This has happened a few times. My wife snaps a pic on her phone and she sends it to me from her phone to my email. I get the email on my phone and it does have the attachment on it, but it says "Unknown Attachment". When I click on the attachment to try to open it I get a message saying, "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device"

It is just a pic. I open it up on my PC and then click "save", it is saved as a .jpg.

Am I doing something wrong? Why can't I view a picture taken from another phone emailed to me?
    12-11-09 05:17 PM
    hmm ive never heard of this issue... is she sending in plain text or html?
    12-11-09 05:27 PM
    I dont really know. She just takes the pic and then "send as email". Comes to my email as an attachment. At the top of my email it says "1 attachment", then I scroll to the bottom and it says "Unknown Attachment". I dont know. Perhaps something on her phone saves her pics in a strange format? But my PC reads it as a .jpg ??
    12-11-09 05:29 PM
    Try sending as MMS message indstead of email.
    12-11-09 05:34 PM
    Has anyone else tried sending a pic to your phone!? Try and start narrowing down the issue. Also send a pic from your partners phone to another blackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 05:39 PM
    Had her send it MMS, it comes through fine. I have a buddy going to take a pic with his Blackberry and send it to me via email. We'll see what happens.
    12-11-09 05:45 PM
    It has to be how her phone (samsung) sends the attachment. Problem diagnosed.

Thanks!
    12-11-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD