Hello all,

Just need some advice re screen protectors. New to BB, so am I best off going for this Zagg shield? Lots of people seem to have good things to say about them.

Also, on the website, it seems I can only buy for the 8900, but I know the screen size and design of the 8900 is basically identical to the 9700, right? So I'd be alright buying for the 8900 and putting it on my 9700, wouldn't I?

Any help much appreicated
    12-14-09 01:51 AM
    Zagg is having a 50% off everything sale so you can get the full invisible shield. I've heard mostly bad things about the iit though.
    12-14-09 01:57 AM
    The sale starts tomorrow or should I say later today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 02:09 AM
    Zagg is a good shield. Pretty much bulletproof. One drawback I found with them is after installation there was a "pebble" finish on the screen. At least to me it detracted from the look of the screen. I went with Clairvue after that. If I remember correctly I got two films for the same price or less than Zagg.
    12-14-09 04:32 AM
    Ive installed dozens of Zaggs on all types of phones and other electronics. I've ALWAYS had the curved edges and other spots not properly lay down or a little cut out would be a tad off.

Then I decided to try Best Skins Ever since I had seen a ton of good reviews and the fact their price was almost 70% cheaper than Zagg. Let me tell you, that skin fit dead on. Perfect edges, cutouts and every single part of my 9700 is covered. I also heard the Zagg has a few unprotected areas when viewed next to the BSE body kit.
    12-14-09 06:51 AM
    I have zaggs on over 20 different devices to include, cameras, iPods, cellphones and the 9700. I have only had one device that the edges curled up on and it was my daughters cellphone and she kept it in her back pocket. It still lasted over two years. It takes some patience to put them on properly but its worth the effort.
    12-14-09 06:55 AM
    It takes some patience to put them on properly but its worth the effort.

Yep and I have plenty of that.

Their product is not bad BUT for the double to triple times the amount you may pay for Zagg vs BSE and basically is the same protection. I don't know about you guys but I'm tiered of giving my money away to corporate over prices executives!
    12-14-09 07:07 AM
    Zagg's Invisible Shield for the 9700 SUCKS!!! At least the one I received did. The skin for the screen didn't come close to covering the entire screen, and I had many problems with the other skins too. However, BSE fit perfectly and I had no issues. Up to you, but I'm sure Zagg's won't be surprised if you complain seeing as how I know quite a few people who have asked for refunds for the 9700 skins.
    12-14-09 07:13 AM
    About a week ago, I had Ghost Armour installed on my 9700. It covers everything to perfection, every last piece of the screen is covered. It also fits the rest of the phone to perfection. If installed correctly, you can barely tell it is on, no orange peel at all for me. Nevermind they offer a lifetime warranty.
    12-14-09 07:27 AM
    I got a universal Zagg at best buy for $17 or $18. It came with 3 sheets and each sheet will make 2 screen protectors. They work perfectly. I don't use the full body but the screen ones are great for me.

12-14-09 07:48 AM
    I installed the zagg on my 9700 yesterday, at all the gloss finishes it looks great but the matt take a beating. Plus I also feel the peice I got has a manufacturing defect as the Batt pack shield piece is slightly bigger than the batt cover so its going off at the edges, anyone else got the same problem or its just me.

It took me 3hrs to install plus i feel its making the phone look cheap so personally I am not happy wasting S$30.
    01-19-10 01:16 AM
    Just need some advice re screen protectors. New to BB, so am I best off going for this Zagg shield? Lots of people seem to have good things to say about them.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if the Zagg people aren't planting some of these threads. There are far too many of them popping up to be a coincidence.

Zagg is a rip off. Their prices are ridiculous. If you want this film coverage for your BlackBerry, go to Google and type in "Best Skins Ever" and check their website out. They sell the same stuff at a fraction of the cost.

Use Zagg only if you like wasting money.
    01-19-10 05:54 PM
    InvisiShield is an awesome product that does not discolor over time. Properly applied, no problems and no discoloration. Have your local retailer install it for you if needed.

01-21-10 02:15 AM
    InvisiShield is an awesome product that does not discolor over time. Properly applied, no problems and no discoloration.
    That my friend is invalid information. I have always had InvisiShield on all my devices prior to my 9700 at which time I switched to BSE. My last InvisiShield was on my 8320 Curve for about 2 years and it did get a dark orange discoloration.

01-21-10 07:49 AM
    Hello all,

Also, on the website, it seems I can only buy for the 8900, but I know the screen size and design of the 8900 is basically identical to the 9700, right? So I'd be alright buying for the 8900 and putting it on my 9700, wouldn't I?

Any help much appreicated
    Don't mean to hijacket the thread. But I just got a screen protector from Clarivue for the 9700. It's easy to put on and it looks sleek!
    01-21-10 08:12 AM
    I have used zagg for 4 years on over two dozen devices....they work...however, I do not like the new applicator method i.e. sponge over the spray.

I have always recommended them, but not anymore.....and the past few devices they are not cut properly. I have been asked to provide exact measurements for them, etc.

Hate to say it, but QC is falling by the waste side....I will try BSE next.
    01-21-10 08:16 AM
    Don't mean to hijacket the thread. But I just got a screen protector from Clarivue for the 9700. It's easy to put on and it looks sleek!
    You're not hijacking anything. Good information.
    01-21-10 12:31 PM
    You're not hijacking anything. Good information.

There's a 10% off coupon code - TENOFFALLMAR, if anyone is interested.
    01-21-10 01:02 PM
    I purchased the InvisibleShield maybe two months ago (missed out on the 50% discount, but used a 25% discount code - always seems to be a discount code somewhere). I've already replaced my first one without any hassle, so my all in cost so far is about 30 bucks for the two. It is nice that for $4 S&H they will replace the shield without too much hassle.

However, I am in the same boat as others who say they have trouble with the corners. Even on my second one, certain corners just do not cover perfectly, may overlap with other parts, and is generally frustrating. Once on, it does look slick though, and the added texture to the phone is nice.

BUT, the damn thing picks up dust and lint particles in the crevices all the time! Its a small annoyance, but annoying nevertheless. Do the other shields (BSE) have this problem too?
    01-21-10 01:32 PM
    I wish I had seen some of these invisibleshield reviews before I ordered one. I had it installed by the 'pros' at Best Buy and I'm still very dissatisfied with it. I wish I had tried the BSE.

01-24-10 01:06 PM
    if i were to get an invisibleshield i would probably only get the screen protector rather than the full body because if you had a leather back on your blackberry whats the point of putting an invisbleshield on it?

I bought a full body but i took the protective sticker off the back of the bold because i wasnt satisfied with it.
    plus if your going to buy an invisbleshield make sure you dont get any type of ink in it because it will sometimes come off but most of the time will stay there for a very long time.
    01-24-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD