Edited on April 4 2010:

ShortcutMe 3.10.1.0 is now released for Bold 9700

About ShortcutMe:

Price:
    Free to upgrade for existing users.
    4.99$ for new users (Free trial available)

Free trial, YouTube Clips, and Web Page links for ShortcutMe

Update from ShortcutMe is still intact: Anyone, even App World customers can download the new version directly from ShortcutMe itself!

(What-is-New is under the image below)

New in 3.10.1.0:
    - Launch ShortcutMe with Space key
    If you are in the BlackBerry Home Screen and no other app is assigned to launch with Space key, ShortcutMe will launch by clicking the Space key

- Multi-Space-Key Click feature
    From BlackBerry Home Screen just double, triple and quadruple Space key to launch your most used apps

- Nicer look with loaded background image
    ShortcutMe loads background images, your own or the ones downloaded from ShortcutMe itself (Common Config page)

- 'Download Optimized Background Images' button to download images directly from our web site

- Background Image Rotation
    Instead of always having the same background image, you can choose to force ShortcutMe to load a new image every time it is launched.

- Multi-Click Apps View
    New view for Multi-Click apps. This new view can be launched if you click any of the multi-click keys 5 times.

- Test-Run button when you create/edit a shortcut.
    Test-Run allows you to test your shortcut as you create/edit it, instead of every time exit and test the shortcut.</li>

- Display name will auto update when AppName is changed.

- For Call, Msg_Email, Msg_PIN, Msg_SMS, select a contact from the Address Book, instead of copy and pasting it

- Msg_Email can accept a group in the Address Book.
    Create a shortcut to send email to several people.

- Now_Playing added to the supported app

If a media file is played, you can bring it to forefront using ShortcutMe

- Added Screenshot_PNG_SCM to the supported app
    Take a screenshot and save it as png file (Screenshot_SCM creates jpg file)

- Device_InfoPlus renamed to Device_Info_Plus

- Added Device_Info and Wifi_On to the supported app

End of April 4th Edit for the release of 3.10.1.0

ShortcutMe 3.8.2.0 is now available for Bold 9700! (Jan 13th 2010)

Added features to v3.8.2.0:

- Added Search_Answers

- Added "BlackBerry Messenger_BG" to AppNames

- Added "Yahoo! Messenger_BG" to AppNames

- Added "Google Talk_BG" to AppNames

- "Screenshot" AppName is changed to "Screenshot_SCM" (It is because a user reported that a 3rd party program is called Screenshot.

- Faster launching speed

- Added Search_Bing to the long list of search applications.

- Search History (up to 20) ) for all search applications.

- Search applications now allow Pasting, Check Spelling (etc) of the search phrase

- ENTER key starts the search in search applications. (No need to navigate to a button and click it to start a search)

- StocksOverview background colors were refined.

Added features to v3.8.0.0:

- Direct Launch
    No need to create a shortcut to launch an application anymore!

Just double click the conv key and start entering the name of the application in your mind! (If you click the conv key once then you are in the old mode where your shortcuts are, click it twice to launch apps directly. Assuming you have set the double-conv-key-click to "DirectLaunch_Toggle")

Direct Launch is not only for launching installed applications but also for 'launching' applications that are already running in the background and for launching ShortcutMe tasks like Calendar_New, MemoPad_New, Radio_Toggle, Search_google, StayLit, etc.

(set double conv key click to DirectLaunch_Toggle, or hit 0 to use it)

- Added many new Quick Search Apps
    Added Search_All, Search_Google, Search_Amazon, Search_YouTube, Search_Wikipedia, Search_Yahoo, Search_Flickr, Search_GoogleNews, Search_IMDB, Search_Newegg, Search_Twitter to the list of App Names

*Normal Use: Click S G to launch Search Google. Then enter your search phrase and click on OK to see the google search results.

*Power users (as usual, something there for power users): Quick Advance Search

Steps to setup:

1- Use BlackBerry Browser to search using any search engine with advance search feature. Let's say Google advance. Set all the parameters in google search as you wanted to use for your advance search. (For example set Data and region parameter of the google search, or any other parameters avaialble).
    Set the search phrase to shortcutme. Click on the search button to start the google search. Then use the menu options to copy the web link for the search result page.

2- Now create a shortcut (for example) like this: AppName: Search_Google DisplayName: Search Google Advance Shortcuts: S G A Parameter: (Paste the web address from step 1 here) Shortcut Color:

Now, any time you hit S G A, and enter a search word, you do an advance search for that word!

- StayLit added.
    Create a shortcut to force teh backlight to stay on. (When activated, it can only be turned off by launching ShortcutMe) Available also from Direct Launch so you don't even need to create a shortcut for it!
    ]

ShortcutMe 3.7.2.0 for Bold 9700:

PS: To upgrade you need to save your settings, delete ShortcutMe and then install the new version!
    (This is only needed this time. Upgrading to future versions will be easy and you don't need to delete it first.)

ShortcutMe 3.7.2.0 for BB Bold 97xx has following new features:

- Category: Set category for your shortcuts to have a cleaner main screen.

- Launch any app that is running in the background : If you find an app that doesn't launch, add it's name in the Common Config page and create a shortcut using that name. If that app is running in the background, ShortcutMe can launch it.

- Improved UI.

- Maximum # of shortcuts increased from 70 to 150.

- More embedded info and warnings to make it easier to create shortcuts.

- Auto Backup feature. Users can choose to restore from the latest, automatically backed up settings or from latest manually stored settings.

- Ability to load and use new background images for the main page of shortcutme.

- Two new drawing styles added.

- Directly upgrade from the Check For Update page.

- Check For Update with link to WhatIsNew, UpgradeInstruction and UpgradeCode.

- If conflict exists, clicking ENTER will launch the first shortcut that matches the user input regardless of the conflict.

- New icon.

Pricing:

- Free to upgrade doesn't matter when and where you have bought ShortcutMe
    (Free upgrades until at least March 2010)
    - Free to test fully functional version before you buy.
    - $4.99 after the free trial period is over.

For those who do not know what ShortcutMe is:

ShortcutMe is a super fast, powerful, yet easy to setup, BlackBerry shortcuts application that allows you to
    - assign 6 applications/tasks to your BlackBerry Convenience/Side Keys.
    - create your own shortcuts for your BlackBerry for:

- Launching most of BlackBerry and 3rd party applications
    - Quickly (<1.5 seconds) checking 5 days weather forecast for yours and other cities
    - Quickly (<1.5 seconds) checking your stock market portfolio and indexes.
    - Taking screen-shots (With Quality and Delay setting)
    - Toggle Bluetooth, Radio, AirplaneMode
    - Setting Profiles
    and much more ...

You can launch your shortcuts by:
    - Multiple clicking convenience keys (Extremely fast)
    - Conv.Key + your shortcut (i.e. A+B or A for Address Book) (Very fast)
    - Conv.Key + part of your shortcut to see related shortcuts (i.e U for utility) (fast)
    - Conv. key + trackball navigation and click (Slow)

Short video clips about ShortcutMe:

Do you want to double click (from anywhere) to see the weather forecast for your city and other 3 cities in less than 1.5 seconds?
    See video (61 seconds) demoing this feature:

Do you want to double click at any time to capture the current screen?
    See video (46 seconds) demoing this feature:

New YouTube HD clip for ShortcutMe, the fastest BlackBerry Shortcut application, can be found here:
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-10-10 at 01:51 PM.
    12-11-09 05:53 PM
    Hurrah!

Do I need to update from the version you IMed me last night? I note that when I try to load any of the 3 background images (scm-bg-1, etc.) on the Common Config. page, I get a message telling me that it is not on the external card.
    12-11-09 08:59 PM
    Hurrah!

Do I need to update from the version you IMed me last night? I note that when I try to load any of the 3 background images (scm-bg-1, etc.) on the Common Config. page, I get a message telling me that it is not on the external card.
    Yes, I did some minor changes in the 3.7.2.0 after you downloaded it.

You should be able to upgrade using the "Upgrade to 3.7.2.0" button on the "Check for Updates" page.
    12-11-09 10:01 PM
    Hurrah!

Do you have 300x25 pixel .png files with names scm-bg-0.png, scm-bg-1.png and scm-bg-2.png in the root directory of your uSD card?
    Edit: (You don't need to have all 3 files, but at least one)
    Last edited by Vijik; 12-11-09 at 10:18 PM.
    12-11-09 10:03 PM
    Do you have 300x25 pixel .png files with names scm-bg-0.png, scm-bg-1.png and scm-bg-2.png in the root directory of your uSD card?
    Edit: (You don't need to have all 3 files, but at least one)
    No, none of them are there.
    12-12-09 09:04 AM
    subscribe.
    Thanks
    12-12-09 09:09 AM
    No, none of them are there.
    Load New Backgroung Image tries to read one of those files on uSD.
    Then if you want to use them you should set "Use loaded image..."

If you want to try various background images, remember to cut edges on left and right side of the image in a way that left edge and right edge look the same.

I hope someone designes cool backgroung images and leave it online for others to use them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:15 AM
    can you upload the default images, so I can copy them to my card? Also, do the images have to be .png?
    12-12-09 09:31 AM
    can you upload the default images, so I can copy them to my card? Also, do the images have to be .png?
    Default images are selected automatically when you select not to use the loaded backgroung image. I can later on today PM you the default background.

Yes, they need to be png file (all Blackberry images will eventually be converted to png by the BB OS anyway
    ).

12-12-09 10:27 AM
    ShortcutMe 3.8.0.0 is now released for Bold 9700!

See ShortcutMe 3.8.0.0 in action:

Added features to v3.8.0.0:

- Direct Launch
    No need to create a shortcut to launch an application anymore!

Just double click the conv key and start entering the name of the application in your mind! (If you click the conv key once then you are in the old mode where your shortcuts are, click it twice to launch apps directly. Assuming you have set the double-conv-key-click to "DirectLaunch_Toggle")

Direct Launch is not only for launching installed applications but also for 'launching' applications that are already running in the background and for launching ShortcutMe tasks like Calendar_New, MemoPad_New, Radio_Toggle, Search_google, StayLit, etc.

(set double conv key click to DirectLaunch_Toggle, or hit 0 to use it)

- Added many new Quick Search Apps
    Added Search_All, Search_Google, Search_Amazon, Search_YouTube, Search_Wikipedia, Search_Yahoo, Search_Flickr, Search_GoogleNews, Search_IMDB, Search_Newegg, Search_Twitter to the list of App Names

*Normal Use: Click S G to launch Search Google. Then enter your search phrase and click on OK to see the google search results.

*Power users (as usual, something there for power users): Quick Advance Search

Steps to setup:

1- Use BlackBerry Browser to search using any search engine with advance search feature. Let's say Google advance. Set all the parameters in google search as you wanted to use for your advance search. (For example set Data and region parameter of the google search, or any other parameters avaialble).
    Set the search phrase to shortcutme. Click on the search button to start the google search. Then use the menu options to copy the web link for the search result page.

2- Now create a shortcut (for example) like this: AppName: Search_Google DisplayName: Search Google Advance Shortcuts: S G A Parameter: (Paste the web address from step 1 here) Shortcut Color:

Now, any time you hit S G A, and enter a search word, you do an advance search for that word!

- StayLit added.
    Create a shortcut to force teh backlight to stay on. (When activated, it can only be turned off by launching ShortcutMe) Available also from Direct Launch so you don't even need to create a shortcut for it!
    01-05-10 07:04 PM
    There are some who asks questions about how to use ShortcutMe and VLingo side by side.
    VLingo requires the conv key to not be assigned to anything. I can't
    change that requirement.
    ShortcutMe can't launch VLingo correctly as VLingo "listens" only when
    conv key is held down.

You can however, assign Vlingo to one conv key (let's say left conv
    key) and SCM to the other (let's say right conv key).
    Now to launch SCM's multi click apps for the left conv key, click
    right conv key once and then the left conv keys.
    01-06-10 09:11 PM
    Can you add "Search_Bing"? and can autofill be added to the search dialog? Say memory for the last 10 searches?
    01-06-10 10:12 PM
    Can you add "Search_Bing"? and can autofill be added to the search dialog? Say memory for the last 10 searches?
    Good Idea. Will add it to the next rev.
    01-06-10 11:08 PM
    Hello! How can I get Vlingo to work if Shortcutme has control of both side buttons. A workaround was mention on an earlier Shortcutme thread but how it was accomplished was not stated.

Vlingo demands either the right or left side button for activation
    01-07-10 03:54 AM
    Good Idea. Will add it to the next rev.
    Thanks.

Also, can you add the ability to paste from the clipboard? Ideally, I would also like to have the search function automatically insert a word or phrase that I had highlighted in the active program when it was invoked.

01-07-10 05:09 AM
    Hello! How can I get Vlingo to work if Shortcutme has control of both side buttons. A workaround was mention on an earlier Shortcutme thread but how it was accomplished was not stated.

Vlingo demands either the right or left side button for activation
    See my post above (#11)
    01-07-10 07:01 AM
    Thanks.

Also, can you add the ability to paste from the clipboard? Ideally, I would also like to have the search function automatically insert a word or phrase that I had highlighted in the active program when it was invoked.

Paste from clipboard is possible. Will most likely add it if there are no complications.

If you have just highlighted a text, I might not have access to that info from ShortcutMe. Will check that anyways.
    01-07-10 07:04 AM
    thank you.
    01-08-10 07:24 AM
    Excuse me - I have a simple question:

If I use ShortcutMe for my Strom and I assign both convenience keys (side keys) to it - how is it possible to launch the virtual keyboard ?

In my opinion the virtual keyboard is a good choice for the convenience key.

Thanks in advance
    01-08-10 03:54 PM
    Excuse me - I have a simple question:

If I use ShortcutMe for my Strom and I assign both convenience keys (side keys) to it - how is it possible to launch the virtual keyboard ?

In my opinion the virtual keyboard is a good choice for the convenience key.

Thanks in advance
    ShortcutMe doesn't require you to assign both conv keys to it. However, if you do decide to assign both conv keys to it, you can set it's multi click feature to assign 3 apps to each conv key (in addition to ShortcutMe itself).

Do you use conv keys to launch virtual keyboard?
    01-09-10 12:41 AM
    thank you.
    Version 3.8.1.0 is now available for download from ShortcutMe's "Check for Updates"

Added features to v3.8.1.0:

- Search applications now allow Pasting, Check Spelling (etc) of the search phrase

- ENTER key starts the search in search applications. (No need to navigate to a button and click it to start a search)

01-11-10 08:06 AM
    ShortcutMe doesn't require you to assign both conv keys to it. However, if you do decide to assign both conv keys to it, you can set it's multi click feature to assign 3 apps to each conv key (in addition to ShortcutMe itself).

Do you use conv keys to launch virtual keyboard?
    Yes I do at the moment - but I like to assign both conv keys to Shortcutme.
    ... but for the multi click I don't find a possibility to lunch the virtual Keyboard.
    01-11-10 03:27 PM
    Version 3.8.1.0 is now available for download from ShortcutMe's "Check for Updates"

Very nice. Thanks.

Now for my next request, can you filter the direct launch screen so that it only shows "launchable" items? The way it is now, it shows everything even if it can't be launched, for example, "BlackBerry Game Service", "CellData", "File Index Service", etc.
    01-11-10 03:34 PM

Does it reset the configuration if i update to this? i have like 30 shortcut and too lazy to do over again.
    01-12-10 05:37 AM
    Does it reset the configuration if i update to this? i have like 30 shortcut and too lazy to do over again.
    Back up your configuration to your memory card before doing the update and restore it from the memory card after the update.

01-12-10 05:47 AM
175 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD