I have been having an odd issue recently where any time someone sends me a reply of "haha " (which is rather often, for some reason) my Storm messes up. It won't let me open that SMS. The only workaround I can find it to click create new sms, then select that contact again, when the "new" sms opens, it shows that they sent me a message, but it's just a blank line. I know it says "haha " because of the preview when you open the SMS folder. Anyone else encountered anything similar to this at all? It's been happening ever since I upgraded to 5.0.0.328. I'm on Verizon. Suggestions/help very very much appreciated. Thanks! =]
    12-11-09 02:03 PM
    I have the same problem with that OS. I haven't noticed that it happens because of a specific message, but it happens all the time and it only happens when a certain person texts me. Hopefully someone knows what to do because it's rather annoying.
    12-11-09 02:17 PM
    hahaha that is crazy.
    12-11-09 02:19 PM
    haha that sucks
    12-11-09 02:53 PM
    I wonder if its the emoticons in general not necessarily "haha :-)" you tried wiping and reloading?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 02:57 PM
    My phone does it a well. I've not seen a pattern to mine yet. Just does it whenever it wants.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 03:26 PM
    When I try doing something similar, I often get the "the input system is being restarted" message which makes me re-type the whole message that I started.
    12-11-09 03:47 PM
    haha

This happens because of the history parser in this OS. Call Logs and Threaded SMSs get messed up when you delete a single entry from within the entire history of the calls or SMSs from a perticular contact. The only way to fix this is to delete the entire history for that contact and then from then on, don't delete individual entries from that history.

The OS has a bug in it that when a break happens in the history, it won't display/pull up the thread/history for that contact. I don't know how they missed it in testing. In the Call Log, when you mess with and delete a single entry from the history of a person's calls, you then can't hit Menu and have it pull up the Menu when you highlight that person in the Phone App's Call Log view.
    12-11-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD