Has anyone heard anything else on the rumored OS update this month, once again still having menu/escape button issues and dont want to swap it...Again
    12-11-09 11:29 PM
    Has anyone heard anything else on the rumored OS update this month, once again still having menu/escape button issues and dont want to swap it...Again
    Nothing yet i'm waiting here to for it
    12-11-09 11:32 PM
    hopefully its on the 15?
    12-12-09 02:57 AM
    yes 15th. XD
    12-12-09 03:25 AM
    Some are saying in Feb 2010.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 06:25 AM
    I would keep swapping phones until you get one that is working 100%. You paid for a working device, it's up to Verizon and RIM to supply you with just that.
    12-12-09 07:17 AM
    I had my storm 2 replaced 4 times so far and now verizon told me if it need to be replaced again they can only send a refurb. Does not seem fair! BTW the last phone seems to be working well. Will cross my fingers.
    12-12-09 07:20 AM
    I had my storm 2 replaced 4 times so far and now verizon told me if it need to be replaced again they can only send a refurb. Does not seem fair! BTW the last phone seems to be working well. Will cross my fingers.
    Yeah I had the same feelings with my storm1.

I went ahead and took the refurbished one and it was much better then all the new ones. My motto is "A working refurbished phone is better then a broken new phone" =)
    12-12-09 07:24 AM
    I would keep swapping phones until you get one that is working 100%. You paid for a working device, it's up to Verizon and RIM to supply you with just that.
    For me, swapping a phone costs me as much in time as a new phone. And at the end of the process, chances are I will still have the escape button issue or worse. At the end of the day, the PITA factor overrides the small chance of benefit.
    12-12-09 07:31 AM
    Verizon Rep on the phone just confirmed that Blackberry is aware of this issue and should be corrected on the new software update scheduled to be released on 12-15-09(tuesday) told me to wait till then before they send out replacement to me.
    12-12-09 10:20 AM
    I really hope they address the icons updating on the home screen. Besides that I'm just waiting for webkit and other upgrades that art bug fixes

12-12-09 10:44 AM
    the 15th would be real nice....After all these leaks for the 9700 I'm getting jealous haha.

But, you gotta think that if a higher build doesnt leak in the next couple days for the 9550 that the 15th isnt gonna happen either. Official builds almost always leak before launch. We'll see i guess.
    12-12-09 11:17 AM
    Right i have a S2 with Vodafone here in the UK and a few weeks ago updated to our newest OS stickied at the top...its fixed the homescreen icon update bug but it hasnt fixed my issue with the back button ie on a flat surface it doesnt push down and stays hard.

So i dont know but id be surprised if thats fixed in the Verizon S2's...not saying it wont but dont hold your breath guys thats all im saying.

Personally it doesnt bother me the back button not pushing down as i tend to pick up my phone but i think its a software issue which hopefully will get fixed in further updates...other than that my S2 works like a dream.
    12-12-09 11:42 AM
    A new OS is always nice but as of right now, i am not having any issues with my phone. So i'm happy.... (hopes this doesnt come back to bite me in the ***)
    12-12-09 12:14 PM
    I thought people had it from good sources it would be on the 15th this month?? I thought there was no question as to whether or not it is coming, becasue it is... well Idk that is just what I have read and how I interpreted it. If its not, then that sucks because I have been waiting for it lol... VZW needs to stop being little bitches and leak something atleast... Look at the bold! it got leaks left and right... The tour even got a leak....
    12-12-09 01:46 PM
    I was told I can't get a new device for the button issues due to the pending OS release on the 15th.

12-12-09 06:48 PM
    Verizon Rep on the phone just confirmed that Blackberry is aware of this issue and should be corrected on the new software update scheduled to be released on 12-15-09(tuesday) told me to wait till then before they send out replacement to me.
    Yeah I was told that too and she said that's it on Verizon computer so its most likely not a rumor

12-12-09 07:49 PM
    the 15th would be real nice....After all these leaks for the 9700 I'm getting jealous haha.

But, you gotta think that if a higher build doesnt leak in the next couple days for the 9550 that the 15th isnt gonna happen either. Official builds almost always leak before launch. We'll see i guess.
    I have a pretty good feeling that it will be different. Verizon usually keeps there leaks locked tight. And that its a newer device

12-12-09 07:51 PM
    Yeah she told me it was on some type of Tech Notification list, She told me january first but then said that was for a tour and the the S2 is on Dec 15th
    12-12-09 07:59 PM
    I'd be absolutely shocked if there's a new OS dropped on the 15th (of December 2009.) The phone will have been out for about 6 weeks at that point. It would be virtually unprecedented for VZW to push a release out that quickly after a phone became available. The only reason I could see for them to push a new release on the 15th is if, in fact the "button problem" is indeed firmware-based. In light of the evidence that that doesn't appear to be the case, coupled with the fact that many/most 9550 owners (including me) don't have this "problem", points strongly towards a H/W, rather than firmware, issue affect a (relatively) small number of devices. The ultimate question I ask is this: if the "button problem" is, in fact, a firmware issue, then why doesn't it affect each and every 9550? It's difficult for me to buy into the argument that it's a firmware problem considering all devices aren't affected. Use screen dimming as an example. Screen dimming appears to affect all devices. That's a software problem (or a design/build problem). In an absence of proof that all devices have the "button problem", which they don't, it strikes me as, frankly, next highly improbable that it's a firmware bug.

Other than the "button problem" some 9550 users are experiencing, there are no material flaws in the OS. Generally speaking it performs well. Could it be better? Without a doubt. Will we see official (and unofficial) releases in coming months addressing legitimate OS issues, and adding functionality? Absolutely. Will the first such release be on Tuesday? I'd wager not. We've seen no leaks (surely one friendly user would have dropped one). We've seen zero confirmation from any of the voices on here whom I trust regarding OS releases.

Color me skeptical, but until I get a bbosalert, read it on the main page of CB, or hear it in the forums from C_X, I'm not going to waste any more time on a rumor that has no basis in fact (other than one person saying "so a rep told me...").
    12-12-09 08:15 PM
    I have a pretty good feeling that it will be different. Verizon usually keeps there leaks locked tight. And that its a newer device

They do? That's why we got around 5 S1 leaks (up through .323) prior to the push on .328? Leaks are a function of availability and willingness. IE: does the friendly user have access to the current build, and are they willing to risk violating their NDA. History shows that at least one, and likely more than one, have both. Sorry, I don't base my estimation of when an OS is going to drop (or leak) based on a "good feeling." Nor do I base it on what a ccare rep tells me on the phone. Besides, your logic is wholly contradictory: on the one hand you'll have us believe that it's going to get pushed on the 15th "because a rep told you"; conversely, you state that "Verizon usually keeps there [sic] leaks locked tight." Which is it? If they keep their "leaks" (I think you meant to say official releases, since VZW doesn't issue "leaks") "locked tight", then why would a random ccare rep tell you about a pending OS push?
    12-12-09 08:24 PM
    sorry but RIM Corporate support seems to agree with the verizon techs and advises the fix was given to them and the software is verified and ready for release

Not to say I wouldn't be shocked if it didnt happen
    Last edited by NEPABBuser; 12-12-09 at 08:40 PM.
    12-12-09 08:30 PM
    I'd be absolutely shocked if there's a new OS dropped on the 15th (of December 2009.) The phone will have been out for about 6 weeks at that point. It would be virtually unprecedented for VZW to push a release out that quickly after a phone became available. "...").
    Two points about this...

Firstly. The Storm 9530 released Nov 22 (I believe) 2008 with 4.7.0.65. I also believe that December 6th 2008, 4.7.0.75 was pushed.

It isn't unprecedented.

Secondly, I have random issues with the buttons, but the BIG problem in this current build, 5.0.0.320, is the icons not updating. I can't put my most used apps up front (BerryWeather, UberTwitter, and Meterberry, among others) because the icons never update.
    12-12-09 08:49 PM
    They do? That's why we got around 5 S1 leaks (up through .323) prior to the push on .328? Leaks are a function of availability and willingness. IE: does the friendly user have access to the current build, and are they willing to risk violating their NDA. History shows that at least one, and likely more than one, have both. Sorry, I don't base my estimation of when an OS is going to drop (or leak) based on a "good feeling." Nor do I base it on what a ccare rep tells me on the phone. Besides, your logic is wholly contradictory: on the one hand you'll have us believe that it's going to get pushed on the 15th "because a rep told you"; conversely, you state that "Verizon usually keeps there [sic] leaks locked tight." Which is it? If they keep their "leaks" (I think you meant to say official releases, since VZW doesn't issue "leaks") "locked tight", then why would a random ccare rep tell you about a pending OS push?
    I said for there newer devices that have just came out. And I pretty damn sure that the storm one has been out for a.year. And on a second if both verizon and rim say that its gonna be out then what reason do they have to lie. You don't have to get your hopes up but don't bash people for keeping there's up. Go ******* rain on someesle parade. Lol

12-12-09 10:13 PM
    And I meant leaks. Dont try to correct me. They keep there os locked so they don't get leaks. I'm complete awake the Verizon doesn't release leaks.

12-12-09 10:15 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD