Hello all CB members, hope you're all enjoying your sunday nights.

I recently bought a used Rogers (now unlocked) Bold 9000 and just realized that the pin had not been released yet, and I'm unable to get onto the blackberry network on the phone, after some researching, I found this on berrymanuel.com

I'm currently using Fido and if this method works, I can easily find a friend with a Rogers account to help me with this.

----------------------------------------

In several countries we often encounter difficulties when we would like to switch our BIS Carrier.
    A bunch of reasons why they couldn’t release our BlackBerry PIN or probably the carrier need days to do it, while we needed the PIN to be released ASAP.

Is it possible to release the BlackBerry PIN by ourselves without dealing with customer service officer from the carrier?

The aswer is Yes..! BerryManual.com will show you how to release your BlackBerry PIN in “Release BlackBerry PIN in 5 minutes”

Before performing this tutorial, please do remember Do At Your Own Risk

Let’s start…

For instance your Blackberry PIN is registered to ROGERS and you want it to be released in the next 5 minutes or even less, then you’ll need another ROGERS account (could be anyone’s account) so let’s say your PIN is ‘PIN A’ and the other one is ‘PIN B’.

Step 1: you’ll sign in to ‘PIN B’ account at rogers.blackberry.com. At the left hand side of the screen below settings, you’ll find and select ‘change device’ then enter ‘PIN A’ in the device pin bar and ‘PIN A’s IMEI’ in the Device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and click SAVE.

Step 2: Send service books and wait until ‘PIN A’ device received “Email account information” from Activation server which actually belong to ‘PIN B’. This process should take less then a minute.

After finishing step 2, ‘PIN A’ is registered to account that belongs to ‘PIN B’ and ‘PIN B’ has no BIS account.

Step 3: After receiving those emails, you’ll have to perform ‘change device’ process one more time to start “kicking” PIN A out of any carrier by entering ‘PIN B’ into the device pin bar and ‘PIN B’s IMEI’ in the device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and clik SAVE. Send service book and wait until ‘PIN B’ device received the “Email account information” from Activation server.

After finishing step 3, ‘PIN A’ is “freed” and ‘PIN B’ is back to it’s regular activities.

Good Luck and if you like what we’re doing, and want us to keep doing it, please kindly consider making a donation, no matter how small, towards its increasing annual hosting and running costs. Many thanks for your kind and generous support.

--------------------------------------
    had anyone done this? has it been proven to work?

Thanks CB.
    12-13-09 05:59 PM
    This will work unless the PIN is locked by the carrier or RIM: for example if the phone was reported stolen
    Last edited by mandony; 12-13-09 at 10:40 PM.
    12-13-09 08:32 PM
    If the phone was reported stolen, the pin has been locked by RIM.
    12-13-09 10:13 PM
    I did that. Is now my old device PIN released?
    The new device works like a charm.
    12-24-09 05:54 PM
    I had this issue once before this 9000. I've had a chat with Vodafone for about 40 minutes on the phone for about 4 times.
    After my last chat with them they finally released the PIN from my previous phone. Was kinda awkward, but then everything went smoothly
    12-24-09 06:34 PM
    I did that. Is now my old device PIN released?
    The new device works like a charm.
    How can I verify that my PIN is released?
    12-25-09 06:37 PM
    agree with mandony
    12-26-09 12:37 AM
    I think it should work with any simcard, for example, if you have a tmobi bb unlocked and you want to use this with att, so you need a sim card from att(with actived BIS), put it in the tmobile bb and login in att.blackberry.com/ , then the webpag will ask u if u want to associate the sim card with that PIN and u say yes. After that you put the sim card in its original BB and u can put your sim card with your new phone... and enjoy it.

I think it is false that you have to call to the carrier to can release the PIN because A LOT but A LOT of people send bb tmboile and att to another countries, someones with PIN not release, but with a sim card with BIS you can release the PIN...

so have anyone tried this in US? at least in my old country almost everybody do it and it work... but here in US I dont know..
    Last edited by mik3; 01-17-10 at 02:11 PM.
    01-17-10 01:55 PM
    I think it should work with any simcard, for example, if you have a tmobi bb unlocked and you want to use this with att, so you need a sim card from att(with actived BIS), put it in the tmobile bb and login in att.blackberry.com/ , then the webpag will ask u if u want to associate the sim card with that PIN and u say yes. After that you put the sim card in its original BB and u can put your sim card with your new phone... and enjoy it.

I think it is false that you have to call to the carrier to can release the PIN because A LOT but A LOT of people send bb tmboile and att to another countries, someones with PIN not release, but with a sim card with BIS you can release the PIN...

so have anyone tried this in US? at least in my old country almost everybody do it and it work... but here in US I dont know..
    Translation to English?
    01-17-10 02:09 PM
    Anyone on AT&T wanna help me out with this procedure....i got monies in it for you
    01-19-10 11:16 AM
    Hi there,
    I have one of unlocked rogers 8900 Curve and My PIN is blocked by them. However I am not in Canada and I was wondering if you could help to release my PIN through change device method.
    I would really appreciate yours assistance.
    PIN: 209E9DD9
    IMEI: 359485020005567.
    02-15-10 06:21 PM
    Hi there, I have one of unlocked rogers 8900 Curve .....
    PIN: xxxxxxxxx9
    IMEI: xxxxxxx.
    For forum security: remove your PIN and IMEI from your posting
    02-15-10 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD