I have a new 9700 bold. I want to move some photos from my PC to my phone - tried tne media sync... would only transfer music. I remember I had an older version of the desktop manager with my pearl, and I could drag and drop. Can't I still do that? If so, how?
    12-10-09 03:49 PM
    your media card should show up as a drive if not you may need to fix the drive in windows
    12-10-09 03:52 PM
    You would just have to connect your bb as a mass storage device. Once that is done you can just drag and drop the photos into the correct folders on the bb.
    12-10-09 03:57 PM
    Also, when you plug the mini usb into your phone, turn on "Mass Storage Mode" at the promt. This will let you access the media card through Windows Explorer.
    12-10-09 03:58 PM
    You couuld also install the BB media manager that came on your CD. when you open it up it will show you the folders on your BB and the memory card in your BB and you can just drag and drop them from the manager to your computer and you can move files from your computer to your BB in this maner as well.
    12-10-09 03:59 PM
    ...I remember I had an older version of the desktop manager with my pearl, and I could drag and drop. Can't I still do that? If so, how?
    You can still do that, I guess, but why bother? You can transfer any pictures, music, documents, or video files from your PC to your BlackBerry even without opening Desktop Manager.

If you haven't done it yet, go to Options->Memory. Enable "Media Card Support", "Mass Storage Mode Support", & "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode Wehn Connected". This way, your PC will recognize & read your memory card when you connected your BlackBerry into it and assign to it a removable drive name.

Then, simply copy & paste your files from your PC to your memory card. It's that simple & you're good to go...!
    12-10-09 03:59 PM
    OK great! Thanks everyone.
    12-10-09 09:00 PM
    If you have Bluetooth on your PC, you can also use it to transfer pictures. Click on media on your BB, press BB button, and then select Receive Using Bluetooth. I sometimes use that option if I only want to send one picture and don't want to bother plugging in the USB cable.
    12-10-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD