Hello All,

After couple of weeks of lurking around, I have joined the community! There's really a lot going on here and the threads are very very very good. I wouldn't want to sound like beating a dead horse here, but this forum is excellent and thus indirectly so are you all.

Now with that said, im new to the BB world, have friends and colleagues who have'em and have also wanted one. I have previously been a heavy nokia ( ... 8850, E61i, E71) and iphone (2G/3GS) user and also a Mac enthusiast.

So after some consideration I have finally made the move and got myself a Bold 9700.

After weighing the pros and cons I opted to buying the handset directly online.

I used it for 5 days before sending it back due to a screen issue (too many ripples on both sides specially the left hand when adjusting the volume or even slightly, and I do mean slightly, touching the screen).

Conceding that i'm a very demanding user (maybe due to the Mac side of me), I just couldn't accept having to bear with that after spending 385� (anyone out there having had similar experience?)

Anyways I sent the phone back and im waiting for the replacement. I sincerely hope I just got unlucky and got a lemon and this isn't a design flaw. I'm saying design flaw as I have never experienced this on any phone that I have had previously, but maybe it isn't.

A part from that issue, the OS and the phone are really good and given that I enjoy personalizing my gadgets a lot, I have found very nice themes here to pimp it up a bit.

So this was me, sharing a bit of my very short BB experience with you all, and hoping to come across you through the future threads.

Also if you want to share with me your favorite wallpapers, themes, apps, tips ... any thing that rocks your BB .... i'm all eyes.

I look forward reading you

Me.
    12-10-09 03:21 PM
    Very good choice of a first phone. Welcome to CB.
    12-10-09 03:23 PM
    There's still hope for ya' !!!! just look the other way and run as fast as you can............LOL.......Welcome !
    12-10-09 03:24 PM
    Welcome to the crew... as motley as it may be
    No rippling on my 9700, so hopefully your replacement will be an improvement in that area. It's a great device all the way around and definitely "starting at the top" .. good choice for a new BB user... well done!

We'll look forward to hearing more regarding your new device and all it brings to you.

Cheers!

Ron
    12-10-09 03:28 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. The addiction is not as bad as some will make it out to be.
    12-10-09 03:30 PM
    speak for yourself

welcome to the group and enjoy your 9700.
    12-10-09 03:30 PM
    I assure you, as well as I'm sure all others here, that you did not made a bad choice for your phone...! Well Done, indeed...!!!

All the information that you need is already here! If they aren't yet, why, just spit it out & I'm sure all of us here are more than willing to help!

Welcome to the group, soon to be CrackBerry...!
    12-10-09 03:37 PM
    welcome to our little gang, no amount of methadone will help you kick this new addiction!
    Last edited by kentusmc; 12-10-09 at 03:59 PM. Reason: W button is fickle!
    12-10-09 03:58 PM
    welcome aboard it should be a fun ride
    12-10-09 03:59 PM
    Hello All,

Thank-you for your messages. Very thoughtful of you. As soon as I get the precious back ill be posting some feedback and pics with it .

Right now i'm looking for a nice case, can't decide, should I go the shield way, the inno II from Seidio or what have you ...

The original case that comes with phone is pretty decent but too bulky, I prefer something slim ... will keep you guys posted on that too.

Cheers!
    12-10-09 05:17 PM
    Hi All,

I got it back, and did a little review on a case and screen protector here :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ma...d-skin-390723/

Cheers.
    12-22-09 04:50 PM
    Welcome from one NOOB to another!
    12-22-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD