Ok, here is my idea. I think the clickscreen is awesome for using the browser scrolling through emails and texts etc. However, when typing I feel I could type a lot faster and more accurately without it. So the app that I am requesting would make it so that only when typing the screen works like a regular touchscreen, it would be even better if it could be made so when you actually click that it capitalizes the letter typed.

So is this app even possible?

I think one of you geniuses on here can come up with this great app.

Let me know what you think
    12-13-09 10:23 AM
    I wish this was a option, hopefully someone can do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 10:49 AM
    I don't see that happening, you have to change the hardware.

12-13-09 10:50 AM
    Not really the hardware , what you need to do is create a keyboard app with the ability to open up or overide the BB keyboard the same way opera and bolt overide the blackberry browser. I'm sure it is possible. Opera did try this in beta 1 of opera mini 5.

12-13-09 11:13 AM
    I see now. This would be neat.
    12-13-09 11:51 AM
    hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to make this app and keep the blackberry autocorrect feature, that is a feature that I don't think I would want to let go.
    12-13-09 12:03 PM
    ok i will be the first to say it....you bought it knowing it had a clickscreen, if you didnt want the click you should have bought another phone!
    12-13-09 01:01 PM
    ok i will be the first to say it....you bought it knowing it had a clickscreen, if you didnt want the click you should have bought another phone!

seriously Mat, just shut the **** up.
    12-13-09 02:27 PM
    Not gonna happen.

Good news is that you can hawk the bb on ebay pretty easily and that will likely be the seed for another "how can I dl appz without a bb plan" thread. LOL.

12-14-09 01:08 PM
    Not really the hardware , what you need to do is create a keyboard app with the ability to open up or overide the BB keyboard the same way opera and bolt overide the blackberry browser. I'm sure it is possible. Opera did try this in beta 1 of opera mini 5.

I don't believe it can be done. A specific app can implement its own keyboard, but I don't think the API allows for access to other apps or built in features.

12-14-09 01:11 PM
    Now, what RIM could and should do is make the kb map programmable.

12-14-09 01:17 PM
    +1 the click is still the biggest reason for me keeping this phone. Just feels better than tapping on a solid screen. Other touch screens feel too disconnected now
    12-14-09 01:35 PM
    It is true, though. The whole reason the phone was so popular because of the click and such. He is right, the OP knew what the phone was like and if he really didn't like it he should have got a different one. I don't think I could type accurately with just the touch function. It's the click that makes it feel more natural coming from env's and such.
    12-14-09 01:52 PM
    like i said, i will be the first to say it, truth hurts sometimes
    12-14-09 02:13 PM
    You guys crack me up.

Like I said, for the most part I really like the clickscreen, especially when using the browser. I have had the phone for a little less than year now and have gotten quite used to it, but still sometimes when I am typing long emails I feel like it would be easier if the screen didn't click. I think it would be awesome if RIM would just allow you decide if you want it to click or not when typing or if someone could come out with an app for it. There are probably tons of storm users out there who would use that option.
    12-14-09 04:44 PM
    You sir, are and ***** . He is only stating the truth. The click screen is one of the features of the phone, and i dont think that there is a way to bypass it when it comes to the keyboard...
    12-14-09 05:26 PM
    Sounds like Iphone envy to me . If you don't like it get something else .
    12-14-09 05:36 PM
    It is unreal to me to hear so many people on this forum who own either a storm 1 or 2 complain about the surepress. Some even complain that it is tiresome to type on it. Holy sh**!! What the heck is the problem with people? Like Matt and everyone else said, you knew that it had this technology, so why the F did you get this phone? Damn whiners. Makes me sick to read this crap sometimes. I think these people will never be happy with any phone they get. They will always find something to complain about.
    12-14-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD