Why is the pilot lamp at the back of the base??? When the phone is in the base you cant see it unless you lift the phone out? How hard would it have been to put the lamp in front so you could just see at a glance if the phone has power and is charging? I'm beginning to wonder about RIMS thought process. Is the phone not supposed to go dark in the base? Mine does.
    12-13-09 04:49 AM
    That's what I was complaining about too. In the photos on ebay, it shows a LED indicator light in front. I emailed them back and they said RIM took it out (unknown reason). You can go to your clock options and under "when charging" change that to enter bedside mode.
    12-13-09 05:04 AM
    Hey Bettermost whats with the bitchy whiny posts lately...if you arent happy with the 9700 then FFS either sell it or get your money back.

I dont understand your thought process either...coming on here and ******** about things isnt going to make things any better.

Unless schools out and your really bored which in that case i suggest you step away from your keyboard and go outside and enjoy what mother nature has outdoors
    12-13-09 05:41 AM
    Agree. The pod is wicked, simple I walk in, sit my awesome 9700 in the dock for turbo charge and it saves the micro usb port from constant use..... couldn't give a hoot where the lamp is, as long as its charging and I can just drop the 9700 into it I'm more than happy.
    Given how awesome the 9700 is I wouldn't write about RIM's thought processes either...
    12-13-09 05:52 AM
    To me the light IS in the right place !!, I stumble upstairs to my bed and in the dark I can easily see where to put my BB in its pod, and then because the light is at the back the LED doesnt disturb you thru the night because its obscured by the BB itself. The pod is a great bit of kit !!
    12-13-09 06:43 AM
    The light is in the back so that you're able to find the dock in a dark room so that you can place the BB back on the dock.

And I agree with Spawn. You were on fire yesterday with the whining & B*tching.

relax a little man....
    12-13-09 06:50 AM
    The light is in the back so that you're able to find the dock in a dark room so that you can place the BB back on the dock.

And I agree with Spawn. You were on fire yesterday with the whining & B*tching.

relax a little man....
    exactly.

Weird thread.
    12-13-09 08:15 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could of swore when I was looking
    for a dock for my 9000 before, Blackberry's Store site said there was
    also a BB emblem in the front that lit up green for "charged" and
    red for "charging"?

I do miss my bright Curve 8320 dock, how it was designed and it with
    the light up frontend! It was sick looking like that, maybe could of done
    it with the 9700 dock. Still getting one either way...
    12-13-09 08:24 AM
    Just wanted to add that yes it would have been a nice touch if the emblem was at the front and actually lit up green or led depending on if it was charging etc.

But saying that its still an awesome accessory that no BB owner should be without.
    12-13-09 08:33 AM
    Location location location, the pod is still nice to charge the BB.
    12-13-09 08:46 AM
    to me the light is in the right place !!, i stumble upstairs to my bed and in the dark i can easily see where to put my bb in its pod, and then because the light is at the back the led doesnt disturb you thru the night because its obscured by the bb itself. The pod is a great bit of kit !!
    exactly!! +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 08:48 AM
    I totally agree with Spawn12's comments thus far. The pod is awesome. The OP needs to find something more substantial to discuss. I thought we were past the whiny early build issue posts. If the OP is unhappy with the design, then return the pod. When the OP becomes the head of design for RIM, then comments on design are justified.
    12-13-09 08:50 AM
    Seidio Base may have the front light you so desire. I' report back in a week when I have mine. Charges with or without a case.
    12-13-09 09:00 AM
    I totally agree with Spawn12's comments thus far. The pod is awesome. The OP needs to find something more substantial to discuss. I thought we were past the whiny early build issue posts. If the OP is unhappy with the design, then return the pod. When the OP becomes the head of design for RIM, then comments on design are justified.
    Once again another FAILED comment
    When you become "Head of Crackberry" then you can
    dictate on what ppl can say and not say, understood?
    Until then, aka never, its a free f'ing forum
    12-13-09 09:09 AM
    Why is the pilot lamp at the back of the base??? When the phone is in the base you cant see it unless you lift the phone out? How hard would it have been to put the lamp in front so you could just see at a glance if the phone has power and is charging? I'm beginning to wonder about RIMS thought process. Is the phone not supposed to go dark in the base? Mine does.
    You need help with your Anal OCD issues if something as insignificant as this bothers you
    Last edited by JD914; 12-13-09 at 09:17 AM.
    12-13-09 09:15 AM
    BTW I love my charging pod!
    12-13-09 09:18 AM
    To the OP can you edit this threads title and replace "charging base" with "this thread"? Thanks
    12-13-09 09:20 AM
    i actually like the light in the back, its good so at night its not too bright in the room, and i have my BerryBuzz set to flash when the battery is fully charged
    12-13-09 09:24 AM
    I agree and have BerryBuzz set up to do the same.
    12-13-09 09:27 AM
    It does not matter one bit to me where the light is as long as it charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 10:15 AM
    Yeah, I love mine, waaaay better than the one I had for my 9000. No complaints unless it strangely stops working!
    12-13-09 01:02 PM
    Wow another bitchy post from Bettermost
    12-13-09 01:06 PM
    To me the light IS in the right place !!, I stumble upstairs to my bed and in the dark I can easily see where to put my BB in its pod, and then because the light is at the back the LED doesnt disturb you thru the night because its obscured by the BB itself. The pod is a great bit of kit !!
    See I use lamps in my house at night.
    12-13-09 01:07 PM
    Some of us just dwell in the darkness !!!! ah, and like it how it is.....LOL
    12-13-09 01:10 PM
    Bettermost would have run into less of a buzzsaw if the issue were related to a technical attribute of the charging pod rather than a cosmetic one. Function over form. Substance over style.
    12-13-09 01:15 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD