaraTick is a great free list app!

12-14-09 12:30 PM
    I highly recommend the Incipio Silicrylic case. It comes in two girly colors (I have the purple), but also comes in black. I'm a dropper, and this thing has saved my device soooo many times. Also, you might want to get a screen protector. However, the ones they sell through the Crackberry Store really pixelate your screen. I would go with a more transparent one through Amazon or Ebay.
    12-14-09 12:34 PM
    Welcome. Better bookmark CB because you will be addicted and on this site constantly...=0)

Make sure to get yourself a copy of QuickLaunch, BerryBuzz and BerryWeather. The three apps I can't live without.

Also make sure to get a case. BB's are real sexy, but the first time you drop it on the street iyou will be pretty mad. Any time I step outside my house it goese right on. I reccomend the Sedio Innocase Surface II.
    12-14-09 01:22 PM
    Welcome! You have come to the right place for Blackberry info and tips. Check out the App section at the top, there are plenty of free apps, themes, and ringtones available. Enjoy!
    12-17-09 04:29 AM
    welcome to the fam be sure to upgrade to os to 5.0.0.230 then install the 7.14 hybrid from bbhybrid.net... you are going to love it
    Now don't rush to do this. Sure, folks swear by the leaked/unofficial OSes and hybrid OSes. But no rush to do that. My Tour is my first BB. I have had it since about 9/1. And I am still learning new things on it.

Take the time to learn what it can do first. Get used to it. Make a list of the things you might want to do down the road.

And of course, enjoy!

You are going to love this phone.

+1000000
    12-17-09 08:16 AM
    ..yes..enjoy the bricking you'll encounter by simply installing or uninstalling an app(will happen eventually) + the BIS outages throughout the year, which i've slowly become accustomed to

so...besides those 2 major things, which I think are important anyway, it's a good phone nonetheless
    12-17-09 09:55 AM
    tour best way to go love mine
    12-17-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD