I have had it with BerryWeather! Its off my device, never to return. Better to lose ten bucks than to stress myself out each time I look at that application.

Its always been stop and go with that application, ever since I got it. I have never uninstalled and reinstalled an application as much as I have this one! And it almost appears like since they upgraded it, I am having even more problems with the older version.

It is always hung on the automatic updates, and when I do a manual update, it will give me some ridiculous time as the update time - if it updates at all.

And then of course, the weather is usually wildly off! I live in Bowie, MD which to the best of my knowledge is NOT a remote area - weatherbug, and the weather channel don't seem to have any problems giving me accurate weather.

I currently have the weather channel on my device, which admittedly does not look as "pretty" as BerryWeather, but IT WORKS!!

Before I come under flak....... I have an unlimited data plan, I consistently have about 27mb of free space on my device, and yes, I did do the magical battery pull - uncountable pulls

So like I said, its "Bye Bye BerryWeather"......... and you can keep the ten bucks.

Merry Christmas.
    12-10-09 11:33 AM
    I feel you on this one. I purchased BerryWeather about two weeks ago and it worked for 5 days and now no gps location anymore and temperatures are way off. I'm really upset. I bout it on sale thinking this was a great app since it seemed to have good reviews. I can't even get support from the company itself either. WHAT A SCAM!!!
    12-10-09 11:45 AM
    I don't have any problems with berryweather updates but I agree on the accuracy. It is very seldom accurate. BOO! At least the UI looks good haha.
    12-10-09 12:10 PM
    try using weather in bing....just type weather in "your town" and it will stay in recent searches....that's what I have been doing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 12:22 PM
    BerryWeather has been on my phone for weeks now. No problems. Good service. Accurate as most weather services. Upgrade was smooth.

I am truly sorry to hear others are having trouble. That has not been any part of my experience.
    12-10-09 12:25 PM
    The only thing I hate is that you can't disable advisory update which gets annoying as heck. Other then that, its been doing its job fairly will where I live in chicago.
    12-10-09 12:28 PM
    If anyone has ever noticed, I have been one of the biggest critics of BerryWeather and Bellshare, its developer, since I first downloaded it over four months ago. I've always contended that although it's a beautiful app, it is so flawed that it is almost impossible to depend upon. I have had numerous issues with it, and my experience with Bellshare convinced me that they have no idea whatsoever of the concept of customer service.

However, I have kept the application on my 8900, because I observed that almost all of the problems and quirks of the app would eventually correct themselves. There was still the occasional failure to update, and the "n/a" notice would appear on some locations, but I learned that if I was patient, it would begin to work again shortly.

I dropped another $10 to upgrade to the new 2.0 version last week, and have to admit that it looks fantastic, and seems to function correctly, at least on my BlackBerry. I did have some issues yesterday with the automatic update, but, as before, it only lasted a few hours before it began to operate normally again.

I think that many of the more serious problems that people experience with BerryWeather (and other apps, too, for that matter) most likely stem from conflicts with other apps, or from Beta or contrived operating systems on their phone. For example, "stubbornswiss" the original poster, notes in his signature that he is using a "hybrid" OS - the app probably was not written to work with that non-standard code.

Perhaps he should consider downgrading to a standard OS before he casts all the blame on the BerryWeather app?
    12-10-09 12:56 PM
    This app has also been one of my most unstable apps!! I deleted and went with weather bug which is FREE!! When they update their elite, I will bye!
    Last edited by aming63; 12-10-09 at 05:07 PM.
    12-10-09 05:03 PM
    I haven't had any problems with BW. It's really accurate for me and looks fine.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Keep in mind that some problems may stem from conflicts with other apps. I used weatherbug before and it's good too.

12-10-09 05:50 PM
    I always recommend BBWeather... Free, lightweight, simple, and stable.
    12-10-09 06:21 PM
    I get an issue that others have mentioned in these forums... the "hourly" views (actually 3hr increments) all start 12hrs ahead of the current time e.g. 3am if it's 3pm now. Of course, if I'm looking at the hourly view then it's the next 12 hours I care about, 12hrs and more in the future! Anyone ever fixed this? I have emailed bellshare support.
    12-10-09 06:28 PM
    The rate that the app updates has nothing to do with the app itself, I have three locations on mines and they all update properly with the sun up and sun down accuracy. The issues that most of you are having without knowing is the choice of weather stations that you have chosen. Try changing your weather station to a different one or either changing your zip code to something a little further away from where you are.
    12-10-09 06:50 PM
    Yes, I have had the application installed on a standard OS, and unfortunately I experienced the same issues.

It is also noteworthy, that other users have experienced similar or other issues with this application, indicating that the problems are not just with me.

To quote marfaboy, "it looks fantastic, and seems to function correctly".

I personally would much prefer an application to actually function properly, rather than just have a semblance of proper functionality. I do appreciate however, that some folks might be just after the "bling" factor, rather than function.

The application doesn't work for me, and given the other reports I have come across, I believe I am justified in stating that it is not a very good application for me.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 12-10-09 at 08:08 PM.
    12-10-09 07:55 PM
    Mine works fine...
    12-10-09 07:56 PM
    Mine works nicely.

Only issues I've ever had are the "n/a" here and there, and when I swapped to a 8900 from the 8330. Other then that, smooth sailing on gorgeous seas.

I too think there are some issues w/ certain apps and beta/hybrid OS's. It's the nature of the beast. Also, some apps might conflict w/ others.

12-10-09 08:08 PM
    Always worked flawlessly for me, both 1.5 and 2.0. It's dead-on accurate as far as temp and conditions (BerryWeather says it's 22F ATM, my MBP weather widget says 21F). It updates when it's supposed to (I have mine set to hourly.) Advisories are timely and accurate.

In a nutshell, my experience with this app has been terrific, and I'm very pleased with the enhancements BellShare added to 2.0. Great product IMO, and I'm sorry that others aren't enjoying the same good fortune.
    12-10-09 08:18 PM
    I've had this app for several months and had some of the OP's issues before I upgraded. Now it's accurate within 1 or 2 degrees all day. I haven't had any problems other than the advisory update thing.

marfaboy - why did you pay $10 to upgrade? I think it should have been 3.99 to upgrade from the previous version,
    12-10-09 08:22 PM
    I get an issue that others have mentioned in these forums... the "hourly" views (actually 3hr increments) all start 12hrs ahead of the current time e.g. 3am if it's 3pm now. Of course, if I'm looking at the hourly view then it's the next 12 hours I care about, 12hrs and more in the future! Anyone ever fixed this? I have emailed bellshare support.
    I had this problem but it was fixed in 2.0.
    12-10-09 09:09 PM
    These are amateur weather reporting stations that wunderground (and therefore Berryweather) uses and am surprised that they chose to go with such a network when Bellshare's credibility is on the line. As far as the lag goes and citing conflicts with other apps...I haven't experienced lags like this with other apps... Yes, it could be conflicts with other apps but I would attribute that to poor design on Bellshare's part. It will get deleted soon if something doesn't improve with the horrible lag.
    12-10-09 09:32 PM
    These are amateur weather reporting stations that wunderground (and therefore Berryweather) uses and am surprised that they chose to go with such a network when Bellshare's credibility is on the line. As far as the lag goes and citing conflicts with other apps...I haven't experienced lags like this with other apps... Yes, it could be conflicts with other apps but I would attribute that to poor design on Bellshare's part. It will get deleted soon if something doesn't improve with the horrible lag.
    It's both a blessing and a curse, I guess. I have no problem with it. Amateur, sure. But if one of those stations is two blocks away from where you are, and the the "official" station (like an airport) is say, 20 miles away, which one would be more accurate for you? I would pick the one that is two blocks away. And, they (bellshare) even provide you with the option to switch reporting stations that your location uses. If one isn't providing accurate or current data, switch to another one.

If they limited it to just big official weather stations, users would complain that "omg I can't select a station anywhere near where I live, this app sux", so it's a Catch-22. It's hard to please everyone. Personally, I have fewer issues with 2.0 than I did with 1.5, but YMMV.
    12-10-09 09:52 PM
    Berryweather works almost perfectly on my Storm. Good updates and accurate forecasts and temperature. You might try BBWeather or Simpleweather. I have used both of those apps and they are very good also. They are very simple to set up and do not have all the options that Berryweather has to confuse you.
    12-10-09 09:56 PM
    It's both a blessing and a curse, I guess. I have no problem with it. Amateur, sure. But if one of those stations is two blocks away from where you are, and the the "official" station (like an airport) is say, 20 miles away, which one would be more accurate for you? I would pick the one that is two blocks away. And, they (bellshare) even provide you with the option to switch reporting stations that your location uses. If one isn't providing accurate or current data, switch to another one.

If they limited it to just big official weather stations, users would complain that "omg I can't select a station anywhere near where I live, this app sux", so it's a Catch-22. It's hard to please everyone. Personally, I have fewer issues with 2.0 than I did with 1.5, but YMMV.
    If that was the only problem with it I could deal with it. I've been trying different stations to see if I can find some that are more reliable than others. The lag just using my Tour bothers me more. I've shutdown (not deleted) Berryweather for now and gone back to weatherbug. The lag is gone. I'd like to get berryweather to work since I did pay for it after all. Fortunately I got it "on sale" a couple of weeks ago. Will give it another try when and if they do a 2.x update.
    12-10-09 10:10 PM
    I also gave up on Bwetaher and went back to Simple weather ..

12-10-09 10:58 PM
    I was thinking about buy it... Reading this I think it would be a bad choice
    12-10-09 11:03 PM
    Paying for BerryWeather is like paying for a hot hooker with no girl parts or a mouth.
    Cold and crass? Yes! But it's the truth.
    There are so many BellShare shills on here it isn't even funny.
    Just do a simple search for BW and you will find a long history of issues and excuses.
    The bottom line is it's an overpriced app that works when it wants to but it's pretty.

12-10-09 11:45 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD