I am looking to get a 9700 on TMo and due to a rather complicated switchover from ATT and being added as a third line onto a friends family plan, this really needs to be done in person and not online.

I have seen the phone in the TMO stores, but have been to Best Buy and Walmart here locally and nothing is there. Looking to save a few bucks (Walmart has them for $99 online) but no one seems to have them in stock yet.

Just trying to see if they have hit other markets yet and we are jsut being slow on the draw. I know the 8520 was in stores almost immediately.

Thanks!
    12-10-09 11:56 AM
    So I guess I'm going with no one has seen them in a B&M other than a TMO store?

Thanks!
    12-11-09 12:23 AM
    Just a bump to see if anyone has seen anything.

Also re-posting this in the TMO forum.
    12-25-09 03:57 AM
    What is B&M? I've never heard of this.
    12-25-09 07:51 AM
    He is probably referring to "Brick and Mortar" meaning physical store versus online store.
    12-25-09 08:32 AM
    Yes, I meant Brick & Mortar. For instance, I know Walmart.com has the TMO 9700, but its not in the actual stores yet. Given my weird situation in regars to the new contract/new carrier etc, I want to talk to a real person and make sure the phone works before I leave the store.
    12-25-09 12:32 PM
    I saw the "holder" place for one at Best Buy, it was pretty much just the sign with price, information and the tether point where they'll tether down a dummy unit when they get one.

My local T-Mobile store has 2 dummy units, and one working unit on display (just finished renovating the store, it's in a uber high-income area.) and that's how I played with one before I bought mine.
    12-25-09 12:56 PM
    I just scooped one up off craigslist for 250. Had the box, manual, all accesories. McLovin it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 01:02 PM
    I just scooped one up off craigslist for 250. Had the box, manual, all accesories. McLovin it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow! Nice score! Most of the stuff i see on CL that is new generally is going for the full, out of contract pricing (~$500).
    12-25-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD