i'm not one to post new topics much, but i really can't find answers to a few issues i'm having. i just switched to tmobile yesterday mainly due to the fact that their coverage is fine where i live, and more than half less than att costs for all unlimited, in fact me and my gf got a plan together that is all unlimited with no contract for less than one of our att bills. anyway, i have most of the options on the phone working, i haven't wiped since i switched to tmo, but i do have 5.0.0.411 installed. i can't seem to get visual voicemail working, it's turned on via their website, and i've switched my phone to the 9700 (only on their site, i'm still using the 9000) so the provisioning should be there, i even removed all the vvm files from the device with bbsak and loaded fresh ones from the 9700 but the vvm still shows as att, i'm guessing this is stored in a file somewhere, so my question is how can i go about getting that setting re-provisioned. my second question is of a similar circumstance, only regarding email setup, the old icon i always used with att says it can't connect to server, and theres a new one that uses the wap browser, not the one i'm used to, maybe this is because my bis is locked out due to it being assigned to att, because if i try to login to the bis from a browser it says my account has been suspended from att. anyone know how i can reset this? i'm getting my email, but it's not working like it should be, it's not changing emails to 'READ' on the server after i've viewed them from my device and i'm not getting a "sync contacts" option on the phone, i have it on the tmo website, but i can't see it on the phone, so it never goes to the security assigning and sync application on the phone, i'm sort of thinking that a wipe MAY solve my issues but i'm not really wanting to do that, but if thats the quickest blanket solution i guess i will. so again i'm looking for people on tmobile with an unlocked bold who can:
    1. use visual voicemail
    2. use gmail contact sync
    3. use native email setup application
    4. has gmails changed to 'READ' on server after viewing on device
    12-10-09 07:11 PM
    I'm also on a Bold on T-Mobile. I haven't been able to get Visual Voicemail working yet, still working on it. As for the native email, did you set it up on T-Mobile's website, putting in your pin and IMEI? You could also try wiping the phone, but that's quite a big hassle. I'm gonna try a few things when I get home to see if I can get VVM working, I'll let you know the results.
    12-10-09 07:16 PM
    yeah i added the email via tmobiles website, and it tells me to go through security options via the device, but i can't use the native email setup options anymore, i think it's because att has locked it or something, i mean i'm receiving email but it's just not fully working like it should, as i have no read sync or contact sync, and i can set email up from the device but it's using an icon that came with the tmo service books and not the one built into the device, i guess i probably need to reset the native one, and i'm not sure how to do that short of a wipe. visual voicemail CAN'T be this hard, it's available on the 9700 and it's the same thing really for the 9000 i guess i'll call tmo and see whats up
    12-10-09 07:36 PM
    still have not resolved the VVM- but @nancydrewthemes from twitter has an unlocked bold as well, using 4.6 OS and she says that she's able to use VVM- i dont know how though- i would like to know too!

regarding the email, just to clarify, are you able to configure email and have the Manage Internet Email icon?
    12-10-09 07:39 PM
    i'm gonna wipe, it's a pain, but in reality only takes like 30 minutes, hopefully all traces of att should disappear, we'll see, i won't give up until this works tho, i refuse to accept that it won't.

edit** just called a CSR and asked for a manager, he said he's gotten VVM workin on bolds and that sometimes i can take up to 72 hours to provision, which sounds ******** and like B.S. to me, but i'll just wait it out and see, he was fully aware that i was using a non tmo blackberry tho, and said he's pretty certain it can work on the 9000. actually while i wasn't immediately satisfied, as it still isn't working my experience on the phone with them was the best i've ever had with any cell provider. att would have told me to eat a bucket of dicks if i'd asked for support for a non att phone.
    Last edited by katiepea; 12-10-09 at 09:29 PM.
    12-10-09 07:54 PM
    I suggest you do a wipe, then let your device get service books from T-mobile first. I'd then selectively restore the databases you need from a backup.

Also, for VVM, have you tried deleting the VVM options database off of the device and re-provisioning? May want to give it a shot.
    12-10-09 10:11 PM
    i just did a wipe, it fixed my email problems, but VVM still has ties to att somehow, maybe it's because the files are from an att build i'm using the .415 files from the 9700 which worked on att. 2 different csr's said it's standard to take a few days for provisioning to go into effect, i'm of the belief that a wipe would have erased any VVM database that was existent on the device. which i did. i could go in and just delete that database and re-provision on the tmobile site, thats the only thing i haven't done, tho i'm worried that will make what might be a 72 hour process 24 hours longer... as i'm already 24 hours deep into what they claim is standard.
    12-10-09 10:14 PM
    i just did a wipe, it fixed my email problems, but VVM still has ties to att somehow, maybe it's because the files are from an att build i'm using the .415 files from the 9700 which worked on att. 2 different csr's said it's standard to take a few days for provisioning to go into effect, i'm of the belief that a wipe would have erased any VVM database that was existent on the device. which i did. i could go in and just delete that database and re-provision on the tmobile site, thats the only thing i haven't done, tho i'm worried that will make what might be a 72 hour process 24 hours longer... as i'm already 24 hours deep into what they claim is standard.
    bah, when I provisioned my 8900, it worked within a couple minutes. Try blowing away the options database and see if it stays provisioned or not. At this point, it can't hurt right?
    12-10-09 10:25 PM
    ok i cleared the vvm options database, and removed/readded it on tmo site. same result, screen says:
    and if i click no it spits an att web address for help. this is my first time using an unlocked device on a network it wasn't intended for so i don't know if stuff like the vendor ID matters towards anything or not, the vendor is still "102" which is att, and i have no idea how to change that.
    Last edited by katiepea; 12-10-09 at 10:44 PM.
    12-10-09 10:42 PM
    technically, you can change the vendorID from 102 (ATT) to 100 (T-Mobile) but it's not easy and I don't think you want to go down that road.

have you re-loaded all of your service books at this point? I think it's promising that it's in an unconfigured state.

Call T-Mobile and ask to speak to the BB troubleshooting dept. Tell them what you are trying to do and see if they can help you.
    Last edited by se1000; 12-10-09 at 10:51 PM.
    12-10-09 10:48 PM
    yes i did a wipe, and just for good measure deleted all service books, i didn't restore ANYTHING from a backup as i do that all remotely, then i resent service books from tmo. i'm gonna wait a little bit tho, tmo's site is under maintenance and i dont' think it added VVM back after it said it did, i will report back when i can access the page again.
    12-10-09 10:50 PM
    12-10-09 11:18 PM
    interesting, well it just so happens that i keep backup files from every build, so instead of taking all those steps, essentially what you're doing is restoring an old vvm file from when it was working, so i restored one from .314 and the provisioning screen is gone, and i have an empty list, so it's 'working' but i can't access tmobiles site (still down) yet to add the vvm option from when i removed it earlier to reprovision. i will report back when i can add this, but i'm hopeful at this point.
    12-11-09 02:07 AM
    Nice! hope it works out for you. Another thought I had was to make sure you changed your apn over to the t-mobile one before you tried attempting provisioning again, although I don't think it will matter
    12-11-09 10:07 AM
    i'm at a loss about this, can't seem to get it going, i've tried a bunch of os's a bunch of guides, theres a person on bbos.com that says their 9000 is working with vvm but maybe it requires a change of vendor ID. i've tried everything i can think of except that. by apn you mean the tcip to voicestream.net right?
    12-11-09 09:33 PM
    i'm at a loss about this, can't seem to get it going, i've tried a bunch of os's a bunch of guides, theres a person on bbos.com that says their 9000 is working with vvm but maybe it requires a change of vendor ID. i've tried everything i can think of except that. by apn you mean the tcip to voicestream.net right?
    yeah.

Also, have you tried just removing VVM altogether and then adding it back again?
    12-11-09 09:36 PM
    yeah, several versions of it too, i've tried the 9700 cod files for vvm, and an OTA posted on BBOS.net and my .238 ones, i wonder if this is related to the bold not having VVM cod's included in any of the latter builds lately. i downgraded to .238 just to see if the native vvm would work, and it did not. then i wiped and went back to .411, this fixed a few other problems that i think .314 lingered before, my image quality is extremely good now, .314 had degraded all images camera and otherwise, this issue is now fixed after loading .238 and then .411 tho.
    12-11-09 09:39 PM
    Hmm. I still say it's a provisioning issue. When i had my 9000 activated, I accidentally had VVM removed at the time and so the SMS they sent me to provision came though and sat in my inbox. I'd really try calling T-Mobile and see if they'd force provision your VVM.
    12-11-09 09:43 PM
    i remember getting that text from att also, and when i had it working on att at the time i added it to our plan i had vvm off the phone, as it was useless, i had to reinstall vvm, then reprovision, does TMO operate the same way, where it would provision from a text being read by the phone? however vvm was there the whole time, even when i called tmo last night they said they added it and it should be provisioned within the hour. but i never saw any signs of it.
    12-11-09 09:46 PM
    I'd think it provisions the same way. I can't find any other way it would work. I don't see anything else that could hold the config. Don't see any service books that jump out and I didn't see anything in the engineering menus that is associated with VVM either.
    12-11-09 09:49 PM
    yes i'm sure you are correct, and i'm sure thats what the problem is, you would think i'd have gotten some sort of notification from TMO that provisioning had at least been attempted, if i load VVM database from .238 backup file it removes the provision message and lets me access old voicemails and the message list, but if i leave a new test message after restoring that database i get no notification regular or VVM that a new voicemail was left
    12-11-09 09:52 PM
    this issue has been resolved, VVM is now working on the ATT 9000 on TMOBILE thanks to se1000. what it took was him backing up his 9700 VVM TMO file. and me restoring it, this worked beautifully, it allowed me to add my own password, and reprovision. all is right with the world now, and i now have a totally functional 5.0.0.411 att bold, on tmobile, well sans 3G, but i always turned that off anyway.
    12-11-09 10:15 PM
    Can I have that cod please? TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 01:11 PM
    I also have a Unlocked Bold 9000 on TMobile, with VVM that isnt provisioned....is it possible for me to get that VVM file from you? Thanks in advance
    01-27-10 01:27 PM
    When you did a wipe of your Bold did it get your native email setup application to work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 03:17 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD