Sooo i decided to do it. i am going from the tour to the eris. I always said i would never get another phone other then a berry until the droid came out. I had to go get my dads phone about 2 weeks ago and he told me to use it for a couple of days and i was instantly hooking. The features and apps and customization was ridiculous. I never thought anything could be the iphone but i think this does. the platform is amazing. Im very excited and although i will miss my tour i did the matj. The only thing im truly giving up that i cant get on the droid is bbm but in return what the droid does compared to the tour is worth the switch. sorry guys but i will update you on the awesomeness haha. And im looking forward to Sense UI
    12-11-09 10:14 AM
    The Eris is a good phone but has some battery issues. Took mine back and got the MOTO droid. been very happy. Just a heads up.

Also you will have to wait for Google Nav on the Eris it is running Droid 1.5

nav only works on 1.6 and up.
    12-11-09 11:41 AM
    the battery issues are easily resolved and i get a full day of medium to high use on my eris now

the 2.0 (maybe 2.1) update will be in the first quarter of 2010 according to a statement from verizon themselves.

but you have htc sense, so you are already ahead of the game
    12-11-09 11:45 AM
    I live in a marginal signal area, my wife's Eris is dropping calls. My Droid is doing ok, no dropped calls. The Droid is a lot better at pulling in weak signal in a low coverage area than the Eris.

This is from 2 Eris phones and my niece's Hero, all have the same low signal here.
    12-11-09 02:45 PM
    I had issue with storm with drop calls and verizon gave me the Eris. I was trying to get the Mot Droid but no luck. Eris's battery life sucks a$$

I live in a marginal signal area, my wife's Eris is dropping calls. My Droid is doing ok, no dropped calls. The Droid is a lot better at pulling in weak signal in a low coverage area than the Eris.

This is from 2 Eris phones and my niece's Hero, all have the same low signal here.
    12-11-09 03:13 PM
    I had issue with storm with drop calls and verizon gave me the Eris. I was trying to get the Mot Droid but no luck. Eris's battery life sucks a$$
    Verizon will work with you if you are having reception problems. They will often make an exception to their exchange policies or phone matrix when dropped calls are the issue. Make sure they note on your acct. that you are having dropped calls. They might let you upgrade to the Moto Droid if you pay the extra $$$, or give you the option to get a Network Extender (try to get them to discount it HEAVILY).
    12-11-09 03:20 PM
    I have had The eris for 4 days now and love it. I am not having any reciption issues at all same as my storm 2. This phone is great with a lot of features that blackberry does not have. The browser is awesome blows away BB.you won't regret it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 04:26 PM
    They only gave me an Eris and refused to give me a Droid if I try to pay for the $100 difference. I hate Verizon!

Verizon will work with you if you are having reception problems. They will often make an exception to their exchange policies or phone matrix when dropped calls are the issue. Make sure they note on your acct. that you are having dropped calls. They might let you upgrade to the Moto Droid if you pay the extra $$$, or give you the option to get a Network Extender (try to get them to discount it HEAVILY).
    12-12-09 12:01 PM

Update:

I did the update yesterday to the latest PRL version (51716), and the reception has gone up to a low, but acceptable level on the Eris (-89 dBm) and seems to be holding steadier. It should be able to hold a call without dropping it at that level.
    12-12-09 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD