Please save the lectures and *** whippings for a later date.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to dry water from under the screen? It had a mishap with an ice bucket last night and water is showing up under the screen today. It's still usable but I should try to dry it before it causes further problems.

Thanks
    12-12-09 08:13 PM
    If ur good take it apart and let it air dry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 08:36 PM
    Here are a few ideas. You can find these and more if you do a search. That is how I found them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/rice...-phone-318725/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...ht-way-318876/
    12-12-09 08:50 PM
    I am not nearly willing to risk the phone to try any of those solutions. The phone is still working okay, the touchscreen goes weird every so often.

Does anyone know how much it is if I take it into Verizon to have them take the screen apart and dry it?
    12-13-09 06:46 PM
    Someone seems a little testy. I am quite happy with my Storm, but then I have been able to keep it dry.

Were you able to dry it out and if so how did you do that?
    12-13-09 06:46 PM
    Someone seems a little testy. I am quite happy with my Storm, but then I have been able to keep it dry.

Were you able to dry it out and if so how did you do that?
    Wet or dry, it's still a piece of ****.

If I was able to dry it, would I need to take it into Verizon to have them dry it?
    12-13-09 06:57 PM
    All of your answers are right there in reply #4, from DJM1947
    12-13-09 07:33 PM
    Wet or dry, it's still a piece of ****.

If I was able to dry it, would I need to take it into Verizon to have them dry it?
    xD people won't help you if you are rude in your responses to their questions.. it's not their fault you didn't keep it out of an ice bucket lol.

Anywho, if rice doesn't work, I'd probably try a hair dryer or something like that
    12-13-09 07:35 PM
    Blow dryer helped me a little. Still got a small brown dot that settled in the screen. Only shows on a white background. No biggie
    12-13-09 07:48 PM
    I removed the microwave posts. NEVER put a phone in the microwave, but you all know that.
    12-13-09 11:29 PM
    I am not nearly willing to risk the phone to try any of those solutions. The phone is still working okay, the touchscreen goes weird every so often.

Does anyone know how much it is if I take it into Verizon to have them take the screen apart and dry it?
    I had the dare before i hopped onto the BB train. I got some water damage to my dare, and at first the water look under the screen was alright, didn't interfere with anything, then it started to freak out and vibrate and type random stuff at anytime. So i took it to verizon. I was lucky, in that none of the water damage strips triggered on the phone, and they replaced it for free under warranty. give that a try.

If it doesn't trip the little paper strips as being water damaged, they just may help you out.
    12-13-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD