I don't know who to believe now. I've been reading this forum for a while, waiting until the Essex comes out. I'm due for an upgrade so I decided to wait until the Essex was released. I was in the mall today and I asked a guy in the Verizon store if he knew of an estimated date of release. He told me that it won't be until at least the summer because Verizon always waits a year between model upgrades. Since the Tour came out last summer, the Tour 2 won't be out until this summer. Is that reliable information? It's frustrating to hear so many contradictory dates and information.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this.
    12-13-09 03:54 PM
    Jane take a deep breath. 1st of all the reps at Vzw don't know squat! 95% of the time we know more than they do, and people may act like they know, but they just take educated guesses. Follow Salomondrin, he usually knows what's up. Granted, it's never a def. but close to it.
    12-13-09 04:14 PM
    I asked the guy in the Verizon store and he said it could he any daynow but looking more like January...that basically means nobody really knows...oh and the other guy in the verizon store thought it was already released...shows how much they know lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 04:15 PM
    i cant believe you guys still believe what any Verizon rep or Sprint rep tell you. They have NOOO idea what phones are coming out, and when they are coming out. They do not get that information. Crackberry knows a long time before any Verizon rep or Sprint rep might even have the slightest idea of anything.
    12-13-09 04:22 PM
    In fact, in many cases, the reps in stores have been known to refer people to this forum, because the information here is more reliable than most salespeople or techs.

12-13-09 04:29 PM
    In fact, in many cases, the reps in stores have been known to refer people to this forum, because the information here is more reliable than most salespeople or techs.

exactly, which is how I was told about this site.
    12-13-09 04:30 PM
    I should learn to not ask questions in the store. LOL I guess I'll just keep checking back on CB.

Thanks for the info everyone.
    12-13-09 04:32 PM
    Good, you're learning. CB is a great source of info.
    12-13-09 04:37 PM

I ask them, just to get a laugh, and then I refer them to here. They always look at me like, how do you have all that info?!?!
    12-13-09 05:51 PM
    yeah verizon goons say january & sprint say june= they have no clue..
    12-13-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD