Can anyone give me a list of things that the standard BB (in my case Stirm) do that the Droid doesn't? (other than seamless email) other than free apps that I can get on the droid market?

I mean standard everyday things like stopwatch, countdown timer.

Please don't make this a debate, just looking for things that I may miss when I upgrade (downgrade?) to the Droid.
    12-09-09 09:18 PM
    BBM
    sleep in holster
    clicky screen
    more secure (from what I hear)

None of these made any difference to me. I have no regrets.
    12-09-09 09:25 PM
    Can anyone give me a list of things that the standard BB (in my case Stirm) do that the Droid doesn't? (other than seamless email) other than free apps that I can get on the droid market?

I mean standard everyday things like stopwatch, countdown timer.

Please don't make this a debate, just looking for things that I may miss when I upgrade (downgrade?) to the Droid.
    hal1, what is your problem? you have more posts in here than mosts and you don't own a Droid. Just get the damn phone already. Please everyone please quite feeding this one. He is going to do what he is going to do.
    Last edited by P3Designs; 12-09-09 at 09:38 PM.
    12-09-09 09:36 PM
    hal1, what is your problem? you have more posts in here than mosts and you don't own a Droid. Just get the damn phone already. Please everyone please quite feeding this one. He is going to do what he is going to do.
    okay, fine
    12-09-09 09:44 PM
    +1

It really isn't like getting married, moving to another country, quiting your job or having kids. You are just getting a new phone, not changing your life. Besides, Verizon gives you 30 days to test it and return it if you don't like it.....ok, it is a little like getting married if you are a celeb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Two very importnt items: 1. Bluetooth voice dialing (important if you use your phone n the car often). 2, Direct phone to computer sync with outlook. However there are always trade-offs there are tons of things the Droid does better than the BB's.
    Two very importnt items: 1. Bluetooth voice dialing (important if you use your phone n the car often). 2, Direct phone to computer sync with outlook.
    Thank you. This is what I'm talking about. I see no reason why those who have can't help those who don't (yet)
    Last edited by hal1; 12-09-09 at 09:53 PM.
    12-09-09 09:51 PM
    1) Desktop manager, I havent found anything close to it as far as backing up your whole droid. I never mind messing with my storm with leaked updates because we could wipe then restore so easily and everything is back to the way you had it. I ahve yet to find an app that backs up sms, call logs, images and all installed apps.

2) Emails, My BB handles emails 10000x better then the droid no question. If you have any non gmail accounts on your droid you better hope you dont receive any time sensitive material. All my email was just about instant with my BB. With my droid my gmail are pretty much instant but my work and also person verizon account takes hours sometimes.

3) so much easier with outlook sync with bb.
    12-10-09 09:14 AM
    the only thing that bothers me in instant push email. everything else the droid does better!
    12-10-09 09:15 AM
    I don't think there's a timer or a stop watch built in (not that I could find), but there are plenty of free apps to account for this.
    12-10-09 09:16 AM
    You will miss the form factor of the BB. I constantly had to use two hands for my Droid even for simple things like texting or browsing cuz of the landscape layout. On the BB, I can do pretty much anything one handed which comes in handy when your other hands is occupied.

12-10-09 09:38 AM
    Yahoo push BB does without any BS...Bluetooth Voice dialing I miss
    12-10-09 07:51 PM
    My BB made toast. Unfortunately, my Droid does not
    12-11-09 07:21 AM
    the bb freezes and hiccups constantly, the droid does not
    12-11-09 07:32 AM
    12-11-09 08:53 AM
    the only thing that bothers me in instant push email. everything else the droid does better!
    There is no such think in the Blackberry world unless you use BES or Yahoo, GMail, or Hotmail on IMAP4. All other POP3 or OWA based email accounts on BB are subject to a polling wait of 10 minutes or so (which btw, is out of your control).
    12-11-09 11:20 AM
    um, not sure about all that....

i strictly use my website email address i setup with my storm1 as pop accts and they were instant, always, delivered in 10 seconds or less.

on my eris i tried k9 app, using imap for the same accts, and it was the same, instant, but k9 was rather lagy so i went o the native app on 10 minute intervals, works fine for me.
    12-11-09 11:42 AM
    I remember when I "in futility" thought my BIS was instant. Thanks for educated me long ago civic.
    12-11-09 11:46 AM
    Yep, Gmail, yahoo, hotmail are instant on BB, others, always took a while. Seemed like 10-15 min. But, if another email came in on one of those other accounts right afterwards, it seemed to poll again quicker. Then after no activity, back to 10-15 minutes, haha...

12-11-09 12:23 PM
    Not sure why people here are complaining about not getting instant work emails, as long as your work server has active sync, you will get push instant work emails, I do. Sometimes the phone beeps a second before the email appears in my inbox on the computer, pretty creepy and awesome at the same time.

My old blackberry had a GSM radio, the Droid does not, so no international travelling with this phone. I find I don't miss BBM, I just make people txt me instead like they used to pre-blackberry days and all is well, plus I really like handcent sms.
    12-11-09 04:45 PM
    i don't have a droid... but from what i read... these are minors... but is one of those little things i use everyday...
    -tasks
    -notepad
    12-12-09 01:23 AM
    I just got my droid this past weekend. Here's my little list

Gps is lot better than my pearl. I'm loveing GM
    No backup on the droid
    OS updates are lot faster than the pearl. Plus you don't have to monitor a web site for the next upgrade
    Seams like i can do more on the web than i could on my pearl
    pretty much open phone for downloading 3 party software
    12-12-09 04:49 AM
    I like the profile options, text display options on the BB. I also like the security and how instant each separate email is. As a phone, its also easier to one hand which is nice for business use. I also like the password keeper program. Task managements are also nice and outlook integration.

I use both [phones]
    12-12-09 11:55 AM
    I like the profile options, text display options on the BB. I also like the security and how instant each separate email is. As a phone, its also easier to one hand which is nice for business use. I also like the password keeper program. Task managements are also nice and outlook integration.

I use both [phones]
    Some of these can be done with apps. Quick Profiles for profiles, Keeper for passwords.
    12-12-09 01:33 PM
    There is no such think in the Blackberry world unless you use BES or Yahoo, GMail, or Hotmail on IMAP4. All other POP3 or OWA based email accounts on BB are subject to a polling wait of 10 minutes or so (which btw, is out of your control).
    Actually, it's a 15 minute time interval. I sold my Storm2, and kept my Tour, after getting the Motorola Droid. For yahoo and hotmail, and all others, you can set the Droid to check for emails as often as 5 minutes. The Droid is muchhh better if you have gmail, as far as searching of the gmail mail, 2 way sync, and presentation. It looks almost exactly like your desktop gmail. Also, html email is much better on the Droid, and it doesn't have an email limit, and compress your emails. As has been said before too, the Motorola Droid is all around, much faster than ANY blackberry. The native browser is much much better than any blackberry. It's just nicer, better youtube in HQ, just prettier, nicer UI. However, blackberry is still top notch, and I'll will probably always be a blackberry fan, but I have to admit, there's no better phone than the Motorola Droid at this time. I'm hoping that blackberry comes back in a huge way and revamps it's os, email, and web restrictions, and just ups the ante. However, right now, it's just an outdated, boring, rehash of the samething, on each device. If I didn't own a Motorola Droid, I'd have a Storm2...until the HTC Passion comes out.
    12-13-09 01:39 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD